It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:13 am

Free Newsletter

Think Slim

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Think Slim

Postby tess88 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:57 pm

Im a ( or was ) a BIG emotional eater!!
I was in the bookstore yesterday and bought a book called Think Slim by Mark Stephens. He is an Australian author and i dont know if any of you have heard about this book but i had to come on here today especially to tell you how good this book is. I couldnt put it down so i read the whole thing last night!! It teaches you how to stop emotional eating and be alot healthier, spiritually aswell as physically! Its really motivational as well and i definately recommend it! Has anyone else read it and what did you think?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8skjZ/]
[/url]
tess88

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:10 pm

hi tess i havent read it or brought it but mark is a big friend of adro's and theres a lot of positive talk about it on his site. (i know i go on about his site all the time!) but theres where ive heard wonderful things about it so enjoy the book- like jules- we want a book report!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:34 am

It sounds good.

Does it give you tools to stop the cycle, or what?

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby tess88 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:35 am

Yeah it is fantastic hey, there are some great tips, i definately recommend this book to anyone! Its really good, i cant stress it enough! There are lots of different methods he teaches you to control your eating, its alot about your mental state, but it covers lots of stuff its great!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8skjZ/]
[/url]
tess88

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Yeah I have one of his hypnotheropy think slim cd's that come with a magazine last year it was really good to listen to
Chelle

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:47 am

sounds great Tess!! Slimming mag did an article on him and his program and then we scored a free cd with that months issue....I have to admit I fell asleep.... :roll: I am so hopeless!!

Will have to read the book so I get the proper gyst!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby macasgirl4eva » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:51 pm

Ally wrote:sounds great Tess!! Slimming mag did an article on him and his program and then we scored a free cd with that months issue....I have to admit I fell asleep.... :roll: I am so hopeless!!

Will have to read the book so I get the proper gyst!!

I never got past the relaxation exercise either *LoL*
macasgirl4eva

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:23 pm

hahhaha glad I was not the only one!!!! :P :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Livy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 pm

I acutally purchased the entire program of his off ebay. I completed the whole thing. I found that it was brilliant in making me, or allowing me to come to terms with my past hurts and insecurities.
The only problem I had with the system, is that you were required to listen to the CDs for several hours a day, and in that time, you had to be in a constant state of relaxation... ie... lying down. Now, with a 2 year old, that just isn't possible. I did try, but she would always wake up, and I am so flat out when she is asleep getting other things done that I can't do when she is awake!
Check out his website, I think it's just thinkslim.com or something, and check it out. I waited for the system (which is like $350) to be listed on ebay, which it was. I bought it for $100, and resold it on Ebay a few months later for about $150!
I do reccomend it, but like Betalife was, you need the time to really listen to what this guy has to say. If you are time poor, don't bother.
Liv
Livy

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:05 pm

I'm going to a seminar he is having at the Gold Coast this month. Hopefully I will get some good tips. I'm also going to go buy the book. In the past (well two weeks prior to starting my lifestyle change :o ) I was a huge emotional eater. I want to learn to stop the cycle just in case I find any hurdles in future (which I'm sure to face :roll: ).

Will post any good tips I get from the seminar.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Re: Think Slim

Postby Angleena-Smith » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Think Slim program, believes that whatever diet you are on the odds of it succeeding are small unless you change the way you think about food and losing weight. The battle with weight-loss is mostly psychological and by tackling the emotional reasons behind over-eating Mark has already helped thousands of people lose weight.
The clinical components and addiction recovery activities offered by Cliffside Malibu Drug Rehab Center are specifically related to drug rehabilitation philosophy.
Angleena-Smith

Postby danni_bella » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:53 am

I always used to 'treat myself' with food, but slowly learning now to treat myself with things, such as a nice skirt. Bit more expensive but over all worth it :P

Plus... I like to think of the consequences, e.g. I won't be able to fit into that new skirt if I keep on eating :(
danni_bella

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm

I use the Think Slim program. I love love love it!

I have had the best service from them, and the whole package has been instrumental in keeping me focused on this journey, it really has.

Is anyone else out there using the Think Slim program?
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Return to Emotional Eating