It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:10 am

Free Newsletter

Everyday.

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Everyday.

Postby jestxx » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:41 pm

When I eat I hate my body, and when I hate my body I eat. I think I am stuck in an emotional, vicious cycle.

I have recently (last tuesday) been diagnosed with depression and am now on medication.

I need to sort out my issues but I need to talk abou them to do that. I can not afford professional councelling.

I understand I am not the only person who feels this way or is in this situation, but being 17 I feel i have a lot of expectations put onto me by friends and family. sorry about my babble. I just needed to get it off my chest.
jestxx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:48 pm

hey jess i can understabnd where u are coming from it it makes it worse when people give u sly remarks about ur weight too- as my family do. i hope u feel inspired by the site to help you get better physically as well as emotionally :) u are not alone :)
kate_turner2000

Postby jestxx » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks Kate :)

My family and boyfriend are particularly picky and sly about my weight, and it doesnt help me at all. Especially when they know how hard i am trying.

Im looking forward to starting this journey all over again, I truely believe I can do it this time.
jestxx

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 pm

good on u for trying jess they shouldnt put u down mate. i know how horrible that can be. we are always here if u need a boost, we know how hard it can be to lose weight.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Jest my daughter is the same age as you and has suffered depression as well - I do too (am medicated for life because of it). If you want to chat at all, just pm me as I am about most days and understand what you are going through better than most.

Big hugs to you darl, things will get better for you from here on.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Fairie » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:17 pm

We are here for you Jest, come and babble all you like.

Lots of hugs and take care of yourself. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Sometimes Jest someone is sent into your life for a reason. Please PM Lolly, she has the heart as big as a lions and as soft as a pillow. AND she really knows where you are coming from.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby jestxx » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 pm

Thank you all so much, being on my first week of medications my moods are all over the place! This afternoon though I am ecsatically happy. I love my new job, and always in a good mood when I go to, am at, and finish work. I love it!! Only been there 5 weeks. I am expecting some lows soon though, every time Im happy enough to laugh out loud, is folowed by a day in tears.

Again, thank you all so much :)

And Lolly, I might just take you up on that, itd be great to talk to someone.
jestxx

Postby Chelle » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:37 am

Sorry to hear that you have depression at such a young age it's a good thing that you have been diaginosed & you are doing somthing about it I have a friend that is very close to me with the same thing, it's not a good thing to have because you have your ups' & down more down days there are plenty of people on this forum who will be willing to help you get through this & listen to what you have to say...

If you feel that you need to see a councelor there are one's at there for free ask your doctor I know where I live there is a community hospital that offers free councelling so they are out there just ask or you can ring up kids help line they might be able to help
Chelle

Postby Simmy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi Jest. I to am here if you need to chat to anyone, just PM me and add me to MSN. I have lived through depression and I know how hard it can be. I don't know if you have used it but http://www.depressionet.com.au/ is a great site for helping you through. Its like this forum but depression based. It really helped me when I was your age right up until last year.
Simmy

Return to Emotional Eating