It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Free Newsletter

My daugher drove me to eat ......

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:21 pm

Nope - no days off here for her - my mother made me go to school everyday when I had them saying that "you have to learn to live with them because the world will not stop because you have a period!". But saying that, I do think I will be more leanient then my mother was to me!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:26 pm

hehe yeah we all do things our mothers never did hehe.
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:43 pm

I was giving my daughter a day off whenever she got hers but once she got used of it all she stopped asking
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

hey sassygirl

Postby Aquarian » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:40 am

sounds like you have your hands full at times... but kids are wonderful. I read your post about having the hot water bottle on your tummy.. is this for pain/cramps. The reason I say this is because I have had painful cramps all of my life.. used to take Ponstan, then I was prescribed anti inflammatories for other matters and found they were wonderful for the cramps. But with all of the bad news associated with anti-inflammatories now days(increased risk of heart attack, stroke etc) I looked for an alternative as my doc said I cannot exercise for 3 days after taking the anti-inflammatories. I searched high and low and did not have much success until I came across a natural remedy called Cramp Bark. You can buy it at the health food shop in a capsule, it also has added magnesium which is also for cramps. I could not believe that it did the job.
A closed mouth gathers no feet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0RQlKw/]
[/url]
Aquarian

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 02, 2007 11:35 am

Oh you poor thing - I can symphasise with you on the cramps - I get them sooo bad a week before my period is due so I do find that a hot water bottle on my stomach does ease the pain a little. Try it - you have nothing else to lose!!!!!!! I should book in an appointment with my doctor to find out exactly why. When I last saw him - I made a passing remark about back pain, pelvic pain and cramps and, as my appointment time was up, he said it sounded like endometriosos and that I should make another apopintment to discuss this with him and take it further - but alas I have not done that and have continued to live with the pain. Mental note to self - MAKE AN APPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!

Sassygirl

Postby bundy-mum » Wed May 02, 2007 11:03 pm

I used to suffer with terrible cramps, backache & major bleeding as well but I had an "Implanon" put in my arm (the matchstick thingy) and all I have had for the last 3 yrs is a small amout of cramping every three or 4 months when I would have been due. So after 3 yrs of freedom, it is now time to replace it. It was due to be changed in Jan and I havent' got around to it and now everything is back in full force so to quote Sassygirl "note to self - make an appointment" :) I wish that I could get it for my 11 yr old daughter when she starts and then she wouldn't have to worry about TTOM for the next 3 years, and concentrate on high school next yr.
bundy-mum

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Hay bundy-mum - it is a worry isn' t it - as I have said before I am dreading her getting hers!! :cry: She turns 11 today!!!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 03, 2007 1:05 pm

wow happy birthday to your daughter michelle :) i hope she has a great day :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 03, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks Kate - she was spoilt rotten. I have been converted to EBAY and did some searching around for items on there. She is a total fan of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (understands the weight issue and doesn't think that they are great for that!). I got her collector dolls, clothes, cd's, dvd's, an autographed photo of them, a purse, a doona cover, a watch, ps1 games - all for under $150 dollars (I started during the middle of last year). Was very impressed with my haul. She had two of her friends sleep over last Saturday night (what a nightmare - I got no sleep whatsoever cause they talked and laughed all night!!!).

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:38 pm

aw it sounds like she got everything she wanted for her big day :) remember i have all this to look forward to ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Thu May 03, 2007 7:22 pm

It gets harder as they get older believe me. When they are younger you can get them anything - as they get older and get to know brands it gets more expensive (start saving now Kate!!!!!).

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 03, 2007 7:48 pm

jeez i thought id get away with cheap presents. one of her presents last xmas was a box of chunky chalk for $3 and she has had hours of fun with it lol. before i know it ill be spending a fortune on designer surf brands that i cant even afford to buy MYSELF haha.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Mon May 14, 2007 5:13 pm

I know what you mean - I would love to be able to wear a pair of Roxy Hipster Jeans and know that I look good in them - oh well that is a goal for me then hay!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:22 pm

i brought myself a pair of roxy jeans last weekend. its the first time in my life that i have felt comfortable and feel like im not being stared at wearing jeans. im wearing them today with a knitted top.
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 16, 2007 2:34 pm

woo hooo "you go girl" - my bestie used to work in a surf shop and was given incentives in clothing - she has got nearly every Roxy made thing out - doesn't help that she is super skinny with long blond hair - she looks soo good. My daughter thinks that she is a trendy mummy.

Sassygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Emotional Eating