It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:05 am

Free Newsletter

Help…Need to stop the merry-go-round of emotional eating

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Help…Need to stop the merry-go-round of emotional eating

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed May 02, 2007 10:23 am

I have had a difficult 2 weeks and all my good intention and hard work have vaporised into thin air. I'm finding it extremely hard to get my motivation back to where it was.

My eating is all over the place- I have lost my appetite so I'm not eating throughout the day and when I get home from work I have no energy or desire to cook anything healthy or eat anything but I've been forcing my self to eat or it's the complete opposite and all I want to do is shove toast down my mouth as quickly as I can chew. I know this isn't healthy but I can't seem to stop.

So these are my questions:

*How does everyone keep there motivation going when they are facing difficult situations or when you are feeling flat?

*How does everyone but the spark back into your food and fitness regime?

*How do you all stop the binge cycle?

Any tips, suggestions or advice would be helpful.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 02, 2007 12:24 pm

hey jen sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, however remember you can PM if you ever need a chat ;)

i think that all i can can say in answer to your questions is that i sit and do some serious thinking. do i want to be unhealthy? no. do i want to live longer? yes ..will staying off the wagon improve the current situation i am in? no it will make it worse because im not in control. with eating and exercise its one thing in your life you are in control of. you need to eat to live. however there are times in our lives i think where it is forgiven that we have fallen off the wagon for a period of time. sometimes it helps us re evaluate our goals and see where we are at in our lives. no one here will judge you for how long you have been off the wagon and for what ever the reasons are. we are here to support you and remember you can chat to me or us anytime. think of why you want to lose the weight to begin with and how great you feel when you are eating healthy and working out :) oxoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed May 02, 2007 6:37 pm

Hey Kate, you've given me some great advice to maul over. I've gone back and read my personal progress and it's given me a little spark. Trying to getting beyond and place all my focus on weight loss because I and only I have control of it and the situation.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:17 pm

nice work jen. reminding yourself of where you started and how far you have come is definately motivating in itself :) take control :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu May 03, 2007 12:57 am

Hey Jen - not much more I can add to what Kate's posted already.

In regards to the spark - that's really only something that can come from within, much like motivation.

Having that list of goals as to why you want to lose weight is one key thing you can do to have on stand by when you're going through a period of doubt or low motivation.

My main motivation spark when its low is knowing how good I'll feel when I've either lost weight healthily (believe me, I once lost 10kg on a diet of raison toast and chardonnay and it wasn't very good...) or I've gone to that exercise class or gone for a run and feel pumped for doing so.

I'm sorry to hear you're finding yourself in a stressful situation at the moment. If there's anything you can do to reduce the stress, grab it with 2 hands.

We're here for you, Jen :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Kadda » Thu May 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Jen, I had a binge eating day on the weekend and felt terrible. I have lost 18kg and am at my goal weight, but it is still hard to resist the temptations. Then I saw a photo of myself before I lost the weight and realised I don't want to be that person anymore, so the next day, I got up and went for a walk and was back on track again.

I just try to remind myself of how far I have come and how hard I have worked to loose the weight and I never want to go back to when I was unhappy and unhealthy. NEVER!!
Kadda

Return to Emotional Eating