It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:14 am

Free Newsletter

My Emotional Eating

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

My Emotional Eating

Postby seal » Sat May 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Up until February last year, my weight loss was going really good. I had lost about 23 kilos very easily.

Then something happened. I went through a very emotional period. I also had to move out of the house I was living in to where I am now. I was so destatute and upset that I even thought of suicide. I had loved this person so much that what she did to me made me feel that life wasn't worth living.

Now I'm in a very happy and stable relationship and engaged to be married, to a wonderful man who loves me so much. He doen't care what I weigh. He loves me for the person that I am and that makes me so very happy to have found him.

I want to lose weight and I need to lose weight but what happened last year is still with me. I don't seem to have the motivation that I once did to lose this weight. I can't seem to do what I need to to lose the weight. I still get emotional sometimes about what she did to me that Jim justs holds me till I stop crying.

I told Jim last night the reason why I think I can't lose the weight and he agrees.

At present I can see myself getting bigger and bigger.

:(
seal

Postby madeline » Sat May 19, 2007 5:04 pm

aww seal *hugs*

hang in there buddy, as audrey hepburn said, the best remedy for loneliness is to go outside. Go for a walk to clear your head, and you'll be doing your body a favour too!

If you need time to think before you really get into exercise, maybe you can start on your diet... planning what you're going to have for brekkie, lunch and dinner and then going to the fruit shop and supermarket to get it all is actually quite therapeutic hehe.

Hope things get better for you, you know you'll always have your friends on this forum :)

Madz
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby seal » Sat May 19, 2007 5:29 pm

Thanks Madz. Most of the time I'm ok. But then sometimes I'm not.

Jim is so wonderful. he gives me plenty of hugs to get through. If I hadn't meet him when I did, I don't know where I would be now.

I've decided to take it one day at a time and start a food diary. That way I think I might just get on top of it all.

:)
seal

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 19, 2007 7:11 pm

hey there seal. im sorry you have had a rough time in the past :( no fun at all. it sounds like jim is a great guy and you will be happy together for a long time. he sounds supportive and understanding too and when you have had down times in the past it probably didnt help not having that kind of a person there to help.

i agree with maddi- go for a walk. along with your food diary why not plan some exercise too. you are more likely to stick to an exercise plan if you have it in writing.

write down some affirmations and why you want to lose weight and focus on the good not the bad. you have lost the weight before and im sure you can sensibly do it again. its not always about being thin and fitting in this size or that size. its about feeling good inside - feeling healthy, being healthy. its good for your mind and your soul.

we are always here should you need to vent or chat. have lots of healthy snacks in your house so if you do become emotional and turn to food you will be making better choices.
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun May 20, 2007 1:20 pm

You've already received some fantastic advice.

Have you considered getting some counselling? Even though your partner has excelled in being supportive, there are some underlings issues that you need to sort out and talking with an experienced counsellor may help you considerably. It's not good how your ex-friend treated you and resolving those issues will help.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby milkyway » Sun May 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Hugs!

There's nothing really I can add to what the others have already said. Counselling sounds like a great way to go and may be the speediest way to get to a healthier, happier you. I'm not sure, but I think you can get a referral through your GP to see someone and put it through on Medicare, so it doesn't have to be a huge (or any) expense.

We're all here for you :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Emotional Eating