It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:35 am

Free Newsletter

emotional... non-eating =(

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

emotional... non-eating =(

Postby madeline » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:34 pm

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but I just don't know what to do. Sometimes I have days where I'm really down, and it's like a dream world where I don't realise the world is going past, and I just don't want to see anyone, go anyone, do anything... and that includes eating. I'm having one of those days today... I've had a cup of milo this morning, but I just don't feel hungry because I'm so down.

Yeah... I don't know if anyone's going to reply to this but it felt a tiny bit better getting it off my chest.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:50 pm

hey madz of course you can post this mate. i am sorry you are feeling so low at the moment but you will feel better about things soon. some days i just feel like i want to stay in bed but having a baby i have too many things to do and heidi relies on me too much to sloth the day away! eat when your are hungry madz and you should watch a DVD- a comedy! i watched the wedding singer yesterday and it boosted my spirits :)

much love xoxox
p.s. we are always here to chat
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Most certainly welcome to post!! And certainly happy to reply! Feeling down can affect your eating patterns be it more or less food you eat. Either way it's not good for you. Try and get out and do some exercise - it helps. If this is an ongoing thing, try and find out why and if you can do something to change it or go and see you GP for help.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Hey Madz, sorry to hear you're feeling down today. We're all here for you and you can vent as much as you like and write whatever topics you want.

Do something nice for yourself today - you deserve it :).

If the sad days continue, make sure you see someone about it - at least visit your GP.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 pm

I hope you feel better soon too. For me its overeating when I feel down but either one sux, if your not eating your body isnt getting the fuel it needs to pick you up. But i'm sure you will eat when you feel up to it. We are always here for you and you can post for sure. That is why this forum is here to help...
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Re: emotional... non-eating =(

Postby anaturallearner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:32 pm

I comfort eat when I'm down but can relate to what you said about how you feel, and about not eating or doing anything. Mostly because when I get down, really down, I stop doing things I normally love to do, or things that I ought to do (like take my asthma medication daily). It's self-sabotaging negative self talk that does it, and most of the time I'm not even aware of it.

Sometimes I just stay still, really still, cos then I know I am safe. I know that these moods pass - they always have and I've had them all my life. Giving myself permission to feel them, let them 'be', was important for me.

I used to feel guilty all the time (still do a lot of the time) when I'm not 'happy'. Who teaches us that we have to be happy all the time, especially around other people, including family?????

The tip about exercising is spot on - exercising really works to fix mood swings. I find that taking two omega 3 capsules, and a zinc/magnesium tablet a day helps as well.

cheers
Beverley
anaturallearner

Return to Emotional Eating