It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 am

Free Newsletter

Bad week

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bad week

Postby KarinAnn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 pm

Im a big time emotional eater.
I've had a horrible week and want it over already.. so far..
Sunday: My uncle Frank died
Tuesday: My nana died
Wednesday: my dad's birthday
Thursday Dad got taken to hospital by ambulance..

All i want to do now is sit down and eat a whole block of peppermint chocolate.. Im trying to fight the urge to go eat some. but i am so close to jumping in the car and going and buying a block..

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:10 pm

hey karinann

gosh mate you HAVE had a rough week. i am really sorry to hear about your uncle and your nanas passing. thats not very nice at all. and i hope your dad is ok?

you dont need the choccie mate because if you eat it, you will feel worse for it. i have learnt that after gorging myself with junk food i feel worse than before:
1. because i feel sick from eating it- physically full and bleh
2. it doesnt take away those bad/sad/angry/feelings i am having
3. i know it will hurt my weightloss efforts by doing it and then it will add to the horrible feelings again.

how about you grab a bottle of water and head off to bed and read a good book? you will be snug and warm in your jimmy jams and can relax a bit. we are always here mate, you arent alone
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:14 pm

You have had a horried week mate how's your dad is he alright??? My thought's are with you KarinAnne & your family. Take it easy you have had a rough week. If you eat the block of pepermint chocolate you will only end up regreating it. If you cant help wanting chocolate just buy the roll it is harder to find but it is better than eating the whole block.
Chelle

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 pm

You sure have had it bad, but seriously dont run to chocolate. I did this just on tues because i had a major crisis happening and didnt know how to deal with it, so i went for the choc, the whole block and it did nothing for me but add guilt on top all the other emotions, and i doubt you need that right now

I hope that everything is ok with your dad, and im sorry for your losses. You can get through this.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:02 pm

Sorry to read that that you and your family are having such a difficult time. I hope your dad is doing ok but it's not surprising given all the stress you folk must be under. Kate had a good suggestion about going to bed, maybe have some Chamomile tea if you have some. My thoughts are with you KarinAnn.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Oh hun, I will be thinking of you (((HUGS)))
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:48 am

Thank you all for your nice words and replies. I decided that Kate was right. But i needed something sweet so i decided to have a cup of tea with a suger in it. It done the trick, so im glad i didn't go buy the chocolate. I'm so use to it solving everything.

Dad is back home and not well at all. He went to put his shoes on and threw his back out. It's a huge scare when you see your own dad in so much pain. I personally don't think they should have let him out of hospital. When he went to get up at the hospital to leave he broke out in a huge sweat (when it's cold) and got all dizzy. But the hospital here isn't the best so doesn't suprise me.

Now i just have to remember that a cup of tea with a sugar is just as good as a block of chocolate. I'm going to need a couple to get me thru the up coming funerals.

KarinAnn

Postby sassi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:49 am

i'm so sorry for your loss karinann. i hope your dad is better soon.
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:33 am

yep that tea is better than a block of choccie karinann, we are always here if you need a chat mate. thats no good about your dad :? sounds quite serious to me but obviously the hospital doesnt see it that way :(
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:53 am

kate_turner2000 wrote: thats no good about your dad :? sounds quite serious to me but obviously the hospital doesnt see it that way :(

That's Mt Druitt hospital for you!! I wish we never moved over here.

KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 am

errr thats where my dad passed away :( not the best care in the world :(
kate_turner2000

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 am

btw he had a terminal illness and was going to die anyway but you know what i mean
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am

Sorry to hear that Kate :(
Mt Druitt was where they stuffed up on me. So i don't have many kind words to say about the place.

KarinAnn

Postby milkyway » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:15 am

I am so sorry to hear about your losses, KarinAnn - you are having one helluva tough week. But good on you for discovering the joys of a cup of sweet tea :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 pm

KarinAnn wrote:Sorry to hear that Kate :(
Mt Druitt was where they stuffed up on me. So i don't have many kind words to say about the place.

hey kaz what suburb are you in?
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Emotional Eating