It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Bad week

Share and get help to overcome your emotional eating issues here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Shagers Ridge

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby Ally » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:16 pm

Hi Kariann...I definitely think that qualifies as a bad week! Sorry to hear about your uncle and nana's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for the coming weeks ahead...

I sure hope your dad gets better soon.....

It is great to hear that you did not go and pig out on choccie (or anything else for that matter!!) Unfortunately being an emotional eater is one of the hardest things to deal with in times like this....the only thing you can do is instead of heading for the choccie packet take a brief sec to ask yourself what is eating that going to achieve?? I went through some tough times when my mum was in hospital with melanoma cancer and there were plenty of times I just wanted to go home and eat rubbish food, but had to rationally think about what it was going to do to me.....overeating would have only added to my misery, so I did something that I hadn't done before...I dealt with my emotions head on instead of smothering them with food. I realised that I was angry, sad and hurt and learnt of ways to cope with each one....I would cry if I wanted/needed to, I would talk to my hubby and family when I was angry/sad....anything to keep me away from food. I also wrote a mental list of "is this food going to solve my problems" answer NO, it is only going to add to my list of emotions that I am feeling and set me on a spiral of out of control eating......sorry for the ramble, but you are not alone matey....look to your family for support and this forum. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:22 pm

KarinAnn wrote:Shagers Ridge

ah ok then my brother went to shaggers ridge high
kate_turner2000

Postby KarinAnn » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:56 pm

Thanks for that Ally,
I guess i have to learn to do thwe same types of things. I did wake up this morning very happy with myself that i decided to come on here and say how i felt. Read what a few people wrote and decided for the cup of tea instead. While the thought of eating the chocolate at the time would have solved the issue it would have been for only a few minutes then the guilt would have kicked in. Times like this i am glad i found such a supportive group of people who can give me other idea's on what to do..

Kate: how old is your brother? I went to the school too.

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:11 pm

he is 29 this year i think.
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Emotional Eating