It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Free Newsletter

TBL 3 - the official thread :D

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: TBL 3 - the official thread :D

Postby ranger 2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:50 pm

Spoiler do not read if you don't want to know............

Deleted by Admin. If you want to write about Spoilers make a new thread with Spoiler in the title.
ranger 2

Postby matchbox » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:56 pm

i really think you should've made a new post. of course people are going to see it when they go and reply to this thread.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby electrongirl » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 pm

Its not really a spoiler, filming finished for the show in March. So they are all out of the house.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby anthony88 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:51 pm

hey guys who do u think will get eliminated from tonights challenge.. im thinkin michelle with that bottle of fanta??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby chubba momma » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:15 am

i missed last night our cat was hit by a car :( :( :(
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby electrongirl » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:53 am

The Biggest Loser - Episode Sixty
Fri 11 Apr 2008 12:21 PM

It's the end of the Hawaiian sojourn for the last 6 contestants, and although their time in paradise has come to an end, their journey is far from over. They must now take on the infamous Super Challenge - something that will test everything they have learned so far. One thing is for sure, the end of this challenge will leave a lasting mark on all of them.

The contestants make their way to an open field, where Ajay stands waiting to greet them into the Super Challenge. Ajay tells them that they are about to encounter one of the biggest challenges of the competition - a race from the mountains to the sea. This is not a race they want to lose, as whoever comes last will be eliminated. Ajay explains that they will first race on foot over 500 m through the undulating valley, then mountain bike 4 km through gruelling terrain, then kayak around the island off the cost called "Chinaman's Hat" - a total of 3 km - then trek though the jungle before reaching the final test at the end.

At the end of the jungle track there will be six plates, each with a food item on it. Their last task is to choose which food they think has the least amount of calories. Whoever finishes the race holding the food item with the highest number of calories will be eliminated.

They head over to the starting line, each anxious to get started. Ajay calls them to their marks… set…. GO! And they're off with a flurry! This is not a race they can afford to take lightly…

Kirsten says that the one person that'll be the one to watch out for will be Cosi - he's fit, he can ride a bike, he can kayak well, and all the running legs in between will be quite easy for him. Alison remembers telling herself that she cannot come last, that this is the ONE time that she cannot come last. Kirsten's game plan was to stay as close to Cosi as possible.

Coming up to the mountain bike leg it's Cosi in 1st place, then Sam and Kirsten in 2nd and 3rd, with Michelle 4th and Garry and Alison trailing. Cosi decided to take no chances and fly down the track on his bike. Sam was gaining on him and he can't let him get too close. Garry reaches the mountain bikes in 5th place with Alison at the last position. Michelle is hot on Kirsten's tail, and while Kirsten slowed down on the bike trail Michelle saw an opportunity to pass her! Michelle is now in 4th with Kirsten just behind on 5th.

Cosi had given himself a good lead ahead of Sam. Meanwhile Garry was having enormous problems with his bike - he's now hoping that Alison wouldn't pass him. But at that moment Alison speeds around the corner and passes Garry! Garry was now officially coming last.

Cosi hits the water first, but the race is only going to get tougher. The kayak around Chinaman's Hat island is not an easy feat, and Cosi knows that he's going to be in a world of pain soon. Meanwhile desperate not to come last Garry tries to power down the bike trail at full speed. This proves to be a costly mistake as he careers head first into the gravel. The medic arrives to see if he has been injured but Garry just swats him away, yelling that he needs to finish this race! The stakes could not be higher and Garry's frustrations are becoming apparent.

Sam arrives at the kayak dock in 2nd place, with Kirsten trailing close by and Michelle not far behind her. Alison and Garry are still on the bike trail and have now come a hair apart from each other.

Hitting the shore running Cosi says that when his partner and son Harry see the footage of him in the race, he doesn't want them for one second to think he's not giving it 100%. He wants them to think "Wow, look at him - he's giving 110%!" and with that Cosi reaches the plates first.

At this moment Cosi could still go home should he choose the wrong plate. He picks up the tub of yoghurt, with his gut feeling saying that it is the best option. With that he corsses the finish line in 1st place. It's now a difference of 100m or so between Sam, Kirsten and Michelle, with Garry and Alison only just taking to the water. Coming around the island Garry desperately tried to overtake Alison by cutting along the inside - to his regret, as waves punish Garry's haste and tips his kayak over - he couldn't be struggling more in this challenge.

Sam arrives at the plates in 2nd place and picks the chocolate bar and instantly regrets his decision. Kirsten comes up behind him in 3rd place and chooses the baked beans. Michelle comes in at 4th place and chooses the orange soda, which she also immediately regrets choosing immediately.

They all wait at the end of the pier, while Alison comes running in from the jungle to finish at 5th place. She chooses the French fries and makes her way to the end of the pier with the others. Garry follows shortly at last place, and has no choice but to choose the muesli, the last plate. Could this be the end of Garry long and arduous journey in The Biggest Loser?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby electrongirl » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:04 am

Hubby & I sat down after the show and worked out the calories of the items and we got:

yogurt = 80 cal (Cosi) Dammit!!
chocolate = 289 cal (Sam)
Muesli = 242 cal (Garry)
Fries = 256 cal (Alison)
Fanta = 306 cal (Michelle)
Baked beans = 183 cal (Kirsten)

Looks like its Michelle, however the muesli we used was a generic one so that is an estimate.

I'm spewing Cosi got there first and chose the yogurt. That guy just won't leave dammit!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ali76 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:13 am

Nikki - I did exactly the same thing...on Calorie King!! Haha!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby electrongirl » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:23 am

ali76 wrote:Nikki - I did exactly the same thing...on Calorie King!! Haha!

Yep thats what I used too!! hahaha

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Diminishing » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:51 am

LOL, you girls are funny.

I was shouting at the TV to Michelle saying "NO! LEave the Fanta for Garry!"
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby anthony88 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:39 pm

yeah me too.. ahh cant believe she choose the fanta... bet she wishes she took that 50k now.. i really like michelle though
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby Karnak » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:36 pm

To me its the fanta or the museli. It was a big serve and as an entire meal it could easily hit the plus 300cal mark and still be considered healthy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby electrongirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:42 pm

yes I agree about the muesli. I got the cals from a generic muesli but there are a million types out there so here's hoping!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Diminishing » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:09 pm

Its time to cut the lisp, me thinks...........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby electrongirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:40 pm

The Biggest Loser - Episode Sixty-One
Fri 11 Apr 2008 4:40 PM

It is the end of the Super Challenge, which saw the contestants battle it out over a long and gruelling trek on foot, bike and kayak, all over the beautiful Hawaiian terrain. This is a challenge the contestants won't soon forget, as the consequences for coming last are enormous - elimination.

Its deliberation time as Ajay says that whoever holds the food item with the highest number of calories will be sent home. Ajay announces the calorie count from lowest to highest. Yoghurt is first with the least amount of calories, which means Cosi is safe. Baked Beans is next, and so Kirsten is safe, with French fries next keeping Alison safe. Much to Garry's surprise the muesli is next lowest, which leaves Sam or Michelle to go home. Ajay announces that the item with the highest number of calories is the soft drink! Michelle is devastated. She's sad to be leaving, and as the island boat floats slowly towards the dock Michelle bids farewell to the rest of the contestants.
It's now time to leave Hawaii to return to the White House where it'll be game on once again. None of them will ever forget their time on the island paradise, and the lessons they have all learned.

Arriving back to the White House it's time to get back into it - there's a Weigh In looming around the corner and they need to train. Shannan and Michelle run up to the White House anxious to find out who was eliminated after the Super Challenge. They are relived that their ex-Teams have come out unscathed. They fill them in on the Super Challenge. Shannan says that it's evidence that what they do in the White House works, and that the contestants have been listening to everything they have taught them.

The contestants prepare lunch in the kitchen. Shannan says that the success of the Blue Team has been due to their consistency in eating and food preparation. The important thing now is to make sure no one else but Blue Team members prepare their food - you can't trust anyone in the White House, especially not in these last few weeks.

Sam says that the Blue Team had been discussing what they could be doing to make sure no one falls below the Yellow Line. Sam confesses that the other day he saw Cosi make his protein shake made of egg whites, milk and low-fat chocolate topping. Sam then secretly tipped Cosi's chocolate topping down the sink and replaced it with full fat topping, which he poured straight into the old bottle. Sam says that he did it to gain the slightest of advantages… only the slightest…

Its Last Chance training with Shannan for the ex-Blues, and this session was going to be all about sweat. Shannan needs them to make sure they continue the intensity of their training if they have any hope of making it into the final 3. Michelle too, wants to make her ex-Reds work for their place in the Weigh-In, punishing Cosi and Garry on the rowing machines. Garry was training like a man possessed, with a renewed sense of purpose. Cosi on the other hand needed to pull back, and as Michelle says, he's now at an athlete's level. He now needs to pull back and reduce his session - otherwise he'll burn out.

It's time for the Weigh-In now and Ajay says that the contestants have been through a lot over the past week - facing their fears and taking on the Super Challenge. This is the time that counts however, and although they're meant to be playing as individuals, there's a clear division between ex-Blues and ex-Reds. But, its time to get underway and Sam is called up to weigh in first. He steps on the scales and weight in at 103.3 - a loss of 5.5 kg! Ajay asks him if there have been any sneaky play at these late stages of the game and Sam cites Cosi placing cashews on the kitchen bench (which he had been goring himself on!). Cosi cheekily admits to being the mastermind for that little stunt. Ajay asks him Sam has then also resorted to dirty tactics, and Sam sheepishly says yes…

Kirsten is up next and she weighs in at 84.1 kg - a loss of 4.8 kg. Garry is next to weight in and weighs in at a whopping 147 kg - a loss of 8.1 kg! It's a shock to everyone! Everyone is more than a little suspicious. Alison says that it's common knowledge that Garry gained weight last week purely to eliminate Kirsten. Kirsten says that Garry is an extremely good actor for the look of surprise he gave on the scales - he was expecting to lose a large number. Ajay asks Garry if he's heard of any dirty tactics being played in the house. Garry says he hasn't heard of anything except for the cashews, even going as far to say that he has Sam make him a milkshake this morning, and whether or not he put in full cream milk or full fat chocolate topping… well, he's fine to trust Sam with his food…

Alison is next to weigh in, needing at least a 4.5 kg loss to ensure her safety above the Yellow Line. The screen flickers - she weighs in at 83.4 kg - a loss of exactly 4.5 kg. She's now officially safe above the Yellow Line. There's only Cosi left now to weigh in. He steps up on the scales. He needs to lose at least 5 kg to stay above the Yellow Line. Cosi says that he's more nervous getting up on the scales now than when he was 140 kg. He's so close to the end that to go home now would be devastating. The numbers flicker on the scales - 91.5 kg, a loss of only 4.7 kg. He's short by 300 grams! The look on Sam's face is one of absolute shock and guilt. Ajay asks him what could have resulted in his result on the scales and the only thing Cosi could think of was the protein shake he had the other day… made with chocolate topping. Sam feels terrible - he feels it's his fault that Cosi is below the Yellow Line. But now it's both he and Cosi in the firing line as the final 6 contestants head into Elimination…

Image Image
electrongirl

PreviousNext

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser