It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 pm

Free Newsletter

The Biggest Loser 2009.......

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The Biggest Loser 2009.......

Postby Diminishing » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm

I haver no idea if her voice is any good or not: I have no "ear" for music in general, much less opera. But she was so weetched, I felt so sorry for her.......she was like an amplification of how I have felt some days.....
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Shalimar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:25 pm

As an Opera lover I thought she sounded great. I'll go back under my rock now :lol: . Gone.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:59 pm

She's got a great voice. I just couldn't believe that they made her get on the scales last and then made her sing. My husband was saying "its not over until the fat lady sings" and then started running away giggling as fast as he could (as I was getting ready to throw something at him!). I couldn't believe they could do that to her (and then her husband said it!). I know it's ratings. I get there's sponsors and bills to pay but really, there's a line. She's my favourite. Probably because she is the most distressed and needs it the most. I have always maintained that there is a strong link between weight issues (I'm not talking minor ones like being 5-10 kgs overweight - I'm talking obesity) and psychological problems and it just breaks my heart. I don't know why some people seem to cope ok with life's hurdles and others seem to stack on 50 kilos (some also have more hurdles than others I guess).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Alexandra » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Is it just me or has the red team trainer, Michelle, had breast implants over the season break?

Alexandra

Postby milkyway » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Nah, my sister and I reckon she's had implants too...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby mum2james » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:48 pm

OMG I'm a massive fan of TBL. If someone even talks while it's on they get their head bitten off. :lol: :lol:
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby mumnbub » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I have enjoyed watching it in the past but I just get so angry over it now- what they put themselves through is rediculus and unrealistic. To lose close to 10kg in one week is not healthy! I found it insperational last year, now I dont want to know about it. Why cant they have a weight loss show where the people do things right, are tought about healthy eating and the right sort of exercise! I would watch that and be motivated with that- but then again there is no drama in that so the ratings wont be as high
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby Alexandra » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 pm

yes Nick that's very true....

I am addicted to the show also somehow. Its a bit like a train wreck for me, can't turn away but I do get so frustrated with all the repeated stuff. Go to ad break, come back, then have to have the last 3 sentences replayed or watch the same scenes over and over. That is driving me insane and almost making me turn off - I can't stand it. I do like following other peoples success with their weight loss demons and getting as much motivation and ideas as I can :D It's quite motivating though :?:

Alexandra

Postby Fireball » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:50 am

After my comments in support of the show only last week, I must admit - I'm over it.
I agree 10kg loss in 1 week is crazy. And people feeling they haven't done enough when they've lost in the vicinity of 6kg. The show is getting too ridiculous.
It's not about weightloss now. It's about as they put it, "playing the game". I find concepts like the 2 bracelets an annoying distraction. I dont believe them anyway, near the end they are liable to change the rules again. I like to watch how the contestants deal with their emotions and challenges but there is too much wishy washy game playing rule changing for me.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby wheelndeal77 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am

My husband has been a big believer since the first season that the contestants should not be allowed to talk about who they are going to vote for with any other contestant, too much game playing!!! I agree totally...I wish they would change the rules.
I love The Biggest Loser, its one of my favourite shows of all time..but I agree that the game playing and the twists and turns are taking over the reason why these people are there in the first place. The bracelets are a stupid idea.
The walk is stupid.

The American version of the couples shows are so much better, simpler and they are there to do what they came for, lose weight! There is nowhere near as much game playing and twists thrown into the mix as the Aussie show.

Get back to basics Biggest Loser!! It's really hard to concentrate on the motivating aspect of the show when we are all getting constantly frustrated with repetetiveness and ridiculous games!

*sigh* Thats my say. lol

WnD77
xoxo

p.s. maybe we can somehow get this thread sent to the producers of the show?? Let them know how their viewers are feeling, maybe they will change things for next season?
Starting Weight: 96.4kg (when I first joined Weight Loss Forum)
First Goal: 90kg
Ultimate Goal: 67kg
Current Weight: 96.5kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7h8V35/]
[/url]
wheelndeal77

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:00 am

Yep. I think they finally jumped the shark last night when 'The Biggest Loser' suddenly morphed into 'The Amazing Race'. :roll:

And that's after they started off emulated 'Survivor: Desert Island' for a week. I wonder what reality TV show they'll rip off next in a desperate bid to lure back the viewers.

It certainly isn't the must-watch TV show of previous years. So far I've missed two or three episodes and I'm not that fussed. In previous years I'd be glued to the telly every night.

I think they know they're losing viewers each year. So they're trying to add novelty instead of quality to lure the viewers back. The problem is that the viewers are leaving in droves precisely because the show is becoming so contrived. The more game twists they add the more it takes time away from their original focus of weight loss. Seriously, I cannot think of a single piece of weight loss instruction that I've seen this year so far. All I've seen is opera singing, whiny paranoics whingeing about conspiracy theories against them (yes I'm looking at you Holly) and friggin' bracelets. Yep. The whole bloody show revolves around a piece of jewellery now. :roll:

Biggest Loser? Biggest Contrived Piece of Sh** more like it.

Big. Fat. Fail.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:15 am

This season is the first time I have watched, I am no fan of so called "reality" show. While I find it mildly (very mildly) entertaining it certainly isn't must see tv, nor, in my opinion, is it very realistic. I guess I do know where the off switch is :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Karnak » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:20 am

My biggest gripe is that the show is soooo slooowwww. Half the show is spent recaping the show, the other half is interviews of the contestants recapping how they felt.

More fly on the wall and just basic filming would make it a whole lot more watchable. Why don't they just shut up and film them. Let us see the real struggles to give it a bit of realism.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby Gordz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:35 pm

i'm lucky to be able to have a tv that can record it, and honestly, it takes me 10 minutes to watch the episode.

the first 5 minutes is an intro to the show, later to be chronologically repeated.

then the too-long theme song and contestant labelling,

then re-capp of the last show, then the image of shannon and michelle running

then we get something actually happening. *insert scripted expressions* *insert unnecessary interview*

ad break

recap of what happened before the add break

something happening *insert scripted expressions* *insert unnecessary interview*

ad break

Recap of what happened before the add break

then we have to tune in the next day to see the outcome of that nights show!

it's so pathetic. i doubt i'll follow it this year. A shame, i was looking forward to it too.

oh, and I HATE holly... she's a moany gropey self absorbed beeyatchhhh... but mels a cutie ^_^ go mel =)
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Gordz wrote:oh, and I HATE holly... she's a moany gropey self absorbed beeyatchhhh...

You could almost make a drinking game around her. You have to have a shot every time:

• She whines
  • She claims someone's out to get her
  • She pouts
  • She's a b1tch to her sister
  • She spins something positive into a negative
  • She is inconsiderate
  • She in unappreciative
  • Two shots for every time you have an overwhelming urge to punch her in the face.

I'd be plastered ten minutes into the show! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser