It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Free Newsletter

Biggest Loser at Fernwood!

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

Biggest Loser at Fernwood!

Postby Simmy » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Well as I arrived at the gym (fernwood) today I noticed 'Biggest Loser' Posters everywhere. I asked the girl what it was all about and she said Fenwood is the sponsoring gym this year. I also found out that they are running there own Biggest Loser competition at the gym - how exciting! It will cost money to enter (not sure how much yet) but you will get put into a team and each week will attend personal training group sessions and a slimplicity meeting (where they weigh, measure and discuss nutrition with you). Instead of using weight lost they use cm's lost. You get points for certain things (such as training, group fitness classes, for each cm lost and so on). Im really considering joining (although it depends on how much it costs on top of memebrship). I think it would be so motivating and something once you've signed up for you HAVE to do - can't let down team members. There is a trainer at my gym that reminds me of Jillian to. She's really nice to chat to, but as a trainer she can be MEAN (once she had me boxing and I felt dizzy and wanted to sit down but she kept pushing me, I didn't even have time to get to the bathroom before I was sick - thankgod I had a nice thick workout towel) Anyway that's beside the point, she told me today her team is called 'who moved my cheese' LOL. From what I understand as well you dont have to be a fernwood member to participate, you can join the program for the 12 weeks. Sorry about this super long post but I'm kind of excited.
Simmy

Postby slimmindown » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 pm

that sounds really good Simmy, keep us informed with the cost and any other info you get. would certainly be very motivating 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:40 pm

wow how motivating simmy :) cant wait to hear how it goes !!

p.s. love the team name!
kate_turner2000

Postby dancer » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 pm

That sounds awesome simmy! I might check my local Fernwood to see if they are doing it to.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby Ally » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:47 pm

That sounds great Simmy, let us know if you are going to participate and keep us updated on your (and your teams)progress for sure!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby dancer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:41 am

I found this on their web site -

http://www.fernwoodfitness.com.au/Motiv ... Loser.aspx

sounds good huh!

[/url]
dancer

Postby dancer » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:49 am

I just rang them and unfortunately you have to be a member to participate in the challenge.

Bummer!

I can't justify joining when I have a free gym at work, free access to the army barracks and a mini gym at home.

Oh well!!!!!!!

We should start a mini challenge on here maybe?

[/url]
dancer

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Hey Dancer, thats strange they said you have to be a meber, I swear the sign at mine said you can sign up for the 12 wks even if your not. u just have to pay extra. I haven't heard back yet - may give them a call tomo - or even better Ill go in and ask (then Ill have to stay for a workout).
Simmy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:26 pm

That would be pretty fun to participate in.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Simmy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:27 pm

I knew I read correctly - just found this on their site under terms and conditions
#
"The Biggest Loser Challenge is a 12 week program including 1x Fernwood Personal Training session (1/2 hour) per week and 1x Slimplicity Weight Management session per week, valid to the following memberships:

Any new or existing 12 month membership can be upgraded to include The Biggest Loser Challenge.
o
Additional charges may be applicable.
o
Up until 28th February 2007, the standard joining fee of $165 will be waived on any new 12 month membership.
o
Joining fees are not applicable to existing 12 month members upgrading to the Biggest Loser Challenge.
A 12-week Biggest Loser Challenge membership.
o
Joining Fee of $165 will apply.
o
10% premium above comparative 12 month membership rate will apply."

So that still doesn't give the total cost, but I think your local fernwood misadvised you?! Unless they have heaps of members wanting to do it.
Simmy

Postby dancer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:58 am

Simmy wrote:I knew I read correctly - just found this on their site under terms and conditions
#
"The Biggest Loser Challenge is a 12 week program including 1x Fernwood Personal Training session (1/2 hour) per week and 1x Slimplicity Weight Management session per week, valid to the following memberships:

Any new or existing 12 month membership can be upgraded to include The Biggest Loser Challenge.
o
Additional charges may be applicable.
o
Up until 28th February 2007, the standard joining fee of $165 will be waived on any new 12 month membership.
o
Joining fees are not applicable to existing 12 month members upgrading to the Biggest Loser Challenge.
o
o
10% premium above comparative 12 month membership rate will apply."

So that still doesn't give the total cost, but I think your local fernwood misadvised you?! Unless they have heaps of members wanting to do it.

Sorry simmy, but still reads to me like you have to take out a 12 month membership to participate, therefore you have to be a member.

I didn't mean you had to be an existing member, but I was told you had to join up as a member to participate.

I was just hoping to go for the 12 weeks only.

[/url]
dancer

Postby dancer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:01 am

Simmy wrote: *
o
o
10% premium above comparative 12 month membership rate will apply."[/size]

Oh hang on, does that bit mean you don't need the 12 months membership?

I think I'll ring again and try to clarify?

[/url]
dancer

Postby Simmy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:59 pm

Sorry Dancer-ive been camping! But that's what I understood from it, it just means a a 12wk member you have to pay a joining fee (atm new members get the joining fee waived this month). If I remember tomo ill ask, unless you already have?
Simmy

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser