It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Free Newsletter

First Weigh In

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

First Weigh In

Postby Sassygirl » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:18 pm

I still cannot believe the amount of kilos these guys are losing in a week.

Predictions on which one of the Red Team that will go?

I think it may be Patti. What do you all think?
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:49 am

definately alex!

with the amount of training they do each day no wonder theyre shedding the kilos. i thought that only damien on the blue team was the only one who said nice things about the red team amd meant it (during the weigh in). jules said some things as well but it didnt seem heartfelt to me. they need to remember that even though theyre on teams at the moment, they need to be supportive of everyone as whole. theyre all in the same predicament and further along down the track there wont be teams remember!
kate_turner2000

Postby tree » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:23 am

I agree Kate, they need to support each other and work together so they all succeed, because the producers have mixed the teams up in the past its a sure thing they will do it again this series.

Mind you I am always a bit sceptical about how they cut the footage, you dont know what you dont see - they may just be editing so we only see the bad stuff.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby Jisgone » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 am

its frustrating that they can lose in 1 weeks what it takes me months to lose! but i guess my weightloss doesnt control my life, like it is doing to them in the house, i dont think i have the attention span to work out 5 hours a day :P
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 am

jewles you are right about some peopels lives centreing (sp?) around their weightloss. they LIVE for weigh in day. i have enough stress in my life to be worrying about how much weight im going to lose each week haha. hope your hand is feeling better now??
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:25 am

its getting better, ive had 5 days off the gym so im going to go back today and see what i can do :) i dont expect a good loss this week ide be happy not to gain!
Jisgone

Postby Simmy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:47 am

Im so annoyed. Went out for dinner last night and forgot to record it! GRRRR.. I tried looking up BL website to see if they posted individual weight loss but couldn't seem to find it. Hope they recap tonight. (Normally I hate the continual recap I just want to get on with watching the show)
Simmy

Postby Pinkie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:22 pm

I heard on the radio this morning that someone else has quit due to getting a blood clot in their leg :shock: They didn't say who it was, but they are warning everyone of the effects a hard and fast exercise and weightloss routine can do to people who haven't been active. It's a worry!
Pinkie xx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBH58xg/]
[/url]
Pinkie

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:15 pm

Twas Sam who had to quit due to health probs .

I have to say that courtney sounds very superficial in himself (just my point of veiw) Good on Sam and Aex for losing 20+ . I too think of how realistic would it be for people to do 5 hours + 7 days a week in a gym . I cant fit in enough now let alone and extra 2+3 hours in a gym each day
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:14 pm

Jewles wrote:its frustrating that they can lose in 1 weeks what it takes me months to lose! but i guess my weightloss doesnt control my life, like it is doing to them in the house, i dont think i have the attention span to work out 5 hours a day :P

We would be able to do it but unlike them we have our normal lives to attend to as well. Whereas they are in the house with all outside interference blocked.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 am

I was really annoyed that they got rid of Alex! Those 3 people (courtney pati and munalita) said exactly the same thing as each other....you couldn't half tell they ganged up together....i can't stand courtney and I just sat there a laughed when Jillian gave him what for....he deserved it and I hope he goes next out of the red team! Alex may have been a bit slower, but courtney kept walking out at workout time......who does he think he is to be slagging off at someone else when he himself can't keep up the pace!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:21 am

OH and I am really proud that Alex has gone and lost 28kg since leaving the show!! He looks so different and is a lot happier....you can really see the difference, he is starting to get a neck now and he is jogging!!

It was sad that Sam had to go....she didn't quit, but had to leave as the doctors wouldn't clear her to re-enter the show...you can't muck around with DVT it can kill you!! However she has gone on to lose 20kg since leaving the show and she looks great!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:31 am

I was SO MAD when they voted Alex off but MY GOD!! he has done so good on the outside!! Good on him! He looks fantastic!

And Sam!! She is gorgeous!! She has done so well too!! Can't wait to see them on the final show!!

I really REALLY hate Courtney! He is so coniving (sp?). And how dare Munnalita say that Alex doesn't deserve to be there as much as she does!!

Anyway I am more for the Blue team now. The only one in the Red team I like is Marty and maybe Greg.

GO JULES!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby 13words » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:03 am

I've never seen the show?! How much do they lose in a week???????? :shock:
SW: 126.4
CW: 103s
1st GW: 99.9
13words

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:34 am

between about 3kg - 8kg.

But they train all day everyday and have professionals looking after them 24/7.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser