It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

my little vent about the biggest loser

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

my little vent about the biggest loser

Postby milo » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:26 pm

I am sorry but I am absolutly furious that Mel is on the show. Ok so she is not the smallest person but my gosh she does not need to be on the show. She looks great and I dont think she looks 100kg at all. Infact I think I look alot bigger then her and I am 80kg.

It just upsets me thinking that a small girl like that can be be on the show when there are bigger ppl who tried out and didnt get on.

If she dieted for a month or two she would look great
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Kerrie28 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:52 pm

I totally agree with you. I've been ranting to my husband about it since the show started. It's like they were looking for another Fiona replacement (although to be fair she was a lot bigger than Mel). It drives me mental as well that people who are a lot bigger and probably needed more help aren't selected as contestants. Maybe that's why they put her on, to create controversy. I was wondering if I was the only one who felt that way!!! I wish her well in her weight loss but I do believe that there are more deserving and needy contestants out there.

Keep on smiling.

Kerrie
Keep on smiling,

Kerrie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYQsA0H/]
[/url]
Kerrie28

Postby Vegetable » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:01 pm

I guess the point is that they want to show weightloss from all different sizes, types, sexes of people??? I suppose if they only did people 130+ for example, then people could say, well they are only losing so fast because they are so big (a few ppl I know have already made this comment) the fact that they have people smaller shows that what they are doing is working for people of all sizes. The other thing you have to remember is that compared to some of the other contestants (130kgs, 150 kgs, 170kgs, 200kgs) she IS small. In reality, weighing 100kgs can make you the BIGGEST in the crowd. I think its a good thing that they have "smaller" people too. I think she deserves to be there as much as anyone else does.
I do agree though that she looks great and no way does she look 100kgs. She now weighs only a few kgs more than me, and I think I look at least twice her size...... sigh :shock: lol Different weights look different on different people..... maybe she's REALLY tall??? :P lol j/k
Vegetable

Re: my little vent about the biggest loser

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 pm

milo wrote:I am sorry but I am absolutly furious that Mel is on the show. Ok so she is not the smallest person but my gosh she does not need to be on the show. She looks great and I dont think she looks 100kg at all. Infact I think I look alot bigger then her and I am 80kg.

It doesn't matter about what they look like on the outside, its how they feel on the inside. She wants to lose weight and she got on the show. I'm happy for her.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Simmy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:11 pm

I agree with Vegetable. I don't think she's any less deserving than the other contestants. The house is not just about losing the weight, but giving people the right tools in life to do so. Someone that's smaller can have just as many problems, not knowing what those tools are. (Does that make sense?) Also if she wasn't given help she may be the same size as them in yrs to come. That's my 2 cents anyway!
Simmy

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 am

I say good luck to her!! Look at sarah she was 155kg and had the perfect opportunity, but walked out!!! I find that that is more of a slap in the face to other people who missed out. I agree that Mel should be there as 107kg is still a lot of weight to be carrying around. I think she has just as much a place in the show as Damien! The reason she looks so good is that she is quite tall.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:35 am

See I can see it from her point of view because I feel like people see me in that way.

I weighed 90kg at one point but had so many people saying that I didn't need to lose weight, and why was I going to Weight watchers.

But I am only 5'4 and my BMI was 37. Which is obese. I was also a size 18.

So looks can be deceiving when it comes to weight. Some people carry it better than others but its all a strain on your body no matter how good you look.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:00 am

I have to agree with Nikki, looks can be deceiving. Maybe Mel does carry her weight well. No matter how much she has to lose, as long as she is there for the right reasons, we all have to applaud her courage.
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:57 pm

electrongirl wrote:See I can see it from her point of view because I feel like people see me in that way.

I weighed 90kg at one point but had so many people saying that I didn't need to lose weight, and why was I going to Weight watchers.

But I am only 5'4 and my BMI was 37. Which is obese. I was also a size 18.

So looks can be deceiving when it comes to weight. Some people carry it better than others but its all a strain on your body no matter how good you look.

Exactly. ;)
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Livy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:19 pm

This is a tough topic fullstop.

I often get really pissed off, when some skinny minnie size 10 friend will say to me "ohhhh, I am SOOOO fat at the moment, I really need to lose a couple of kilos!!!", when they know that I am 30kgs overweight.
I acutally blew my stack one day, and told my friend just how totally insensitive she was being saying that to me. She replied that we are all blazing our own trail. For me, I am overweight, and I need to lose 30kgs. She needs to lose 5. Just because I am 25kgs bigger than her, doesn't make her feel any less fat than she feels. I kind of get it.
Mel will find it tougher down the track, as she has alot less weight to lose than everyone else.
As for Sarah, what a selfish, whining, whinging, self centred pain in the ass that thing was. My God, how embarrassing to behave like that on TV. And to think she took a more deserving person's spot.
As Jillian said "If she wants to go, let her go." What a total waste of time she was. :x
Livy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:34 pm

hey livy i know where u are coming from. sometimes i see people who are 70kg and thats where i am at now and i feel happy at but they will say how fat and embarrassed they are. i think each person needs to just get to a place where they feel hapy inside and out but sometimes i wish people would think before they say anything. to me 70kg is fine but its probably not to other people.
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:42 pm

Bravo Kate :!: Well said :!: Couldn't agree with you more.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:05 pm

I agree Judy, well said Kate!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser