It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

Finale....

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 pm

btw can you imagine if we all won $200,000 for losing our weight? what would you do with the money?!! i think its a wonderful bonus- your health and self esteem and all that is the biggest prize of all the money would be awesome though
kate_turner2000

Postby Alrischa » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:33 am

CONGRATULATIONS to Chris... for not passing out on national TV! He looked like he's been on a diet of lettuce and laxatives, and maybe some diuretics the last few days! His shoulder bones were almost sticking out and his skin looked pale and pasty. Anorexia Posterboy. Starve yourself and win $200,000. What sort of message is that?! :?

Marty had Muscle. You could see his pecs beneath his shirt, and everything about his stature said "I am strong". He may have been eliminated twice, but he deserved to win much more than Chris did.

I felt a bit sorry for some of the ones who "only" lost 28 kilos or something! What an effort!! I mean, it was in the space of 12 weeks or something, wasn't it? And yet, compared to the others, it was as though they failed to put in the effort... I could never keep up a 2-kilo-per-week weight loss Ü

My hubby and I thought Mel looked the best of the girls (he likes girls with muscle). I think Marty was the "most improved" guy. I am glad that both he and Pati won some money, too.[/b]

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby Alrischa » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:43 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:btw can you imagine if we all won $200,000 for losing our weight? what would you do with the money?!! i think its a wonderful bonus- your health and self esteem and all that is the biggest prize of all the money would be awesome though

Now there's a great idea... the government could do something like that as a health incentive :lol: Imagine how much they would save on their health care budget! hehe.

Well, maybe not $200,000. Maybe they could give everyone who is within their normal BMI a 10% tax cut or something Ü

Once my mortgage was paid (and assuming that I could keep my hubby from investing it all) I'd get myself new and expensive clothes. Seems like a simple thing, but I've never spent lots of money on nice clothes... either I didn't have the money or I didn't have the figure. Now we're on one wage, I'm trying to save my bit of spending money so I'll be able to go clothes shopping when I can fit into the nice stuff.

I'd have to buy jewellery to go with the clothes, naturally, and shoes... and a car :lol: ...gotta have the accessories!!

~ Alrischa
Alrischa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:24 am

haha i agree with about marty. when he came out i said to mick 'wow it looks like he has a 6 pack sticking out through that shirt'. he looked totally hot.

the series this year went for 16 weeks on air and i think 6 weeks off air (when the contestants were out of the house). thats still pretty good to lose 28kg in that amount of time.

hmmm $200,000... i would pay off micks loan, buy myself a decent car and go on a holiday :) but i think if i went through something like the biggest loser i would want to give some money back to something.. remember how wal donated money to the burns unit at the childrens hospital last year?
kate_turner2000

Postby mrs c » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 am

I was so p*ssed of that Chris one - I think for somone over 6 feet tall weighing 79 kilos is not good. He looked like an old man in his faces because he was so gaunt. I think it sucks that he won, but you know what - in the end he was the only one who cared about winning the money, so good on him. Hope it makes him happy and fulfilled.

Munnalita looked GORGEOUS - I want that dress, although I think they were all a bit over-fake-tanned!

As for Michelle ... she looked nice but is she a man from the neck down? She had pecks, not cleavage!!!
mrs c

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:21 am

hehe i know what you mean mrs c. i have a friend who enters body building competitions and when she is in training she is so pretty in the face but is like a G I Joe from the neck down haha

i can understand that chris trained hard - good on him, but i think his eating is less to be desired and on that front i dont think he was a great role model for winning. however its a competition and its tv- the people who the public want to win never do- look at big brother- thats gotta be rigged! LOL once again i will bring back that i think they should have focused more on nutrition during the show as an equal to the training
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:37 am

I am pretty upset that Chris won. He obviously wasn't losing weight the healthy way, yet he was still able to win. What kind of message is this show trying to convey?

Also I thought Munnalita looked fantastic. The green dress suited her so well, not something I could say about a few of the others!! hehe

Marty was awesome and should have won. He looked healthy and happy and he is just the best!!

All the others have done so well, especially Mel, Damo & Jules.

I liked Damo singing!! Shannon Noll drives me insane!!

And hopefully with the $200 000 Chris can buy himself a personality and some social skills.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Vegetable » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:47 am

And hopefully with the $200 000 Chris can buy himself a personality and some social skills

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Soooooo true! :D
Hmmm what would I do with $200,000? I would buy a house..... (a cheapy out in the country...:D) buy myself a new 'slimmer' wardrobe and my son an outdoor playground.....
Vegetable

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:41 am

STUNNAWHINGER!!! Oh my God, she looked fantastic. I think that she was the only girl that was actually dressed to suit her new figure. Patti, although she has lost over 40kg's, her dress was not suited to her figure. Laura - I HATED HER DRESS - I could not see a difference in her at all. Michael looked TOOO SKINNY, Kimberlie was by far the prettiest there, Damo was OK, I hated what Chris wore (it was as if they were trying to hide his emancipated figure), Marty ROCKED! Jules, looked great and Sam also looked great. But what was the deal with Bob and Jillian - I was shocked that they did not play an active part in the finale.

Oh well - now it is back to normal life again (but I am getting sucked into BB at the moment - hehehehe)
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:08 pm

i thought that munnawhinger looked like mr squiggle personally. the only thing i liked were her diamonte shoes! haha. you could tell they had a lot of make up on because alex's and pati's blemishes weren't as noticable. i think sam and kelly shouldnt have worn the dresses that they did. their backs looked awful.

but thats enough for this year i think, back to bb which by the way i cant stand any of the girls on that show!! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby gea » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:21 pm

Some of you girls are harsh!

They all looked great, yes some did lose more than others but they still lost.

They have all done a great job, everyone here knows how hard it is to lose kilos, wether it be 5 or 100.

I also liked how Damien sang, he looked so happy up there and proud.
gea

Postby Donk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:22 pm

Why do they not weigh in with the same sort of clothing they did at the start? Is it to hide the loose skin? The guys weren't wearing a t-shirt at the start and now in the final they were. Is it just a show thing.

And I agree on Chris, my gf and I were very much willing Marty to win, right down to the finish Chris was going on about "the game" where Marty's comments were more directed at being fit and healthy. Chris seemed to be there only to win the money and did just that.
Donk

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:22 pm

LOL i know i am harsh but being a member of the public watching free to air tv i am allowed to be :) i know how hard it is to lose weight and i think that theyre all winners in regards to their weight loss but it doesnt mean i have to like them or their singing voices!
kate_turner2000

Postby Vegetable » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:52 pm

I dont mind Alysha or Emma, Kate :) Cant stand Rebecca, TJ or Kate.... I hope Rebecca is the first to go, so annoying!
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:55 pm

nah emma was sitting there saying she wasnt a nerd and how she wants to get rid of the nerds and blah blah. she can take her boob job and stick it! haha.

i agree donk, i said to mick that i wouldnt want to see them in their underwear like they showed at that start of the show in the footage of them at home before they started the show. i dont even look good in my undies *shudder*
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser