It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Do our own - Biggest Loser

Discuss the hit TV show Australia's Biggest Loser here.

Moderator: Moderators

Do our own - Biggest Loser

Postby champagneparty » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:57 pm

Hi

I have an idea, which I think would motivate me. Let me know if it would motivate you too.

I am looking for 10 people of a similar weight, or fat percentage etc etc to start our own Biggest Loser contest. Here is how it would work.

Each person puts in between $500 - $1000 (TBC). After 12 weeks who ever has lost the most weight/ fat percentage (TBC) gets all of the money.

It could run at different levels - so weight ranges and fat percentage ranges are not unfair.

I am 90 KG, 5ft 10in tall and only need to lose 10KG's. So I wouldnt want to be competing with a %ft 10 guy/girl who was 120kg.s

What do people think in principal?
Looking for people to join a weight loss challenge - the winner takes all.
champagneparty

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:52 pm

I think it's terrible!!! Doing it for money? Totally goes against the principles of this board. We are all here to help, support, educate and encourage each other and we don't need to pay out big dollars to a total board newb for motivation, and if we had the cash, it would be better spent on exercise gear or personal training etc. for better results :P

Coming from a member with only one post, I can only assume you are trying to scam people and if not and you are genuinely want to join our community, I will offer an apology once you reach 100 posts ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:45 pm

LOL FUNNIEST THING IVE READ IN AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hahahahahaha!!!! What a wank! :D (lol sorry if ur serious, but I have to agree with milkyway's post) :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:43 am

i know a couple of gyms are doing this sort of thing which is great but i dont think i could afford it and wouldnt want to give my money to people i dont know anyway. but best wishes for it. maybe it something you can initiate between your family members?
kate_turner2000

I was serious.. you lot are no support or fun!

Postby champagneparty » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.... i think. I am absolutely gutted about the responses. I thought this site was about supporting people and helping them lose weight. Different people have different motivators, and if it was as simple as a little encouragement i would be built like brad pitt.... i am however motivated not by making money but by not losing it -- especially to strangers. Hence why it would work! I am certainly not a scammer, and milkyway i think you are a very rude and ignorant person suggesting such a thing. Ha ha - no i do not really take it all that seriously... Just thought it was a good idea.
Looking for people to join a weight loss challenge - the winner takes all.
champagneparty

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:58 pm

thats fair enough :) as i said in my post i know a few gyms are doing things like that but i personally wouldnt be involved because i dont have the money and dont know anyone well enough to give the money to lol. but i hope you do well with your weightloss :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Sorry if we offended...certainly didnt mean to...but you must admit that it looks a little suss when someone who has never posted before comes on and asks people to put $500-$1000 into a pot....fair enough if we had know u for a while, but u know?
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:41 pm

I woulnd't even want to put that amout of money in to loss weight. Every one on here are very supportive, even though your intention are good, it does look suss that your offering 10 people to put there hand in there pocket for a rediculas price to motivate them selves to loss weight in a contest for somone that has never posted before. Sorry if you are affended but that the way I'm thinking.
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:06 pm

come to think of it...i cant remember EVER in my entire life having a spare $1000 (or $1000 at all!) lying around.... :shock:
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:41 pm

yeah if anyone wants to send me some money for a new car i would be very grateful :) PM me for my address :P... im cyril!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:Sorry if we offended...certainly didnt mean to...but you must admit that it looks a little suss when someone who has never posted before comes on and asks people to put $500-$1000 into a pot....fair enough if we had know u for a while, but u know?

what she said 8)

may I sugges you check this out this forum as a starting point and tell us your story

http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

I think we've just gotten off on the wrong foot. But hang around (and i hope you do) and you'll see that we really are a pretty good bunch :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KarinAnn » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:15 pm

Hey champagneparty,
I wasn't going to say anything, cuz I’m shy (lol). While I am sure you feel gutted by some of the people's responses, you need to remember about Internet scams. They come in all shapes and forms and are willing to con anybody in any situation. They are around HEAPS and im sure you have heard of a lot of them.
Money incentives are always a great way to get people to do things, but that's far from what this forum is about (well so I have seen). It's about having a crap day and having people pick you up. It's about ideas and suggestions and having fun around people who are in the same situation. Basically moral support.. But if we start bringing money into it, people who have lack of funds are going to feel left out.
You came out of nowhere and started talking about money and not little amounts. So you have to see why people would go "Hello scam". You wrote "I am however motivated not by making money but by not losing it -- especially to strangers" Note the strangers part!! I personally didn't see milkways response rude, I found it to be the typical response someone would get if they were talking about taking our money.
Put yourself in our shoes, if someone had said what you had said here who you had never even said a hello to would you do it? I doubt that you would.
If we started bringing money into this I could say "Hey you give me $500 and I can give you a GREAT way to lose weight" Then give you a few bottles of water.

Personally I think weight loss is something you have to want to do for your own personal gain not for the gain of money. While having the extra cash in your pocket would be a bonus it’s not something you would keep off unless someone was going to keep offering up the idea.

Money aside I hope you find this forum a nice place to visit as most of us do. I hope you read thru the forum and pick up some great tips along the way.

This message is in no way meant to offend you or anyone else. I wrote it in the hope you see where everyone is coming from. A hope you can see that there is other ways to lose weight and that this place has the tips to try and help you.

**I can and WILL do this**
KarinAnn

Postby lng86 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:41 pm

KarinAnn, I could not of said it better myself!!! Spot on!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby CrimsonThunder » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:09 pm

If it was $10 bucks I'd be ok with it, however you just cant believe anyone, someone could easily lie.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Chelle » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:39 pm

Very true
Chelle

Next

Return to Australia's Biggest Loser