It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Hobbies, interests, etc

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Hobbies, interests, etc

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:32 pm

Whats something you like to do?

I myself am a self confessed IT nerd.

I love studying web design, HTML and I also have built my last 2 PCs and upgraded my hubbies.

After working for iiNet for a while I learnt so much about the internet and all the technical stuff regarding email and servers and IP addresses and junk.

I love all this stuff, but its funny because I work in Accounts!!!

Maybe I should go to school and do IT..... maybe I'm too old..

What are your interests and have you ever thought about pursuing them more?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:27 pm

As weird as it sounds, ive always wanted to do a massage course, but im pretty sure i cant make the same money i can now! And ive got mortgage payments and blah blah to deal with!! But i always think about working on a resort island or something!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:29 pm

shelbel wrote:As weird as it sounds, ive always wanted to do a massage course, but im pretty sure i cant make the same money i can now! And ive got mortgage payments and blah blah to deal with!! But i always think about working on a resort island or something!

I always wanted to learn massage too!!

Wish my hubby would! I keep suggesting it.....
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby shelbel » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:33 pm

yeah my partner is always VERY encouaging of the idea!! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:38 pm

my hubby doesn't like massages... Maybe its because I like really hard ones and thats what I tend to give back... and he's a wuss!! hahahaha

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:55 am

I want to do a massage course with my boyfriend - mostly so he can give me massages though, I'm kinda selfish :P

Other hobbies? I dunno. Watching TV, playing on the internet... playing video games... uh. Drinking, eating. Is studying a hobby?
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:59 am

hmmm hobbies

well i buy take 5 mag each week and like to do the puzzles in them. i like scrapping and card making but rarely get a chance to do it with a little one running around. by the time she is in bed of a day thats my time to do my exercise and then at night time when she is in bed im cleaning up after dinner and tidying up a couple of things and MIGHT get a chance to pop online or watch some telly. just completed all my xmas cards- made them from scratch this year. i like being on this forum and chatting to people and catching up with friends both online and off. i love dvds and movies, i could watch them all day especially if i am home alone which never happens lol. i always wanted to be a film critic growing up but didnt take the right path in life unfortunately. but i can always criticise in my head!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:23 pm

uuum I LOVE to read :D So I read all the time :) I adore cooking so Im always in the kitchen :) I am SO proud of myself, on Friday I enrolled to go to the local adult education center and do my VCE next year :D ( I left school in year 10, went from part time to full time at safeway for about 6 months then fell pregnant with connor, and Ive always regretted not doing year 11 and 12) Im soooo proud of myself...Im kinda scared too but it will be good to meet some new people, and they have onsite childcare, ,so connor will have some kids to play with and kinder next year :) You can pick your classes and its 3 half days a week over 2 years :) Im so excited! hehe
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:24 pm

ooh Kate yeah I love movies too :D
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 pm

thats awesome news gracie, well done!! i always think its really brave when people bite the bullet and go back to school.. but its something that you will be SO glad you did.. and so proud!! well done :D
Mandie

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:uuum I LOVE to read :D So I read all the time :) I adore cooking so Im always in the kitchen :) I am SO proud of myself, on Friday I enrolled to go to the local adult education center and do my VCE next year :D ( I left school in year 10, went from part time to full time at safeway for about 6 months then fell pregnant with connor, and Ive always regretted not doing year 11 and 12) Im soooo proud of myself...Im kinda scared too but it will be good to meet some new people, and they have onsite childcare, ,so connor will have some kids to play with and kinder next year :) You can pick your classes and its 3 half days a week over 2 years :) Im so excited! hehe

WOW!!! That is SO cool!!!!!!!!! You're going to do AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Here's a present: http://www.boredofstudies.org

It's a student community, mainly focused on HSC but with a growing section on VCE. Anything you don't understand, anything you need help with, post it there, and everyone else will try and help you out. :) It's a really good resource! Slow to load though, I think their servers need upgrading. :)

GOOD LUCK!!!
rivenriver

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:24 pm

I'm a theatre nut, and I love films. I've been involved with amateur theatre since I was about 10, and I am GOING to make it my life. :) I'm gonna be an actress, you wait and see! Either that, or a film editor. :)
rivenriver

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:26 pm

I got into Amatuer theatre when Ashley was little mainly to meet people and it was so much fun!! But then I moved away and never pursued it again.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:03 pm

hey gracie well done for biting the bullet. you should be proud of yourself :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:23 pm

thanks everyone :D I am proud :) But also pretty scared too...not only because I havent studied in nearly 6 years, but Im concerned that their may be young ppl in the class.....*sigh* sounds dumb (especially sinceI know it is an 'adult'learning center) but all those high school memories of 'wide load' and 'hey fat a$$' are coming to mind :shock: I know generally people are accepting of ppl....but yeah Im just concerned about that possibility...which is why I want to lose as much weight as I can before then (feb) to feel a little less self concious :( I dont drive either so it means Ill have to catch a train to get there, so some concerns there too! :shock: ahh well hopefully it will be ok!
Playboy_bunny

Next

Return to Just Chatting