It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Warning Re Drink Spiking

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Warning Re Drink Spiking

Postby Lolly » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:07 pm

As any of you who have been to the confessional probably realise, I was out partaking in a bit of alcohol on Friday night.

What I didn't say in there was what happened to Bob.

He was fine most of the night then about 20 mins before we left he got a bit "offish" and then as we walked out of the pub he collapsed and was out of it completely.

Anyhow they called an ambulance, took him to hospital and into emergency. The doctors couldn't raise him and kept asking me how much he had to drink and if he had taken any drugs (I pointed out at this stage that Bob doesn't do drugs and had drunk less than me the whole night.............. I was a bit overly merry).

Well they took blood etc and he stayed the night there.

Yesterday the hospital rang him to say that they are sure his drink was spiked - his blood alcohol level was only .1 (they told him to be in the state he was they would have expected it to be around .25). The fact that he awoke at 4.30am with an absolutely clear head and not much recollection of what happened tells us it was definitely not alcohol. He can remember the ambos rubbing his chest to try and get a response and it hurt like hell but he couldn't talk or move to stop them.

Just a waring people, Bob is really quite careful and doesn't recall leaving his drink unattended at all that night and somebody has managed to slip something in there without him noticing. We were out in a big group of friends and our table was NEVER left unattended BUT it only takes one lapse in concentration for somebody to do this to you.

It is the silly season coming up and would hate for anyone else to have this happen to them.

On a side note, Bob is just fine now and is not giving up beer :roll:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:40 pm

errghhh...scary. My sis thinks she had her drink spiked too a while ago. Not to that extent but she felt drunker than she should have and had a headache and felt funny for a good few days
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:45 pm

I collapsed at a night club when I was 19 after having 1/2 a drink.

The bouncers tried to throw me out because they thought I was trashed. It took ages for my boyfriend to convince them we had only been there 20 minutes and I hadn't had harldy anything to drink.

So they put us in a taxi to Royal Perth hospital but we waited for 8 hours in the emergency ward without being seen and by then I felt fine. But for most of the time I was out of it. My boyfriend at the time swore I must have been drugged.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:35 pm

oh how scary lolly

hope he is doing ok now.
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:55 pm

it's a pretty scary thing hey... i guess all you can do is make sure you're with people you trust, never leave your drink unattended, and if someone is acting funny then get them to a hospital!
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:14 pm

yep. When I'm out I never put my drink down. I drink it usually in one hit (I don't drink much alcohol so that's not an issue) and if I have to put it down, that's it, drink is over. Even if I'm with friends I do this because you never know when some random stranger might do it and also, sad as it is, things like this usually come from someone you know and trust.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby yummymummy » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:19 pm

man Im so trusting, if someone wanted to offer me a free drink Id be all for it :oops: I jsut dont really think it would happen to me, Im a head in the sand kinda gal!!
Mind you Im not exactly clubbing on a regular basis anymore, resturants and pubs are more my thing
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Lolly » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:27 pm

It was a scary time for me on Friday I tell you all.

Looking back, there was always somebody with the drinks BUT we were all drinking the same thing (wild turkey- YUMMO) but there were people coming and going all over the place. Bob thinks he left his drink on the table with all of us when he went to the loo about 20 mins before we left.

I think even though it was Bob, we were damn lucky it wasn't one of us girls who are a hell of a lot smaller and would probably have a stronger reaction to whatever drug he was spiked with.

The publican rang me today (he is a friend of ours) to make sure he was alright and he said there have been other incidences of this happening lately as well and that the police are aware of it too so hopefully they catch the stupid idiots doing this before they seriously hurt somebody.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby rivenriver » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:53 pm

A friend of mine told me he got spiked at Cube, a gay nightclub in the city. He wouldn't really have noticed it, except that his much smaller friend was matching him drink for drink, and the friend was fine. Apparently he was just really high, and took some people on a very round about tour of the uni campus.

I guess it can happen to anyone.
rivenriver

Postby milkyway » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:53 am

Glad to hear Bob is fine now Lolly - what a scary experience!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:28 am

How scarey, glad that bob fine now.
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:21 am

gosh thats terrible....Im glad it turned out ok in the end though! :shock:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•