It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

body odour cover up

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

body odour cover up

Postby hazel99 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:21 pm

i have a pretty goodd diet and i exercise regularly at the gym to keep the weight off.. but for some reason, (hope it is not diet related) i have pretty bad BO... :oops:
i don't normally use body sprays but the new mini impulse range does the trick for me. pretty handy to carry around when i duck in and out of the gym during my lunch break. Has anyone seen them around??? http://www.myimpulse.com.au/MiniCollection.aspx
Does anyone use it already??
hazel99

Postby tanya » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I saw them at priceline the other day. Just make sure your using a proper antiperspirant deodorant and not just a body spray. The body sprays are just like perfume and wont actually get rid of the smell just sort of cover it up. The only other thing i could suggest would maybe be carrying those wipes around with you and wipe under your arms a few times a day and reapply your deodorant. don't know if that would really help?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:06 am

i use a roll on and then i spray myself with body spray. i went to school with a girl who didnt wear deodourant. she was a big girl and we used to have to stand on a packed bus and she would stand behind me with her arms up holding onto the top bars and it stunk so bad!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby tanya » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:29 am

thats so gross kate! lol I would have just felt so sorry for her.. do you guys think it would be better to tell someone or to pretend that you cant smell them?
I use roll on aswell. It works better than the spray on ones. Dont use perfumes or body spray much coz they make me sneeze and give me a headache.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:34 am

perfumes can also give me a headache. i only use a light dab on my neck and thats it. and i rarely use perfume only special occasions. the roll on makes me feel more 'cleaner' i guess than a spray on anti perspirant. i offered her a couple of times to use my body spray AT LEAST but she said 'oh no ive got my own' but she never seemed to use it.
kate_turner2000

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:37 am

The only way id tell someone would be if i went out and brought a roll on and gave it to them. I found in school that there was a couple of bigger girls and it was the ones without much money that had the bad BO, make it ur good deed for the day.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby hazel99 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:05 pm

i use it with roll on. i use impulse just to cover up the smell. its not too bad anyways. i went on their website and yea.. i could win a mini ipod shuffle. i never seem to win anything though. i dunno.. could be my lucky day *fingers crossed*
hazel99

TIP

Postby VT198 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:09 am

an online tip i found that actually works. its kind of weird though. use a cotton wipe soaked with a little Listerine (original works best) and wipe in the underarms area before any deodorant or body spray. it kills bacteria that causes BO.
VT198

Postby hazel99 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:48 am

thats very interesting
hazel99

Postby hazel99 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:25 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:perfumes can also give me a headache. i only use a light dab on my neck and thats it. and i rarely use perfume only special occasions. the roll on makes me feel more 'cleaner' i guess than a spray on anti perspirant. i offered her a couple of times to use my body spray AT LEAST but she said 'oh no ive got my own' but she never seemed to use it.

I'm with you on this one. perfumes gives me headaches too. I hate it when people overdose themselves with fragrance.
hazel99

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:58 am

I sweat a lot - like a LOT, I have to wear certain colours / clothing as my underarm sweat patches are HUGE regardless of the weather. Stress makes it worse.

Luckily I don't smell - I've had a few close friends / hubby check!!

I use Driclor once a week or so (when I remember too) - it's a hardcore antiperpirant that you apply at night. It can itch like crazy, but I've figured out the best way to apply (dry underarms with cool setting hair dryer, then dot a TINY amount in the centre of your armpit, dry again). I sometimes take an over-the-counter sleeping aid with it too.

As for odour, my hubby has had great success with the anti-perspirant / deo wipes that you can get at Priceline. He uses those through the day and it keeps him smelling sweet.
Lush Gal

Postby charlimc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:41 pm

Driclor?? where do you get this and what is it for
Charli x
charlimc

Postby yummymummy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:35 pm

You get driclor from thechemist, it is for excessive pesperation, you apply it at night and it suppresses pesperation, I used to use it nightly now I only need it about 2 times a week, it does itch when its drying tho but it stops pretty quickly. I use it in conjuction with my normal deoderant
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:21 pm

Yeah, Driclor is at chemists - around $20.

I use it only once a week or so, eventually you won't need to use it is my understanding.

Yummymummy, to stop the itching do try drying your armpits with the hairdryer, it really works, any hint of moisture seems to set off the itching.

My naturopath is dead against it given that it's very high in alluminum, but the sweating for me was becoming very prohibitive.
Lush Gal

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:36 pm

Interesting... Does anyone use an aluminium-free deodorant? I've been thinking of changing over as I'm worried about the aluminium and alzeimers (I think it may be starting already hahaha). Last time I tried one without aluminium I started smelling bad, it didn't work :?
SarahC

Next

Return to Just Chatting