It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 am

Free Newsletter

I am freaking out

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I am freaking out

Postby luse_it_all » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:32 pm

I've been TRUELY busy with work, so I've ignored my eating habbits and never started excercising and I hate that

I received my offer from Griffith University and I'll be leaving home and going to Australia in about 3 months, my course starts in March, but Orientation is in Feb.. I am working at the time and there's a bonus coming up by the end of Feb.. and I don't know what's more important,, the bonus, which is like around 10,000 AED, or the University's Orientation... my friend is there by the way, so she'll attend the orientation for sure!

oh man, I have too many things to think of and I REALLY need to lose weight..

I wanna look 20 kgs lighter ATLEAST, I know that once am there it'll be easier for me to lose weight cuz the weather helps, and I'll be using a bike to get to places, and also I simply ALWAYS lose weight when I am abroad..

it's very hot in the UAE, and I am ALWAYS busy or too lazy to go out.. it's not like australia or europe, where you simply WALK! hmm, the weather is becoming better now though!! :?

BUT I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT NOW. and I am really really really freaking out!!

I've been thinnking about a gym membership, but I finish work at 5:30 pm, so I'd have to go to the gym immediately after work, which is like torture cuz am always exhausted after work..

I have a bicycle in my room, the cardio one, and I NEVER USE IT, I just stare at it all day and think about how the hell am I going to lose weight!!?

I mean, I tried losing weight so many times before, I lose weight then I gain it back.. I gained 20 kgs over 1 year only.. that's really hard.. I need to lose those 20 :(

and this is totally random, but I kinda miss having a boy friend.. :oops:

ok,, I really am freaking out..
:?

PS: I wrote this in a hurry, and I just don't know what I wrote!! HELP!!!!
luse_it_all

Postby yummymummy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:22 pm

You will survive if you dont go to the orientation, there will be people to show you the ropes when you start surely, maybe contact student services and tell them you cant attend and see if there are some alternatives to get the info you need. Well as for the weight loss thing, one step at a time keep trying ,keep eating well most of the time, exercise will help caan you take out a short term contract to the gym???
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby luse_it_all » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:26 pm

yea, i suppose I am thinking about doing just that..

about the gym, there's one close to my place, and one close to work.. I am not sure which one I should go to..
and there are 3 months membership.. that's all the time I have here anyway!! so.. i don't know!!
luse_it_all

Postby yummymummy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:27 pm

congrats on uni by the way :D
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby luse_it_all » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:12 am

yummymummy wrote:congrats on uni by the way :D

Thank you very much.. I am very excited :D
luse_it_all

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:27 am

Firstly congrats on uni. As for the orientation, find out i it's just a general thing or specific and required for your course. If it's not required, you'll be ok to miss it, but you might want to just have a cheat with student services.

As for exercising, have you tried doing gym in the morning? less of a torture that way and it evergises you for work so you're more on the ball to start with. And it would be cooler then as well
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby JP1 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:50 am

Sorry to hear about your frustrations, firstly re Uni, don't particularly worry about the orientation, been a fair few years since I went but I never bothered with the orientation activities so its not a big deal.

Re the weight, am afraid theres only one person that is going to help you and thats yourself but then again you realise that. Now you have three months before you start Uni and you really can make a huge dent in what you want to lose if you start now

Either get that gym membership or else use that darn bike that must be tormenting you or else walk briskly starting at 30/45mins a session. Any of these will do to start with and particularly the walk or the bike but please start today, don't put it off because the longer you leave it the less chance you have of losing what you want in the time you want.

In conjunction with the exercise its imperative you watch what you eat, try to cut down on as much of the rubbish that you might eat and start eating healthier if you are not already and watch the fat input in your foods, if you can cut down on what you are eating (even by 500 calories or so a day, a bit more if you can) whilst cutting that fat intake - afterall you want to be reducing the fat in your weight AND exercise every day up to and approaching an hour, then I can guarantee you will start to lose weight.

Twenty Kilos might be stretching it in three months (but not impossible) but you can certainly aim for five kilos a month and once you have that kind of start the rest will come with continued dedication.

Am sorry if I'm coming over hard on you but I can sense your despair, I wasn't necessarily in the same boat but having reached 107 Kilos less than two months ago I was advised to lose weight for health reasons - high cholestrol. I'd never particularly dieted before and hadn't exercised properly for decades. All I did was as I have advised you above and made sure I did my walking every day. Am losing just over a Kilo a week now and think that the majority of that will be body fat because of the way I am exercising. I have lost just over ten Kilos in seven weeks so that is proof it can be done, believe me I had become a lazy bugger :wink: so if I can do it anyone can.

Please for your own sake stop feeling sorry for yourself today and take up the challenge for you, you can do this!

Good luck
JP1

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:56 am

nice post...ditto that. I wouldn't aim for any more than 5kg per month though! Which means you can lose 12-15kg in the 3 months before you leave...that's a good amount, so, yeah, get out there!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lng86 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:24 am

JP1 - great advice!

You'll get through this... But you need to want it for yourself. We are all hear to support you every step of the way... But you are the one who puts the food into your mouth and who moves around.

The only way to lose weight (and keep it off) is by exercise and diet. It sounds harder than it is!

I started my own weight loss journey at 121.2kg - so I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. I firstly introduced exercise into my life in February this year... And then about 5-6 months ago I found my place and my whole lifestyle has had a dramatic change.

You can do this!!! And if you need any help - feel free to PM me!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby luse_it_all » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:47 am

JP, if there was one thing i need in my life, it's discipline!
No, you are not being hard on me, I do appreciate your apparent compassion in your post…

I need to hear that I NEED to start NOW to get to where I want.. And I know I am a lazy ass..

I guess I am just afraid that I won’t succeed, and I know that’s not an excuse…

So, I will do my best.. I bought some books, and I started taking care.. but it’s not going to be easy.. and I am scared!!
luse_it_all

Postby luse_it_all » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 am

Thank you lauren,,

I'll take u up on the pm!! whenever i need to talk :)

Thanx a lot u guyz!!
luse_it_all

Postby JP1 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 am

luse_it_all wrote:JP, if there was one thing i need in my life, it's discipline!
No, you are not being hard on me, I do appreciate your apparent compassion in your post…

I need to hear that I NEED to start NOW to get to where I want.. And I know I am a lazy ass..

I guess I am just afraid that I won’t succeed, and I know that’s not an excuse…

So, I will do my best.. I bought some books, and I started taking care.. but it’s not going to be easy.. and I am scared!!

Hiya,

If your in the mood to buy books get this one I have found it a big help and its pretty cheap, I even found a reference for it on this website in the UK with a doctor recommending it, it really has helped me understand my body and the relationship between diet and exercise.

http://www.keyworthhealthcentre.co.uk/weight.htm

the book is "The Fat Stripping Diet" by Shane Bilsborough, look it up on ebay

Don't be scared, take it up as a challenge - its nothing to worry about, the weight you have to lose might be daunting but it will come off, don't give up if it takes time, nice and slowly does it, aim for a kilo a week if you can and if you reduce your calories and fat you can do it BUT exercise is the key I'm afraid, but even that can become enjoyable after a while. Walk for an hour, as briskly as you can believe me it works. And then just cut out on all the rubbish you eat and you will lose weight. I guarantee its that easy. Actually its not easy as you and I and millions of others know but if you want it bad enough its not that hard a commitment!

If you want I can use this thread to motivate you, I'm no expert but you sound like you need motivating, I'm not one of these that will reply with a "ah thats ok, was that choccie bar yum though?" - I appreciate that is comforting for you but its not what you want to hear is it?

Good luck, hope you have started or start today, in fact NOW! :wink:
JP1

Postby luse_it_all » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Thank you so much JP,, you really make me feel like It's doable.. it's true, I need Motivation.. I tried putting up pictures of hot models on my PC desktop, and it kind of helps.. The problems is the time..

I am at work untill 5:30, by the time I get back home, it's around 6 or 6:30, and by that time I take a shower, sit on my laptop, talk to my friends and visit my grandma's house (our neighbors) and time just flies... I can't imagine not doing those everyday... so I try to walk around the office, take the stairs if am going down (I have knee problesm) I can't take it up, I TRY to park my car as far as possible to walk more, but that fails cuz I almost always find the only car park to be close by! hehehehe

Anyway, I am taking my book with me to work today, I am trying something called (The step diet) and I have my step-o-meter on, I only bought the book a few days ago, and I KNOW i wont have the time to read it, so i'll just read it in my break or something!!

JP!! thank you :) u know, we can PM each other instead of keeping up this thread!!

take care mate :)
luse_it_all

Return to Just Chatting