It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

the myth of size 0

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

the myth of size 0

Postby yummymummy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:02 pm

I watched a doco the other day called The myth of the size 0-or something along those lines, about a british tv reporter who was a slim healthy girl to start with decided to do an experiment to become a US size 0 to see the effects it has on her body over a number of weeks. It was so interesting ! she suffered from depression, extreme tiredness, stomach cramps, the effect this extreme dieting had on her body was shocking. Its
Has anyone else seen it, i highly recommend it!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:04 pm

hey jody i think that was on telly a few months ago. i was shocked by it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:21 pm

I watched that too...only problem I think is that it has now been noted as the most downloaded 'pro ana' movie on the web...its like a how to in anorexia :roll: I think it was so irresponsible of them to do...I understand where they were coming from trying to show you how easy it is to develop an eating disorder, and symptoms etc etc but I think it shows ppl exactly (what to eat, how to and how hard to exercise etc) they have to do to become anorexic OR if they are already how to continue... :shock:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

I watched it a while ago I was quite shocked aswell as I though it done the quite oppisite of what they wanted to get out of the show to show people what not to do but it was quite detailed of what she ate & her exercised program & exactley how to become anorexic. I dont think it should of been showed on TV.
Chelle

Postby Bel Diamante » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:02 am

Yeh I saw it too and agree it shouldn't have been shown on TV. Very interesting doco though (I saw it on Austar a few weeks back). But the moment I thought 'Oh no' was when the reporter said "If i don't stop now, I'm afraid I'll never stop" and that she could see just "how addictive" that lifestyle could be.
I agree, If you ever want to be anorexic, just watch that doco, cause it will tell you and show you step by step how to do it.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Return to Just Chatting