It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:09 am

Free Newsletter

Beware - you may be offended

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Beware - you may be offended

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:42 pm

I have noticed lately that a lot of people either left, or have threatened to leave the forum.

I just wanted to say that not everyone gets along. We are all going to get along better with some people than with others, chat to them more, check their progress threads more etc etc.

My point basically is that if you want to be on the forum, be on it. Ignore the people you don't like, talk to the people you do like. In real life, you don't go out of your way to lie to yourself, be fake and talk to people you do not like and get along with.
Instead, concentrate on the people you DO like.

There is nothing wrong with that. As long as you give people a fair go before you decide you'd rather not be buddy buddy with them.
I don't post nearly as much as I used to, because I basically read the posts I want to read, if I'm not interested I don't read it, therefore I don't post.

That's all! Sorry if this offends anyone, but I really just needed to get it off my chest.

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:00 pm

Why do all online forums end in censored and censored stirring??
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:01 pm

ok censored and censored = female dogging / stools
Lush Gal

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:02 pm

I'd like to add if I may, that this is supposed to be a Support forum.

We are all going through a tough time in our lives, trying to lose weight, and the last thing we need is negativity from others.

I can only speak for myself when I say that my weight has always been a touchy subject for me and I need all the support I can get.

So lets get over the petty crap thats been going on and support each other.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:04 pm

Lush Gal wrote:Why do all online forums end in censored and censored stirring??

I've actually never encountered anything like this on a forum before. However most forums I post on are male dominated (IT forums etc), not to be sexiest or anything, but guys tend to get along better than girls.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:05 pm

Here here Nikki!

Some of us are pudgy, some are FAT, some obese, others trying to lose just a few kgs.

I'd like to see a place where we can all go and feel gorgeous and know that our HEALTH is what counts and that by being on here we are helping ourselves to a better self.

Let's all post our prettiest pics, our most inspirational thoughts, our most encouraging words - then bask in the glory that is "well said!" or "you look great! well done!" or "you can do it".

Let's put snideness and nastiness where it belongs - year 9 roll call.
Lush Gal

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:06 pm

It SHOULDA read - Hey There Nikki! Well Said!!
Lush Gal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:30 pm

I must've either been hiding under a rock or not be as finely attuned to social stuff as others, cause I haven't noticed anything overly offensive, but I'm obviously aware that others have. :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, on the internet, sometimes things can not come out quite right (because you miss the verbal and physical cues like smiling, a roll of the eyes etc).

Also, this is weightloss and if anything is going to get peoples backs up, this will be it. I agree with the live and let live philosophy posted above and mostly tend to abide by it (permission granted to give me a serve if I don't! :P )

So in closing can I just say that we are all here on our own unique paths, but ultimately our goals should be health and personal growth (but not in the waistband department!). Sometimes we might feel the need to express concern or disagreement about something we feel doesn't help with these goals. But so long as everyone respects others' views and treats others as if they were the other (I read that quote somewhere recently, I like it) then we all should get on fine and be able to co-exist, agreeing to disagree on some points, but supporting each other implicitly.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:32 pm

hmmm I dont know what to add as I dont really know the situations that have been happening around here lately. All I do know is that some people give absolutely everything they have give to the replies and to support others on this forum, and sometimes they get only negativity back....as far as the forums ending in * and * stirring, well, online, you can say whatever you want to someone...you can have all the balls in the world and say whatever you feel regardless of how it will affect or harm someone else, because you dont have to do it face to face. Normal 'rules' of interaction dont apply, you can say whatever you want and be whoever you want, you dont need manners, you dont need to be polite or use tact. You can be and say whatever you want....anonyminity is one of the positives of online forums, (for people needing support about something that they may be too embarrassed to get help with in 'real life' eg. my bingeing) and also one of its downfalls. x
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Can someone please PM me and tell me what the hell has been going on? Cause obviously I have missed something. A lot of these posts are kinda written like they have particular people in mind and I have not much clue as to what manes to put in the blanks or more importantly, WHY? Is this still around the new forums? I seem to remember there was angst before that though. Was there stuff going on in PM's that I was unaware of?

It makes it very difficult to make comments about what is going on, since I don't know if I'm going to be inadvertently siding with someone or something :?

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help fix any issues that are going on, please let me know. If there is a problem, let me know and we can see if it can be fixed.

Oh and if anything is due to something I said or did, someone please tell me, cause I seriously have NO idea and would like the opportunity to make amends
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:50 pm

Well zeedeevegirl - back it up. People are curious about the discontent.
Lush Gal

Postby matchbox » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:55 pm

hey tegan i'm just as lost :shock: i've got NO idea lol
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:01 pm

one of the threads where some of this stuff took place was deleted.

also alot happened in PM's and on MSN.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:50 pm

I am also confused - but does this all have something to do with why Kate is leaving us?
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby yummymummy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:00 pm

yeah its sad that people are leaving the group , weight is such a sensitive issue for most of us, and people wont want to come to a website where they dont feel supported,
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Next

Return to Just Chatting