It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

Beware - you may be offended

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:40 pm

Can anyone tell me if I have caused any of this trouble?

Cause I really dont know whats going on..
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:40 pm

Hay - I must be the lamest person around - but what does ROFLMAO mean?

And I didn't touch anyone's butt!!!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Roll Over F*%cking Laughing My Arse Off
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby JP1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:45 pm

electrongirl wrote:I've actually never encountered anything like this on a forum before. However most forums I post on are male dominated (IT forums etc), not to be sexiest or anything, but guys tend to get along better than girls.

Wanna bet? I belong to a few sports forums and in particular the soccer team I support and the guys there are worse than anything here believe me, and were all suppose to support the same team :lol:
JP1

Postby electrongirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:56 pm

ah see sports I could understand!! Its very competitive!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:07 pm

I did notice a bit of unsteadiness. But i might have caused a bit myself. And for anyone that i had a bad impact on, i appoogise.

Sometimes i can get a bit depressed and defensive and I say stuff I don't mean. Other times, i tell it like it is. So sorry if i hurt anyone at any time.

I agree we should all be getting along. No one person is better than any other person. I believe God made us all the same, he didnt give us rankings. We were all born babies and we all went through the same growing stages. Some people experience diff stuff to others, some people are thinner, some are not, so, we are all human, none of that makes us better or worse than anyone else.

I came here for support and I have received that, i am just sorry i haven't been able to offer as much as i have been given.

If anyone does have a prob with me, please can u take it up with me, i dont like having broken relationships.

I agree with what was said earlier, if you do not get along with someone on here (and i am sure some people don't) then just stay clear of them. Use the forum for your weightloss and to support others.

Now lets all take a deep breath and smile :) hehe

Thanks for letting me have my say guys/gals.

ps. girls are mental i recon! no matter where u go there is always gunna be an amount of 'female dog'ness.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Ok, I'll "back it up" now, as Lush Gal has so nicely requested.

All I was saying was simply that some people have made it clear that they don't like the way things are on the forum, how things are cliquey etc etc and there seems to be little groups forming etc.
All I'm saying is that THIS IS LIFE!!!!!!!
They are friendship groups, and that's all.
You're going to get along better with some people on the forum, and feel like you can relate to them better and talk to them more, so of course you're going to form a closer friendship with them.
There are people you can't relate to at ALL, and you can't understand their opinions etc etc.

I'm just saying, if there is someone you don't like, don't understand, relate to and so on - JUST DON'T RESPOND TO THEIR POSTS!!! There is no need to make comments on their threads or even back to posts on other threads. Reply to the bits you want to reply to, don't worry about the rest.

Don't get stressed about people you don't like on here and don't be made to feel like you should leave the forum. Just concentrate on the people that you really like and get along with here, and don't worry about anything else!
It's a forum, and it's the internet!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:16 pm

I LOVE that, you make a post about people all being the same, and getting on, yet adding- '
ps. girls are mental i recon! no matter where u go there is always gunna be an amount of 'female dog'ness'
hmmmm look I wasnt personally involved, only because I was not online at the time, but good people have been hurt here. People who ALWAYS made an effort to answer everyone's posts, learn everyone's name, and support EVERYONE regardless of size, weight, censored, social standing etc, and that was thrown back in their face, and as a result of this they have now gone, which is completely unfair. Yes, they could choose to stay and ignore the rude childishness, but why should they? I know that we can not all get on and play happy families all the time, but I dont think its fair to ask for support from everyone, yet only give it back to a select few??? and then hurt the people who offer it the most???
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:18 pm

oh btw zeedeveelgirl it might seem like that was directed at you, but it was more to the group in general, you just posted as I was typing my reply ;)
Playboy_bunny

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Hahah cheers Playboy_bunny, I was reading it going what?! When did I say that?!?

It is hard sometimes to reply to a lot of posts, I don't go on the forum at work when I'm there all day, I go to gym or do other stuff after work, and by the time I get on the computer at night (to search for jobs!!) I'm knackered, and generally just reply to a few threads. So I do try to support as many people as I can, it's just hard to find the time!!! I'm sorry to anyone new who I haven't shown much interest in their progress - it's not intentional, I'm just busy!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:30 pm

Sorry if that sounded strange what i wrote :p

but us gals are a strange breed :p and it is true u go anywhere and there are bickerings, most are not heard of though.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Hey,

When I said to back it up I meant that Kate has left and she gave a polite farewell explaining why she was going.

Then you post a "Beware, You May Be Offended" post which seemed to just be a veiled attempt to stick it back at her, and it certainly stirred things up.

Kate supported EVERYONE, sure you might not have time to do that, but it is a real shame she's gone.

I've stopped going into the section that seemed to start the stir - it frightens me that people are trying to achieve, and encouraging each other, to extremely low weights.
Lush Gal

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:45 pm

AGREED!
Playboy_bunny

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 pm

It wasn't an attempt to stick it back at her at ALL and I'm sorry that you interpreted it that way.
It was just that Kate was about the 4th or 5th person who has left/said they were leaving the forum and I thought it was time to say something before half the forum was gone!

People aren't trying to achieve too low weights. The trouble is, we know our own bodies. We see ourselves every day, we know which bits we want to improve, if we can stand to lose a little more weight or if we're happy where we are. That's the only thing that's missing on the forum - being able to SEE the person (apart from a few pics ocassionally). You might say "Omg you're 58kg, don't lose any more!!", but that person might be small framed, and CAN lose another few kilos if they want.

I'm sorry to drag you into this, Ella, because I think that is who you are referring to, Lush Gal. But Ella has made it clear that she is seeing a GP who is helping her with her weight and encouraging her to concentrate on fitness and eating the right foods etc etc.

All we can do is trust each other that we know what we're doing and we know what weight is a good weight for us!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:55 pm

I've been there Zeedeeveegirl,

I have dieted myself to skin and bones and started to lose hair on my head and grow it on my back and let me tell you Ella's GP needs to be reported to the Medical Board Of Ethics.

The images she posted with the words "I never want to look like this again" are blatantly indicative of an eating disorder. To be "monitoring" her is ridiculous, she should be referred to a psychiatrist that deals with eating disorders.

To be online telling her "great work on losing more weight" is tantamount to aiding her self harm.

And don't say your original post wasn't a dig at Kate. We're not that stupid.
Lush Gal

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting