It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Beware - you may be offended

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby electrongirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 pm

TIME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SERIOUSLY!

Its obvious there is some deep seated censored bubbling up here and I am afraid if it keeps going on like this people are going to get hurt.

jesus christ people (sorry for the blasphemy).

We are all supposed to be adults aren't we?

I am really REALLY pissed off that it got to the point that Kate left.

I was ready to leave a little while back and she was one of the people who really spoke up about why I should stay.

To be completely and brutally honest, other than my husband, you guys are all I have in any sense of the word FRIENDS.

So I am begging you all lets work this out, because I dont want to leave. But I may have to.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:02 pm

i nearly left a while back due to problems. But i am over that now. We should all get over it and start a new :) easy to say for some i know.

Well i am out :) thats all i got to say on this topic :) yay
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Nikki, my god hunny u and I are so similar :)
I have said the same thing, I consider you all my friends, which I really only have less than a handful of in the 'real world' and I value you all so much. I would hate to have to leave, and to lose some of the most supportive, lovely people I have known. I am so sad that Kate has had to leave...she was pretty much the heart and soul of this forum (although she would never accept that, being the girl she is) and is one of the kindest, nicest, most caring people I think i have ever met. Its unfair what is happening here...look Im going to leave it here, I have said my piece (over and over lol) and voiced my opinion. xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:09 pm

well i think that everyone shouldnt take everyones opinons so seriously, for most of us we have met so get over what everyones problems are, if u say something and alot people dont like it u shouldnt want to leave, what people write are there thoughts so u dont have to get the craps about it, if u dont like the post go and check out the next post and get over it!!
soon2bayummymummy

Postby electrongirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:10 pm

I don't think its a simple matter of that when a person is being personally attacked.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:15 pm

:? :shock: :? :? :shock: :?

god look whatr happens when you go away and do some work instead of posting all afternoon.

Everyone needs to have a nice glass of wine tonight and enjoy what you have :lol:

TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY :lol:

P.S One glass of wine wont hurt you :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:15 pm

Lush Gal wrote:I've been there Zeedeeveegirl,

I have dieted myself to skin and bones and started to lose hair on my head and grow it on my back and let me tell you Ella's GP needs to be reported to the Medical Board Of Ethics.

The images she posted with the words "I never want to look like this again" are blatantly indicative of an eating disorder. To be "monitoring" her is ridiculous, she should be referred to a psychiatrist that deals with eating disorders.

To be online telling her "great work on losing more weight" is tantamount to aiding her self harm.

And don't say your original post wasn't a dig at Kate. We're not that stupid.

Its either I lose weight myself and possibly fall back into my eating disorder.

OR my GP helps me through it, THE HEALTHY WAY.

Its part of a new outpatient program at my hospital that teaches about healthy body image, nutrition, exercise the lot.

At my goal weight I will be in no way underweight, and I am not underweight now.

Why should i not get support like anyone else? Weight is only a number, like I have said before I have an unhealthy amount of body fat, which needs to decrease or I am at risk for certain diseases.

Why are you guys getting angry at me? I havent done anything wrong.. :cry:
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:17 pm

look to anyone who is gonna be nasty to anyone but themselves in post then stand back and go away from the post, like i said if dont like a post dont reply with a nasty reply cause u dont agree, we r here to support eachother and if u can support the subject posted then dont reply and we wont have these bad vibes going around.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm not angry at you Ella, I am worried. I hope that you are being as medically supported as you say you are. I don't think you should be on a weight loss forum, I think you should be aiming to increase your weight to the middle of the BMI range whilst reducing your fat %. Eating nutritious, healthy foods.

As for Zeedevegirl, all I am saying is you stirred it up, are prepared to name Ella, at least have the balls to say that your post was a dig at Kate.
Lush Gal

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:21 pm

I agree, I came to this forum to be supported and to support people!

Lets just all be happy and put aside our difference yes! I hate to see us all fighting, i feel bad that i kinda partly caused this

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:23 pm

Lush Gal wrote:I'm not angry at you Ella, I am worried. I hope that you are being as medically supported as you say you are. I don't think you should be on a weight loss forum, I think you should be aiming to increase your weight to the middle of the BMI range whilst reducing your fat %. Eating nutritious, healthy foods.

As for Zeedevegirl, all I am saying is you stirred it up, are prepared to name Ella, at least have the balls to say that your post was a dig at Kate.

I dont think it was a dig at Kate.

A LOT of people here are touchy about subjects, people cant post opinions without worrying that they'll offend someone!

Posts of mine have got deleted - thats censorship. People have got to learn that people are different, and they have different views and opinions.

loveat116

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:23 pm

For eg Ella - for me, at 154cm to get to the BMI of 18.7 (just 0.2 inside of healthy) and your goal - I would be around 44.5kg.

I can tell you from experience that at 48kg I was a size 6 bag of bones. I seriously lost hair - it took years to get it back to normal (I still have new hair sprouts). At 44kg I would've been hospitalised.

To say ,you want to get healthy and then have a goal weight of that low a BMI doesn't make any sense. Forget the scales - concentrate on being healthy.
Lush Gal

Postby electrongirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Ella,

First of all I just want to say that I don't think anyone is angry at you. I think most of us are worried about you.

Secondly if you are being looked after by a GP thats fantastic. I don't think a doctor (at least I'd hope) would allow you to do something that would endanger you.

The only thing I am concerned about is that you are being looked after.

I think alot of people on here were shocked by you and your feelings about your weight.

I think when people are faced with something like this, alot of us don't know how to react.

Please don't think you've done anything wrong, because you havn't. I just hope you are getting the support and help you need.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby candycane » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 pm

woah woah woah guys. Okay i can totally see why everyone's upset (although i didn't see the appropriate posts to make any comments on that particular point).

First of all, everyone here is here for the same reason to shed some pounds (whether it be 3 or 40). Everyone has body issues whether its your eyes your nose or your weight. No body's issues are more important then anyone elses.

Second, i agree its sad Kate felt she had to leave, but as in life, these things happen. She seems like the lovelyest person and i wish her all the best and hope that she feels she CAN come back whether she wants to or not.

Third, eating disorders are terrible - whether it heads to obesity or anorexia. Any type 'addiction' is bad. But it's hard to beat which is why we're all helping eachother. There's no need for all this arguing really. Obviously there's a lot of passion in opinion, but that's what this is, a discussion board! a way to voice yourself without fear of rejection or seclusion. That's the problem, in the real world i couldn't walk up to someone and say whatever i felt all the time. Here you can. So people get offended.

I think, in my [very] unprofessional opinion, everyone needs to take a chill pill, and go back to the reason why you joined this discussion board in the first place. If you don't like someone, don't associate with them like you would normally. Be polite and curteous though because sometimes malice just isn't worth the trouble!

peace guys
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:30 pm

electrongirl wrote:Ella,

First of all I just want to say that I don't think anyone is angry at you. I think most of us are worried about you.

Secondly if you are being looked after by a GP thats fantastic. I don't think a doctor (at least I'd hope) would allow you to do something that would endanger you.

The only thing I am concerned about is that you are being looked after.

I think alot of people on here were shocked by you and your feelings about your weight.

I think when people are faced with something like this, alot of us don't know how to react.

Please don't think you've done anything wrong, because you havn't. I just hope you are getting the support and help you need.

Dont worry, I have so many people watching me like a hawk. And i am getting a lot of support, please everything just focus on there own goals and problems, because I cant assure you enough that i am OK!

loveat116

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting