It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Free Newsletter

job interview

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

job interview

Postby charlimc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:51 pm

going for an interview at City Chic on Friday crappy myself as i havnt been to a interview for like 5 yrs now i dnt know what questions to expect , any tips????
Charli x
charlimc

Postby SarahC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:04 pm

I think the best thing you can do in an interview is to create rapport/connection with the interviewer. It's great if they start off with "small talk", as it makes you more relaxed and also gives you a chance to find a common interest etc. Apart from that, body language... mirror what the interviewer is doing, sit the same way, same expressions on your face. That has remarkable power, makes them feel you are really interested in what they are saying..

Handshake, not to hard and not too soft. It city chic a clothing shop? Maybe personal presentation will be important.

Do some preparation before you go. Read through your resume (sounds silly, but it helps) and remind yourself of all the great things you've done in the past, and all the personal qualities that you have that the employer needs. Even if it's not work related eg. I've been a mother, could be translated to mean, I can handle many things at once and can prioritise my tasks efficiently.. something like that lol. Milk your experiences for all they are worth!!

Good luck :D
SarahC

Postby Jisgone » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:39 pm

ooh i used to love big city chic, sooo pricey tho!
which store did u apply at?

and i think the most popular question is

'why should we hire you'
Jisgone

Postby electrongirl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm

soooo how did it go!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Chelle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 pm

How did you go at the interview & have you heard about that other job that you applied for??
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting