It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

YAAAAY - an interview!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

YAAAAY - an interview!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:09 pm

YAAAAAAAY, I got another interview :D :D This is for a new fresh pasta takeaway/cafe place that's opening up in the shopping centre just down the road from me :D :D It sounds really good!!
The interview is tomorrow after work so I don't have to wait long :D

Only thing I'm a bit nervous about... he actually works at the real estate agency that I got fired from when I was 18 (my first admin job). Eep!! So hopefully nothing comes up in conversation to bring up the real estate agency!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:15 pm

Don't worry about it Em, you'll be fine!!

Good luck!

I'm in an amusing opposite position to you at the moment - I'm trying to AVOID getting a job! Centrelink cut off my youth allowance the day after my final exam (nice, huh!) and to get payments they said I have to go onto NewStart (the dole!).

So, on NewStart, you're supposed to look for work. I HAVE a confirmed job, starting on January 7. I'm either supposed to have no money at all until then, or look for work! So I have to look for work, but I'm so busy with looking for a place and moving and stuff, I won't have time to work!

So I am applying for jobs that are rather inappropriate in the hope that no-one wants to hire me! :)

Silly Centrelink!
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Thanks hun :) :) I've decided if I get offered the job (and only then, not in the interview), I'll come clean about not leaving the real estate agency on good terms. Leaving out all the details, of course. Because if my old boss was to come into the shop to get pasta (although he probably wouldn't recognise me, he'd eventually put 2 and 2 together), and figured out it was me, I wouldn't want my NEW boss to hear it from him!

ANYWAY, that's IF I get offered it :P :P

Ohhh man, Centrelink SUCK like that!!! They are so stupid!!! Good luck for avoiding jobs :P :P Definitely sounds silly, but they leave you no choice, do they!? It is harsh that they cut your allowance so quickly for sure, there definitely should be some leeway there. Grr!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:02 pm

Good on you, Zeedeveelgirl! Good luck with the interview!

I know what you mean about Centrelink, Mandie. I got kicked off Austudy as soon as my last lecture finished - the problem was that I was the only one in our year level coordinating our graduate exhibition, which is considered a vital part of graduating from a design degree. So I had to try and balance going to uni every day with working in order to get the rent paid. Not as bad as my flatmate, mind you. He was kicked off Austudy six months before his course finished. He'd done other undergraduate studies beforehand and they'd miscalculated the amount of time they were willing to fund him for. He ended up having to drop out just before finishing because he just couldn't handle juggling full-time work and study. After all those years of study he has no qualifications to show for it, which is a real shame.

I hope things work out for both of you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:28 pm

OMG, I have another interview for Wednesday!!! This one is for JayJays, where I dropped my resume off at this morning!!! That was quick :D :D The other one that I have tomorrow I only posted the application for on Friday so he rang me quick too.
Oooh things are finally starting to move, I just know it!!!!

Thanks EvilWombatQueen :D Love your name by the way :P :P

Centrelink really treat people who are studying like absolute CR*P. Meanwhile, if you're just on the dole looking for work, all you have to do is apply for jobs (and as Mandie has said, they don't even have to be jobs you can DO!!!) and they give you your money every fortnight!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby shelbel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:14 pm

It's all happening now Em, your in hot demand! LOL

Good luck on them all :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:48 pm

Cheers Shel :D Definitely in hot demand :wink: :wink: That's always the way though, I stress about job hunting, and as soon as I start to relax about it a bit and decide to take things as they come, things start happening!!
Ooh I'm excited! Especially about the Jay Jays one, I got along really well with the manager chick when I went in today to drop my resume off and on the phone :D :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Ooohhhh Good Luck Em !!!!

As for Centrelink .... NO COMMENT :lol:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks Helen :D :D :D I bet I will have trouble sleeping tonight, I'm so excited!!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Good luck for JayJays too Em! I love them, I always get cheap clothes from there :)

Centrelink is Centrelink.. I mean.. I can't whinge, I'm getting money for free, really.. lots of people are worse off! It's just a bit of a pain in the bum :) I'm willing to go through the hassle to get the money though, I'm moving soon and I need all I can get!
Mandie

Postby sassi » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:21 am

good luck this afternoon with the interview em!
sassi

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:42 am

Sending you heaps of good luck vibes your way for today :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby rivenriver » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 am

Woo! Good luck!!!!!

I'm doing the same thing at the moment, but I haven't gotten any response yet... :( Probably cos my town is so small, and our tourist season is winter not summer.

I reckon that if your old job comes up, have some answer ready along the line of "yeah, I know I stuffed up there, I wasn't really suited to that style of work environment, but I've had a lot of chance to grow and change as a person since then, and I feel I would make a very valuable member of your team." You know, resume speak. Don't deny it, but gloss it off, make it sound like something that couldn't have happened another way, and emphasise the differences between that job and this one. :)

Good luck Zee!!!
rivenriver

Postby milkyway » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:51 am

Good luck Em :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby electrongirl » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 am

Good luck!!

Centrelink are a bunch of %&*^$#%!!!!!

I have had so many problems with them. When I was 7 months pregnant, my employer at the time decided that they didn't want to keep me on as they were a bit funny about teen pregnancies so they made up some bullshit reason to let me go.

So I went to Centrelink and they told me I had to look for work up until 2 weeks before my due date.

7 months pregnant and applying for jobs.... hahahaha, right.

They have also mucked up my FTB payments on numerous occasions because they cant seem to work out my husbands resident status. Gee how many people immigrate here?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Next

Return to Just Chatting