It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Age difference?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:48 pm

Holy girl - he sounds scrummy (imagining a buff, health fanatic, good looking guy hehehe) and just your type :D .

This is the mantra I follow: "age is mentality".

You have to do what feels right for you.

The oldest guy I've ever dated was aged 32 at the time (I was 20 then). I had a few people make comments that he was too old for me because I hadn't had enough life experience etc, etc

22 years is a huge age gap and there will be situations when it will arise and yes people will talk but you know what- you have to do what feels right for you!

If you two can talk and feel comfortable with each other and obviously share common interest then why not give it a go if the situation arises. You never know what might happen and if you decide to give it a miss based purely on the age gap then you could be missing out on something wonderful.

Let us know how things work out hun.

I say go for it :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 pm

Mmm yes he is totally scrummyyyyyyy!

You're so right, I could never pass up the opportunity to be with him if it arose because I'd always be wondering 'what if?????' I honestly don't think I'd be able to resist if he made a move anyway :P :P

Thanks babe :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:31 pm

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Course you didn't offend me, Michelle?! As if you ever could :lol: :lol:
Hehehe I will let you in on all the juicy details, if it gets to that stage :P :P

YES....all the details! PLEASE!!!! :D :D

I am so excited for you!
help6363

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:40 pm

I don't have a problem with age difference, it's not meant to be about age, its meant to be about how you connect with one another.

So long as you are both able to accept that the older one in the relationship is far more likely to die well and truely before you, and that there is an increased chance of you drifting apart from moving into different phases of life that the older one has likely already seen and passed, then all is groovy. I mean when it comes down to it, it's your life you have to live, so you may as well live how -you- want to, not how everyone else expects you to.

Personally I have a problem with people who have children when they are seeing someone who is well and truely older than them. Simply because it's so incredibly selfish. I know a man in his 70's with a daughter younger than me, and I'm 17. His spouse died in a car accident and now she's left with a father who is transitioning into the last phase of his life.

Other than that! You've every right in the world to be as happy as everyone else in a relationship :)

Thats my longwinded opinion :P But you all should be used to that by now.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:50 pm

That's very true.. it's the connection you have and the feelings you get around eachother, how comfortable around each other you are etc etc..

Well I'm still young, so it's not like I'm specifically looking for my life long partner, I'm open to anything! I think it's good to be like that, to go into something with no expectations of where it's going 20 yrs down the track. BUT at the same time, the other person has to think like that too. It wouldn't work if they definitely wanted kids in the next 5 yrs or something :P

Yeah I think you're right about people with children who see people a lot older. It would be really hard on the people around you.. Luckily I'm kidless :D

As I've said, I don't even know if he likes me like that though, I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing! I'm just happy seeing where things go and hanging out with him :)

Thanks heaps girl, you brought up some good points for me to consider :)
Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:54 pm

Hey no problem! Whatever becomes of all of this I hope it's good! I'm doing the same thing right now actually, just letting things take their own path with a guy at the moment :)
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Good luck girl :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Jisgone » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:07 pm

go for it em :)
im 22 and my bf is 36 and we get along great!
i met him in a nightclub so he definately doesnt look or act his age, i think its all got to do with how much you have in common and how well u click together

just remember your the one whos spending time with him, so its about what makes u happy :)
Jisgone

Postby oostevens » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 am

My hubby is only 5yrs older than me :) but thats good, cos he is mature enough :) and 5yrs was as far of an age gap as i wanted :) so i am happy. but i mean 5 yrs is nothing compared to the difference alot of you gals have with ur men
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby sassi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:17 am

i agree with pretty much everyone else - it doesn't necessarily matter.

i'm actually the opposite from most other ppl - i'm 8 years older than my bf & i couldn't be happier. i agree that it's where you're at in life etc that matters more than your actual age. i definitely don't act my age lol, so it's perfect! :lol: we've been together about 19 months and i can't imagine life without him. the only time the age difference actually occurs to me is when i tell someone new our ages (if that makes sense!).

and the great thing is, that as you get older the age difference will seem less & less :wink:
sassi

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Yes thats so true :P The 6 year age gap between my first boyfriend and I seemed alot until I reminded my parents that they met at similar ages, and they are 5 years apart:P
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:06 pm

Aww that's awesome that you've found happiness, Jewles :D He's a lucky guy!! I just find that all the guys my age (21) are so immature and juvenile (no offense to anyone who has a boyfriend that age - obviously if you're with them, they don't have a problem with it :D). I just could not imagine myself being with someone that age, I've always been with older guys! When I was 14 I was with an 18 yr old. When I was 18 I was with a 25 yr old. Last year when I was 20 I was with a 30 yr old. The age gap keeps going up n up :P Hahah I don't want it to go up any more!!

How old are you, Sassi? Your bf must be mature for his age :D That's great that you're so happy with him :D You never know, I might wind up with a younger guy!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby electrongirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 pm

I have always gone out with older guys, usually 2-5 years older, but funnily enough my hubby is 2 years younger than me!

But I am getting to that age when a toyboy is a good thing!! hahahaha
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Jisgone » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 pm

ive always had older bfs too, 16 with a 21 yr old, 20 and with a 28 yr old
alot of my friends are older too so i guess thats just what im comfortable with! 21 yr old guys still seem like highschool boys to me hehe
Jisgone

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:49 pm

Hahah that's exactly it, Jewles, like high school boys!! The 21 yr old guys I DO know (including my ex best friend Todd who no longer talks to me because his skanky gf hates me, and he tried on numerous occasions to get me into bed despite us being best friends since we were 13!!) are just sex-obsessed and seem to just talk about that every single time they talk to me!
I've had that many of my male friends who are within a few yrs of my age try to step over the line, they just have no respect, grr!

Sorry guys, not trying to generalise, it's just my experiences have been bad :(
zeedeveelgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting