It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Free Newsletter

new grandbaby

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

new grandbaby

Postby Fireball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:24 am

I havent been around for a while. My daughter has given birth to a beautiful ~5 kg baby boy. Unfortunately baby being very large resulted in a traumatic birth. My daughter is fine but baby's arm isn't working due to nerve damage. Treatment includes exercises and sometimes surgery, but it depends on exactly what his test results are - sometimes they never improve. I feel so sad, my daughter was very careful about her diet etc. to give the baby the best chance, then during delivery this happens. I can't understand how doctor's can miss the signs and not plan for caesar. He may be ok so we are hoping for the best but what about the other poor babies who end up with problems because doctors arent careful enough? :cry:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Justjudy » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:27 pm

First and foremost congratulations on becoming a Grandmother, all babies are very special, especially if they are grandchildren.

I hope that everything will be ok, you will be in my thoughts.

I have to agree about the medical care. Unfortunately things like this are happening too often these days. Something definitely needs to be done about our medical system, so that things like this are a rare thing and not an everyday occurance.

I will get off my soapbox now, and go the the cranky corner.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Fireball » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:04 am

Thank you for your support. I was feeling very down and it's nice to know people care. You go through all kinds of stuff raising your own kids then look to the future and hope it will be better for the next generation. And maybe we need to spend more time on soap boxes...

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Chelle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:27 pm

Congratulation on becoming a Grandmother with a beautifull grandson, I can relate with your daughter I too have had a big boy 5.1Kg baby I had a 40 min labour & Braydon's shoulder was stuck behind my pelvic bone the midwives were slaming onto my stomach to get him un-stuck he finally come out face was very black & blue like a rolly dog & he went into cardiac-arrest & I had 10 doctors & nurses rush into the room to revive him. His fine now took about 2 weeks for the swelling to come down & he had 0ne blood shoot eye which took 3 weeks to go away. But never needed surgery like your little man.

I think aswell if they had picked up on how big braydon was I would off had an caesar or opped to be induced like a month early because of his size. I was the same angry that the doctors did not picked it up aswell.
Chelle

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:02 am

Congratulations on becoming a Grandmother!!

I hope that your grandbaby will be ok......please keep us updated on his progress!

I do agree that the whole country seems to need a big shake up in the health profession department!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Fireball » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:58 am

Chelle,
so sorry to hear of your experience that must have been very traumatic for you. I'm glad it has turned out ok in the end.

Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Just Chatting