It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:12 am

Free Newsletter

Tryring to find bathers. Got any tips?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Tryring to find bathers. Got any tips?

Postby jessica-rae » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:18 am

Hi everyone!

Yay- finding bathers- everyone's favourite task! :?

Apparently even the skinniest girls hate shopping for swimwear.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find good quality swimwear.

For me, it's not just that I am plus size (sz 18-20) cause I know there are heaps of places to get plus size swimwear, but I also wear a 20G bra and having big boobs just makes it near impossible to find bathers. Even at my thinnest (77kg), I still had 16E boobs.

I found this website and these bathers look good. They are a three piece so you have a supportive bra under your tankini: ... e+Swimwear

But I'm only 21 and I wonder if the print is a little old fashioned?

Has anyone found good bathers anywhere else that they'd like to recommend that may be suitable for me?

jessica x
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am

Have you looked in target? They have lots of different sizes, colours and designs and they're cheap. I reckon while losing weight cheap is good because you're only going to have to replace them with smaller sizes as time goes on.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby sassi » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:41 am

i have a similar issue - and i buy alot of bras from

they sell bathers as well & even tho i haven't bought any, they look really nice.

Postby electrongirl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:26 am

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:08 pm

I went into Sunburn to buy mine.

Yes they are expensive but you get great assistance from the ladies and they match you up with cosies to suit your body type.

I'm big breasted too and I was able to get a 14DD cup

oh yeah, those prints don't look to old. If that was me I would go for a printed top and basic black bottoms as there is to much of a good thing in prints.

Also if you have chubby thighs I would recommend that you stay away from boy legs because they make the legs look shorter and chunkier. Go for the high cut tummy control ones and with big breast you want a good v-neck to draw attention away from the bust area and the gathering around the tummy makes your tummy look smaller. But I think you need to spend a bit of money on cosies to have the best fit and they have more lycra in them than your cheaper versions. But that's just my opinion.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby jessica-rae » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:02 pm

Thanks for all the advice.

I find Target swimwear only go up to a size DD and are not supportive enough. Anything that would possibly be supportive enough makes me look like I'm 65 yrs old. However, I'm looking forward to losing weight as lots of the other Target swimwear looks great! So many gorgeous colours.

The swimwear picture would cost around $140, but I think it's worth it to get something worthwhile.

I'll check out those other websites!
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:18 pm

Have you tried Bras & Things?? They have some underwire bra tops, and you could just get a cheapy bather singlet and boardies from Target to go on top??

Return to Just Chatting