It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Why is everyone going?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Why is everyone going?

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:38 am

Why is it everyone seem to leave this forum? Lately I been seeing and noticing alot people are leaving!
chubbywife79

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:45 am

I have no idea :? I'd be lost without this place right now, it is helping me so much, I couldn't imagine leaving!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:55 am

That the same with me, I couldn't do this without this forum.
chubbywife79

Postby JL77 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:55 am

I left because I am having a hard time and was being a cow basically, but i am back :D

I didnt think anyone was supporting me and now I realise thats because I wasnt really relying to anyones threads, but i was reading them so I hope you all dont think i am a total cow lol.

Plus I thought you guys were getting annoyed at me, because i tend to say I will start doing something but never come threw with the goods, but that has changed now.

Is there any b!tching going on threw pm's or something.

I have made some great online friends threw here and dont wanna see anyone go
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:49 am

I doubt there any censored going on. Mind you I only PM'ed couple people since I joined. I was thinking about leaving and it was Michelle who talked to me in staying and now she leaving. Me not happy you didn't tell me first! Mind you we talk alot anyone.
chubbywife79

Postby electrongirl » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:12 pm

I understand why some people find the need to leave. I have felt the same many times.

Sadly in a group so diverse as ours there will always be people who feel left out and also people we don't get along with.

There are people on here that keep to their own "group" and sometimes that can be intimidating.

Also there are people who will only comment and read certain peoples threads and posts.

Don't let that get to you. There are so many wonderful people in this site. Sadly a few of them have left because of the things that have happened on here.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:21 pm

i have felt that too in the past. but you get that. i found that most people i leave comments for, reply to mine :) so i mean that makes sense right? friendships only work if both parties put in effort.

but i agree there are a few goups of people on here that tend to reply only to each other. but there are also a heap of super nice people :) (including people in those groups)

but yeah. sometimes u just...gotta break freeee

i left but had to come back :p i missed it
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:40 pm

Ah I dunno... This forum is a great support to me whether people are replying to my threads or not. I enjoy reading how people are going and what they're doing, and writing on my progress thread even if no one were to read it!
It's definitely true that the more you write on other people's threads, the more they write on yours!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:03 pm

Dont know about that

but lots of people are in hol mode... i know myself havnt posted much but still reading posts.
mimosa8

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:31 pm

This is the most supportive, friendly forum I've ever found online. It's hard to reply to all the threads though, and often I don't say anything because I figure it's all been said already, or the topic is in an area in which I have no expertise, so I can understand if people feel they're being ignored.

I'm going to make a bigger effort to join in on as many threads as possible. We all need support in our weight-loss journey so I want to do my bit in helping others. Especially since I've got so much support here in the short time I've been a member!

I'm hoping people stop leaving and that the ones who have left come back. This is a great place because of all the great people here.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubba momma » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm

i have dissaperred for a while, i still read through everyones progress and enjoy seeing everyone success but i was needed a break from it. Just my own pressure and stuff, nothing personal at all. I find thsi t be a very supportive and informative forum, and i would not lost teh weight i have s far without it. I just needed to go AWOl for a while to sort out my negativity
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:28 pm

I completely agree with Nikki & Rachel. I too have noticed the groups but I expected that in a forum !

I've been on other forums and this has got to be the most non judgemental and welcoming forum I have been a part of.

To all the beautiful people on here that I have met, thank you, to not only helping me on this journey through support but your friendship too :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby sassi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 am

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Ah I dunno... This forum is a great support to me whether people are replying to my threads or not. I enjoy reading how people are going and what they're doing, and writing on my progress thread even if no one were to read it!
It's definitely true that the more you write on other people's threads, the more they write on yours!
i totally agree. this is one of the friendliest forums i've ever seen! i'm kinda oblivious to groups - i'm off in my own little world!!

i read most threads but sometimes don't reply - i need to make more time to reply to threads i think! altho it is hard sometimes!!
sassi

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:04 am

I must be blind because I haven't even noticed any groups :? lol
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby milkyway » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:59 am

Fiona25 wrote:I must be blind because I haven't even noticed any groups :? lol

LOL - me too and I've been here for almost a year!!! hahaha

*buries head back in the sand*
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next