It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

Perth Support Group

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Perth Support Group

Postby Karma » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey all
I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of 'Weight Loss Support Groups' in Perth (preferably hills area) that -don't- require you signing up for some kind of food-plan. I want cooking ideas, but I don't want to have to buy a certain brand of food every day because the diet decrees it (thinking Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Terry Ferguson etc). I wouldn't mind something with a consultant to tell me what I should be doing food-wise and keeping an eye on me week-to-week, but I can't really afford much. If anyone knows of something like this, I'd be really appreciative.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCmINhO/]
[/url]

Postby Mandie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:10 am

Not that I know of.. except this forum! There's loads of good advice and recipes around, especially on the homepage (weightloss.com.au). You can check in with us weekly, daily, hourly, whenever you want! And we're free :)

Or you could see your GP and get a referral to a dietician - most will be covered by private health insurance. Or maybe a pharmacist?
Mandie

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:34 am

Weight Watchers doesn't tell you to buy any certain brand of food.

They teach you about making healthy lifestyle changes and offer fantastic support.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Rustie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am

I live in the hills hehe. I go to Amcal chemist in Forrestfield on Xndo.
Sounds all fancy. Cost me 20 to sign up with that they gave me a food diary and shake bottle. It doesnt cost me anything to weigh in every week. And you dont have to buy shakes if you dont want to. I find them good to have on hand if i need them.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Return to Just Chatting