It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Perth Support Group

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Perth Support Group

Postby Karma » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Hey all
I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of 'Weight Loss Support Groups' in Perth (preferably hills area) that -don't- require you signing up for some kind of food-plan. I want cooking ideas, but I don't want to have to buy a certain brand of food every day because the diet decrees it (thinking Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Terry Ferguson etc). I wouldn't mind something with a consultant to tell me what I should be doing food-wise and keeping an eye on me week-to-week, but I can't really afford much. If anyone knows of something like this, I'd be really appreciative.

Postby Mandie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:10 am

Not that I know of.. except this forum! There's loads of good advice and recipes around, especially on the homepage ( You can check in with us weekly, daily, hourly, whenever you want! And we're free :)

Or you could see your GP and get a referral to a dietician - most will be covered by private health insurance. Or maybe a pharmacist?

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:34 am

Weight Watchers doesn't tell you to buy any certain brand of food.

They teach you about making healthy lifestyle changes and offer fantastic support.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Rustie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am

I live in the hills hehe. I go to Amcal chemist in Forrestfield on Xndo.
Sounds all fancy. Cost me 20 to sign up with that they gave me a food diary and shake bottle. It doesnt cost me anything to weigh in every week. And you dont have to buy shakes if you dont want to. I find them good to have on hand if i need them.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg

Return to Just Chatting