It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

What do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What do you do for a living?

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 pm

I'm just interested to know what you all do for a living.

I have 3 small jobs.

1. Part time (well, casual really) vet nurse. I work weekly hours anywhere from 0-5-10-30 it just depends on how busy they are and if the full time nurses are going away or anything.

2. Horse riding coach. Just starting back up again after the big EI blow. It will be slow for another 12 months until its all under control though.

3. Own and run an online business which I only started in October last year.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:49 pm

I forgot to say that hubby is the main bread winner. He works on our farm, we have cattle and sheep, and he also works for another farmer 35-45hrs a week.

Because he works so hard (he literally works 12-15 hours all day everyday) I do all the cooking and cleaning.

Fiona25

Postby Juddy » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Currently starting my last year of my degree. Want to become a film director, but doing freelance videoing and editing in the mean time!
Juddy

Postby grugwashere » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:11 pm

I am an assistant client service manager at a commercial finance company... lots of fun
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm doing a PhD full-time and I'm also a freelance multimedia designer.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:04 pm

My position at work is called Open Call Co-ordinator/Office Administrator.

I am basically an Office Manager who also is in charge of our Techs open calls (jobs). Making sure they get jobs done in time etc.

The company I work for services all the Registers, LCD displays, eftpos machines, printers etc for McDOnalds, Big W, Woolies, IBM etc.

Its really cool because I run the whole place!! YAY!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm unemployed. 18 this month so I better get a job soon.

Dad has a Brick Paving business with his brother. GKA Brickpaving. They've won alot of awards over the years :D I'm quite proud of them.

Mum doesn't need to work but it gives her something to do. She works sorting mail at Australia Post casually which is good money.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:13 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:I'm doing a PhD full-time and I'm also a freelance multimedia designer.

Oh Wow! What are you studying?

Fiona25

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:52 pm

I am a childcare worker
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:24 pm

I work in a fresh pasta store in my local mall. We sell fresh pasta and sauces, and also already made up pasta/lasagna/cannelloni packs. And we can cook it up for people too, to have there or take away :) Oh, and we do coffee and garlic bread :)

I'm also a qualified Personal Trainer and Remedial Massage Therapist. I do a bit of massage at home but no PT at the moment.

And I'm hoping to get into Bachelor of Education (Secondary)/Bachelor of Health Sciences at uni to become a Health Education/PE teacher :)

Phewf!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby oostevens » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:25 pm

i'm just a receptionist at a place that sells and re manufactures ink/toner cartridges for fax machines, printers etc. We supply to coles, david jones, royal hobart hospital, Australia post, tafe, schools, dept education etc and anyone all over Australia. And we recycle for wildlife warriors. Imaging Technology Australia is where I work :)

wanted to be a vet nurse really bad when i finished school, but no one would take me on so i could do my tafe course :( tried doing it the uni way, but it was really crap and i was away from home and so i quit.

hubby is a web developer with a business and they are going really well. Big sites, like ones costing 10s of 1000's ha ha he is very talented and smart :)

we want to also start our own home business (on what...i dont know)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby shelbel » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:38 pm

I love getting to know you questions!! :D

Im a crematorium operator..... yes really.

I do the actual cremations, help the funeral director with funerals, look after the chapels we have, and loads of other things. I was a funeral director for 4 years before this so not such a stretch for me to work there! I did mortuary work, transfers, driving limos/hearses. Id really like to go back to doing mortuary work, but the money and perks are no where near what im getting now. Maybe when im rich and can work for the love of it! :roll: Im normal, i promise! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:31 pm

shelbel wrote:I love getting to know you questions!! :D

Im a crematorium operator..... yes really.

I do the actual cremations, help the funeral director with funerals, look after the chapels we have, and loads of other things. I was a funeral director for 4 years before this so not such a stretch for me to work there! I did mortuary work, transfers, driving limos/hearses. Id really like to go back to doing mortuary work, but the money and perks are no where near what im getting now. Maybe when im rich and can work for the love of it! :roll: Im normal, i promise! :D

Wow, Shel!!! That's a very different job!! Do you like your job!? Doesn't it ever creep you out??
zeedeveelgirl

Postby chubba momma » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:49 pm

I am a stay at home mum currently to Hannah who is 21/2 and Patrick who is 7 months next week. Before that i was a horticural trainess and then was dipping my feet into Floristry when i had Hannah.
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby SarahC » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Sounds scary, I couldn't imagine doing that!

I think I must work in a similar area... I'm the dead person!!! I sit at my desk all day, barely move, and have to remind myself to breathe :lol: (I'm an engineer in local government lol)

I also do casual waitressing work, which I love, but the pay isn't anywhere near my engineering/dead person's salary :(
SarahC

Next

Return to Just Chatting