It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

What do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mandie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:13 am

jewles - can i really get free boost? might take you up on that one day :P

i've waited 7 years (6 year course but i took a year break in the middle to travel) to say this...

I'M A DOCTOR! Hehehe :) I start tomorrow!
Mandie

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:39 am

Here's a downer, Im a Housekeeper at a Hotel on a golf course. I will never ever be a cleaner again.

Im hoping to get into Real Estate When andy and I move to queensland, I will also focus on finishing my schooling when we are settled, I left at the end of yr 11.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:59 am

Mandie wrote:jewles - can i really get free boost? might take you up on that one day :P

i've waited 7 years (6 year course but i took a year break in the middle to travel) to say this...

That must be sooooooooooo exciting for you Mandie! Its great to have a Doctor on the forum too :D

All the best for tomorrow, i'm sure you will do so great and will be one of those doctors with fantastic bedside manner :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby sassi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:56 am

mostly i post on this forum, but apart from that i'm in the marketing department of a law faculty of a uni here in melbourne :lol:

i'm not enjoying it though - changed from marketing manager for a software company last april & while the change was the right move, i don't think this job is for me.

what i'd really like to do is set up my own consultancy and work from home. i just need to work out how to make it happen!
sassi

Postby JL77 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:19 am

Fiona25 wrote:
Mandie wrote:jewles - can i really get free boost? might take you up on that one day :P

That must be sooooooooooo exciting for you Mandie! Its great to have a Doctor on the forum too :D

All the best for tomorrow, i'm sure you will do so great and will be one of those doctors with fantastic bedside manner :)

wow good on you, you must be so exited. Have a great day
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am

Fiona25 wrote:
EvilWombatQueen wrote:I'm doing a PhD full-time and I'm also a freelance multimedia designer.

Oh Wow! What are you studying?

I'm doing my PhD in Design Research. My specific area is virtual heritage, which is basically the digital re-creation, documentation and dissemination of cultural heritage sites and objects. I've still got two years to go but it's pretty interesting so far!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:21 am

Mandie wrote:

Congratulations Doctor Mandie! I hope your first day goes really well! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Gal Friday » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:37 am

Congratulations Mandie! How exciting!

I love the variety of jobs and careers that people on here have!

I run a Young Carers program in Canberra. Working with young people up the age of 25 who care or help care for a parent or sibling with a disability, illness, mental illness... I provide flexible respite options, help organise things with schools and provide support around education... plus a bunch of other stuff!
Gal Friday

Postby Jisgone » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:56 pm

haha of course u can!! only if its a healthy one tho hehe
its on rokeby rd across from dome
Jisgone

Postby jodie259 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:28 am

I'm a beauty therapist - and until recently I've owned a beauty salon/day spa for 15 years. But I've had two kids in 18 months and running a salon was just too much work. So I sold it (yay!!).

My full time job at the moment is "mummy"....

but I also have an online business that sells skincare products from Israel (Ahava)... if anyone wants to know more, please send me a PM.

I have a few other options up my sleeve for future business opportunities (working from home)... but right now, I'm flat out and sleepless... so I'm not taking on any more until I have some "spare" time.

My husband installs security alarm systems, CCTVs etc. If anyone is in Melbourne and wants an alarm... let me know, and we can do you a good price :wink:
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:31 am

Full time Mummy... Amethyst 3 and Promise 5 months, i also have a big boy at school. I'm currently studying Admin...Just to set me up for employment in July... but when my daughter is about 2 or 3, My plan is to study midwifery ......
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby Jane85 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:26 am

I do data entry/sales service for a large meat pie factory, where the pie warmer is going 24/7 :( Haven't had one for ages though :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEuhBwI/]
[/url]
Jane85

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:53 pm

Im a full time uni student studying history , A mummy to graeme 4 ( starts kindegarten this year ) and mikayla 11 , Also about to start voluteer work at a National Trust House in the next couple of weeks
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Sarah81 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm

I work as a personal assistant within a large pharmaceuticals company in Melbourne. I have been here for about 6 months and previously i was in Real Estate. Leaving that was the best thing i ever did.

I am also studying a Bachelor in Health Science in Nutritional Medicine and i am loving doing that.

My fiance is a builder and runs his own company.
SW: 142.8kg
CW: 102.3kg
GW: 68.0kg (Completion date aim Aug 08 )
Sarah81

Postby prettytigerlily » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:47 am

I'm an artist I will say thats my part time job. But I think and will always say and think my full-time job is a mum i think its the best job in the world, and would never change it.

:D Tanja
SW: 126 kgs
CW: 122.8 kgs
GW: 60 kgs

Mini Goal: 110 kgs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wc8e5qA/]
[/url]
prettytigerlily

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting