It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Free Newsletter

What do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Im an Employment Consultant for a Job Network Agency. I left Centrelink to come here and that was NOT a good move. Really hating it.

Looking for a new job.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:46 pm

I am a Media Planner/Buyer in an Advertising Agency.

Its pretty interesting, i love what I do! I am so lucky to get this job straight out of school. Im being paid for my age at the moment (19, and shiiiiit money) but i get sooo much experience.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:46 pm

wow...i am feeling like a bit of a bum :( i do boring basic receptionist stuff, i want a career or a job that requires me to study :(
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:09 pm

oostevens wrote:wow...i am feeling like a bit of a bum :( i do boring basic receptionist stuff, i want a career or a job that requires me to study :(

You're still young! Being a receptionist is a great basis for gaining all sorts of skills. I worked in administration and as a receptionist for years before going back to uni to study design. It was the years in administration that gave me good time management and organisational skills and my experience as a receptionist that made me happy to approach new clients over the phone. Both of which are vital now for my design work and post-grad studies!

You could talk to your boss about possibilities for training within your workplace or look at short evening courses available at your local TAFE. If there's another area you are interested in exploring you're in a great position to study in the evenings or online to gain new qualifications! While I was a receptionist, before I decided to go back and study design, I even studied theatre in the evenings for two years!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sarrah » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:16 pm

I am an insurance broker, dealing with professional risks.
hello.curves - my blog
Sarrah

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm

I've just started my first profession job after finishing my degree last year.

I'm a Human Resource Officer :D

I got to interview someone today hehehe it was so much fun :P

Prior to this I did I did different jobs.

At the tender age of 16 I started out at McDonalds, then moved on to Esprit, David Lawrence, worked as a Secretary, Promotional gal (this was fun alcohol promos, cosmetic promos, some leafleting for golden casket, I even did mascot work hehehe) and my final job before I started where I am now was as a receptionist - boy am I glad to be out of that :lol: :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby electrongirl » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:13 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:I've just started my first profession job after finishing my degree last year.

At the tender age of 16 I started out at McDonalds, then moved on to Esprit, David Lawrence, worked as a Secretary, Promotional gal (this was fun alcohol promos, cosmetic promos, some leafleting for golden casket, I even did mascot work hehehe) and my final job before I started where I am now was as a receptionist - boy am I glad to be out of that :lol: :lol:

oohh when you worked for Golden Casket was it under Tattersalls then?? Only asking cause the company I work for are part of Tattersalls
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby carls » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:18 pm

im a primary school teacher!
Image[/url]
carls

Postby jess_jess » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:45 pm

im a visual artist and make-up artist :) also starting uni in feb to become a visual arts teacher (hopefully!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVqTvk/]
[/url]
jess_jess

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 am

electrongirl wrote:
HappyBella55 wrote:I've just started my first profession job after finishing my degree last year.

oohh when you worked for Golden Casket was it under Tattersalls then?? Only asking cause the company I work for are part of Tattersalls

Nope I worked for DMC Promotions.

I was one of those people you see standing around train stations and Malls wearing a white t-shirt with the Golden Casket Logo and black pants handing out leaflets promoting a mega draw :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby kittykat84 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm a Registered Nurse, working in Paediatrics/Orthopaedics. Next year I am going back to uni to study midwifery!!
kittykat84

Postby matchbox » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:26 pm

i study full time - forensics/biomedical science/molecular biology/criminology :P LOL. i also work casually at Prouds the jewellers :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby shelbel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Wow Lexi that sounds so interesting!! How far in are you? and How long left? Are you enjoying it?

I always wanted to do forensic photography, but then again, im weird, look at what i do! Haha
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby matchbox » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 pm

LOL shel - photography would be awesome! i no, i'm weird haha, but seriously, i think it would be cool. i've gone 2 years and got 3 more to go - if i don't fail any more units :roll: i swear its gonna take me 10 years to finish this!! :roll: yeah i love it, i mean apart from the chemistry :P lol.

i think what you do is pretty cool! in a gross way of course haha. must be pretty interesting though!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby shelbel » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:15 pm

*warning, post contains stuff people with weak tummies best not read!*

yeah i know what you mean, its gross but really interesting! Id love to get back into the mortuary, but it just doesnt pay well enough! Boy ive seen and smelt things you wouldnt believe!!!

Have you done a tour of the state mort yet? i did one about 2 years ago where they into all forensic stuff and how they solve murders and that, really interesting. Heaps of pics! :shock: I know alot of the guys there who do the autopsys from when i used to collect the bodies. Its amzing how some people die!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting