It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Just saw a photo..

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Just saw a photo..

Postby Mish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm

.. taken at my work Christmas party. I know I have to lose weight and I have started my journey but I didn't realise how bad I looked instead of a plumpy chubby I look swollen and my double chin appears to be a michelin man roll. I think it was seeing this gave me a little more adrenalin to work a little harder at my daily exercise.

Ever had one of these double-take moments?
mish xx

Mish

Postby Mish » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 pm

Just venting my shock!! Didn't know quite how to word it and reading back it reads a little bad...
mish xx

Mish

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh yeah I have this everytime I get pickies taken of me.

I hate photos being taken of me cos it shows just how fat I am :(

But it definitely fuels the fire to get us moving.

G'luck with your progress :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

It was a photo like that that prompted my weight loss! I thought I looked great when I was at my sister's wedding. Then I saw the photos. I had no idea I'd gained that much weight over the years. :shock:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Misstoodles » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:47 pm

:( Yeah. I'm trying to just live with it now. Before I would get stressed when someone would pull out a camera, but now I just try and act my usual self and have fun. I've actually noticed I look better in the pictures if I do. Still, whenever I see a picture of me I think geez, where did I lose the fat?:S
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby grugwashere » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:17 am

That happened to me at my cousins wedding, and my 18th and my graduation adn nealry ever other photo taken before i lost some weight... here i am thinking wow this photo is going to be great and then when i see them, i am huge :(
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:36 pm

grugwashere wrote:That happened to me at my cousins wedding, and my 18th and my graduation adn nealry ever other photo taken before i lost some weight... here i am thinking wow this photo is going to be great and then when i see them, i am huge :(

Oh god, I know exactly what you mean! I was so looking forward to seeing the photos from my sister's wedding. When I actually saw them I just wanted to cry! I desperately tried to lose weight after that, but being in my Honours year of my undergrad degree I had little time to devote to the task. I thought I'd lost a decent amount of weight until I saw the graduation photos. Eek!

Now I have a well developed phobia of cameras. I wanted to find a digital photo to put up of me in the before and after section, but they're all head shots because I spent the last two years too embarrassed to allow a full-body shot!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Just Chatting