It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:27 am

Free Newsletter

counselling

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

counselling

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:31 pm

well I think I might need it. Maybe I have needed it for a long time. The reason why I say this is because I am such a negative person, so much its making me insane. Things in life worry me to much and I am always thinking about certain things.
I find that I make all these plans. for example my weight and diets, work, courses etc and I never go threw with any of it. Then I spent the next few weeks really down about it and hating myself for not doing something about my life.

For years I have wanted to move out if sydney, and to get out of childcare but guess what I am still here and still in childcare. I talk about leaving work all time time and doing different things in my life but I am so stuck and I dont know what the hell I want to do with it.
I also talk about doing ebay all the time but never have gotten off my big fat bum to do anything about it.

I know in a few months we are going to try to start a family but thats the only positive thing I am feeling.

In the end i think I might be just the type of person who has all the idea's but doesnt wanna work hard towards making the ideas come true. I am such a lazy lazy lazy girl hey.

Is this normal or am I like having a breakdown or something?
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby Mummyof3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Jez,

I bet it's some sort of breakdown, I remember feeling the exact way you do, when my youngest son was born, I went to the doc's and apparently I had postnatal depression, I believe the state of your mind is the state of your life, and you hit it on the spot, "negativity" it really doesn't help ay!

try to be positive, there is always a bright side, always... I know easier said then done, but be strong and try not to allow your negativity to get the better of you!!! You can do it!!! :D Us ladies are stronger then we really think, Just push through, get into affirmations and just believe that things will be in order, and decisions will be made as well as action taking place....

Councelling would be a good start.....I am hoping the best for you :D

Catherine
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby Mummyof3 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:26 pm

I believe the state of your mind is the state of your life,
okay, it's the other way around, The state of your life is the state of your mind :lol: Yeah sorry about that I've always been a bit backwards!!! :lol:
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey Jez, sorry to hear you're feeling so down. You've had a lot going on lately which is sure to play havoc on your emotions - like giving up smoking!

I reckon you should go and visit your GP, talk to him/her and get a referral to see a counsellor, hopefully one that will bulk bill you. Sometimes just offloading onto a stranger who can help put things into perspective.

*hugs*
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JL77 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 pm

well I feel abit better since writing to you guys. I posted on ebay which is a start and i have decided to do the cert 3 in business studies, this way I have another qualification to fall back on and even if I dont use it I am sure the pc skills etc will come in handy in life. I could even get a part time data entry job working from home or something, seeming my hubby works 2 jobs I may as well help out to, but i wont be doing this for a while as I just recently started a new job and they told me the wrong pay rate and I am getting 100.00 less a week which to us is alot of money :oops: so much for good government jobs hey !!!!
I really really wanted to do animal studies but I read up on it today and it says if you have any allergies its not the best option to work in so I kinda thought well my animals are my life and I have a big heart towards them so I am happy to maybe just start up a pet minding business like wakling etc down the track.
And with my weight, well I have come to realise its going to be a long journey but if I put in head into gear and start excersisng then it will be ok, i will lose some. It doesnt happen over night.
JEZ

28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby JP1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:18 pm

hi Jez... sorry to hear you have been feeling down... hope you are feeling better real soon :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Mish » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi Jez,
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}
I hear you and boy does what you describe sounds familar. I found writing in my journal helps but am considering talking to someone as well. Hope everything improves for - keep smiling.
mish xx

Mish

Postby Fireball » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 am

Hey Jez sorry you've been feeling down. Most people go through it a bit sometimes but if it keeps up it may be worth considering counselling. What you described about your job is very common. Most people work in jobs that they don't really like which is a real pity, especially as we spend so much time at work. But don't be too tough on yourself, it can be hard on top of your usual routine to find the time and emotional energy to do more, that is why people get in a rut. It is great that you have made a decison about how you can move on from your current position. If you want to change, try looking at your self talk. How we talk to ourslef can have a big impact on our self esteem. Try being nice to yourself instead of describing yourself as lazy. :( say, "Wow I'm proud of myself. I'm on the move doing things to improve my life" 8)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby SarahC » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Jez, you sound very normal to me!! So many people feel as though they are stuck in their lives. As well as counselling, maybe consider coaching. A coach would help you to get really clear on your goals, set a plan of action for achieving them, and hold you accountable for following through! Only thing is that it can be pretty expensive, which is why I haven't tried it yet, although I would love to! I have found a few personal development seminars to be excellent. The Breakthrough to Success seminars are coming up in the next month or so, and that's for free. I'm going for my third time :) I think I posted info in the "lifestyle talk" section some time ago...
SarahC

Postby JL77 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:30 pm

After having a huge fight with hubby last night I am feeling so more relived and so much more at ease. Thankfully everything is ok between us but I think I just needed a huge fight to relieve some of my pressure lol. Him included.

I have started ebay and LOVING it, even if things are selling as high as I like, well its a start and I am enjoying it so yeah its all good.

work was ok today, so thats good. I am so happy I have cheered up :D

Thanks for all your kind wishes.
JEZ

28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Return to Just Chatting