It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

the pill

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

the pill

Postby candycane » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:43 am

ok who knows anything about the pill? Because i just started takeing it, and i swear it combined with my period has turned me into a monster! i am usually incredibly hormonal at my period time anyway (massive mood swings, depressed, happy, angry) but this times by 10 LOL. Its really bad, all i wanna do is eat chips, and yell at people or cry haha.

anyone else experience weird things? My bestfriend rekons its normal
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:51 am

Ew sounds awful! I can't take them... I just throw them back up again :roll:
SarahC

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:56 am

lots of people experience the pill in different ways - sounds like this one doesn't entirely agree with you! i'd test it out for the rest of the month, and then if it is still having the same effects, see your gp. there are loads of brands and formulations of the pill and it can take a few tries to get the right one for you!

my pill is awesome, i dont have any mood swings or anything :)
Mandie

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:49 pm

yeah as mandie said it takes a few soemtimes to figure out which works best with you. i was on 3 diff types before i stopped (to try for a baby).

just continue the pack till the month is over and then see your doc and mention all the areas it affected you negatively. they will prolly try u on a different one with less of one hormone and maybe more of another etc

the pill is great! wish i didnt have to come off to get preg :p

but yeah your body has to get use to a pill that controls your hormones so most take a lil bit of adjusting :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby emmaline » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:24 pm

Yeah I find that different pills can have completely different side effects depending on the person

I'm on Diane 35 (actually on the generic Estelle!) and I put on a lot of weight at first. Had CRAZY sensitive boobs too!
But I think I was pretty moody to begin with so no one noticed as massive change!
If anything it helps me control my period and pain, which is less likely to make me the crazy cow I often become! :)
emmaline

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:30 am

I hate the pill and have had some many problems with it. Having sadi that I must take something otherwise babies might come to soon in my life.

I was taking Brenda 35 and lasted only a week on that I was dizzy and not feeling myself for the whole time. I then changed to a mini pill Loette which has been working a treat for me, no side effects and periods when they should be.

In 2006 I was given Depro Vera injection and found that to be a massive mistake and i gained nearly 15 kilos from that while excerise and diet where strict.

So sticking to this pill for me :? But every woman is different and going to a Gyno or GP always puts my mind at rest with any questions I have.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Re: the pill

Postby Nikerz82 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:55 am

Im going to my doc next week to get on the pill, I only plan to take it for two months leading up to bali just so I can skip my period, I mean can you imagine anything worse, im only going to Bali for 12 days and If I get my period I'll have them for 7 of it, fark that.

I dont need the whole contraception side of it, I cant get pregnant without medical intervention so I only want the pill so I know when its coming and can skip when I need to. naughty I know, but oh well ya get that lol.

can anyone suggest a very gentle one, I already suffer mood swings being a PCOS'er.
Nikerz82

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Best pill that works for me because im Borderline PCOS is Loette it is very light and not as strong as the others. Its called a mini pill. See if you can get that.... i cant take the normal stuff makes me dizzy and no myself.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby emmaline » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Hmm I've had both Yasmin and Diane-35.
If you're only using it for 2 months, Yasmin will probably do the job.
Long term, I sometimes spotted when I skipped periods on Yasmin.
But its called the "skinny" pill and you won't retain water like on Diane 35

I stay on Diane 35 (or Estelle for the generic!) because it is the most consistent and I don't often bleed through
But it is said to retain fluid...

I'm sure your doc can suggest a good one if not!
emmaline

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:30 pm

Tummygirl wrote:Best pill that works for me because im Borderline PCOS is Loette it is very light and not as strong as the others. Its called a mini pill. See if you can get that.... i cant take the normal stuff makes me dizzy and no myself.

Sorry but does the Mini Pill still protect against pregnancy? I was always confused what the mini pill actually did.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:42 pm

The mini pill is the same as the normal pill but you need to take it at the same time each day otherwise it wont work. Its is a lower dose. MY gyno recommended it for me because of PCOS to regulate me. I was on the mini before i learnt about PCOS because a full strength pill made me feel terrible and my body kept rejecting it. With any pill though you should always ask your own doctor first because they know you the best and whats right for you.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby sassi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:13 am

emmaline wrote:
I stay on Diane 35 (or Estelle for the generic!) because it is the most consistent and I don't often bleed through
But it is said to retain fluid...

I'm sure your doc can suggest a good one if not!

really? i'd never heard that & i've been on diane for about 3 years (or estelle lol). i wonder if that affects weight loss at all? or maybe a combination of that & now fast approaching my 34th birthday makes it more difficult to lose weight than it used to be?

or maybe i'm just make excuses :lol:

either way, it has helped my skin :D
sassi

Postby shelbel » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Ive praised and talked this up before i know, but you should really ask your doctor about the nova ring. Its as effective as the pill in terms of preventive measures, and you can still skip your monthlies if you choose to. Also it has different hormoney things in it, so ive found my moods to be alot better then on the pill or implanon (whcih i was a right cow on!) The only downside is at first its a little tricky to put in, but once you get the hang of it, its great! I'll never go back to the pill now! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Nikerz82 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Some good advice there ladies, Thanks for all of that. I have an appointment on the 5th so I'll chat over a few of the ones you've suggested.

Cheers! :D

Ps - Last time I was looking into Birth Control my obgyn suggested the Mirina device which is an IUC, anyone know much on these? apparently after about 10 months they stop your periods completly and last up to 5 years?
Nikerz82

Postby Shay » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:30 pm

I've been on Diane for about half a year now, haven't had a single side effect thank God! The only think I can think of was I went from a B cup to a C cup.
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Next

Return to Just Chatting