It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

I'm getting outta here!!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:03 am

That's exactly it :D My last job I just sat there most of the time trying to look busy so I know how torturous it is!!!
Yay, a clean desk :D A new start! Enjoy :D How long is it for?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chelle » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:57 pm

Congrats Sarah bonus walking distance to home, how's the new kitten going???
Chelle

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks! The kitten's off to the vet next week to be speyed. She's such a naughty little brat, so I'm looking forward to some "quiet time" while she recovers!

"New job" going along alright, settling in. It's for at least the next three months, but possibly up to 12 (if I last that long!) :shock: Walking is good.... but monthly meetings at which a pizza lunch is provided will be a problem lol. At this stage, I'm trying to figure out how to politely decline the pizza :? (any suggestions welcome!) And, I'm right next to the toilet too... so my walking to and from the toilet has been reduced dramatically (70 steps, down to about 10 at the most, at least 8 times a day, you do the math)! That was some pretty good excercise :(
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:26 pm

At least your walking to work which makes up for the low step count to the toilet. Hang in there you will settle in soon.

Poor little kitten, you'll deffinately get a few days of quite time.
Chelle

Re: I'm getting outta here!!!!

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:27 am

Lol, I didn't get any time off... the silly cat was right back to behaving like a maniac as soon as she got home from the surgery. Crazy little thing!!!!

Anyway, just wanted to bump up this thread and have a whinge about my "new job". As some ppl may know, I have been having an awful time trying to get myself to make phone calls. The boss was at me, once or twice each day to see how I was going with them, and I had to keep telling him that I hadn't done it yet.... a few days I ended up spending significant amounts of time in the bathroom in tears. Was horrible!!! So, I eventually caved and had to take a day off sick, and I ended up being able to make a couple of calls while I was home. Thank god, I was quite pleased with myself after that!

But, no matter how hard you try, your best is never good enough :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yesterday afternoon, I get a call from the HR manager, and I'm called into her office for a meeting! After my giant effort, getting up the courage to make the calls, my boss has gone to her to raise his "concern" that I might not be performing all that well in my job - because it took like two weeks to get the calls made (personally, I'm quite pleased that it took ONLY two weeks, but anyway :roll: ) and because I made the calls while I was at home sick.

:evil: :evil: :evil: I was in her office for almost an hour, bawling my stupid eyes out, so embarassing!! Apparently, they want to know what they can do to help me to be successful... :roll: Get off my back would be a start!!!! :evil:

I wasn't too concerned about it last night, but I think it's sunk in now I've slept on it, and it's hit me with full force this morning. God I am LIVID!!! Not just a little annoyed, or angry.... :evil:

Don't know, I put in so much stress over this, I made myself SICK... and this is the thanks I get!!!!! I wish they'd just fire me and put me out of my misery :evil:

GRRRRRR :evil: :(
SarahC

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:17 pm

hey sarah, sorry if you have already answered this but what calls do you have to make at work? I know what you mean about your job making you sick...I work in advertising, and I am so not a sales person. I hate having to ring around and try and sell advertising. Someone actually came in this morning and abused the crap out of me because their ad said wedneday and not Thursday, but THEY PROOFED AND OK'D IT. She then went on to abuse me over the photo that went with the ad (this is all valentines day advertising, the photo is FREE) When I went to her business, no one would be in the photo with some flowers or anything, so I had to take photo's of stuffed toys and balloons agains a brick wall...She went off because there was a brick wall in the photo and made out like it was my fault and not her dumb sisters (who was in the store at the time). I cried in the toilet for ages, but the other workers kind of tell me to get over it. It sucks, because even though I didn't pick up on the ad mistake, the person who proofs the paper should have...but im the one that cops it!!!...
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Sarah and Tam, I'm so sorry those people treated you so poorly at work. Work is bad enough when it's good, when there's added stress it's a nightmare. I really hope that things pick up for you both and you don't have to deal with any more idiots in the next few weeks!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Argh, Tam, that must have been so frustrating, taking the blame for someone else's mistake :shock: Hope you are feeling a bit better this afternoon. I would have cried too!!!

Phone calls... I am supposed to be finding out who is responsible for looking after each of the 250 bridges that are in our council area (I work for local council). I have to call up like Vicroads, Melbourne water etc, and see if I can find out which ones they think they are responsible for. Basically. It's awful because I've been here for nearly three years and I've never had to make an external phone call yet (well, except for personal reasons, but that doens't count lol), and I really don't feel confident talking about the things I need to talk about... :(

I've decided to go on strike today. I arrived 45 minutes late, just took an hour long lunch (supposed to be only half an hour) and have been reading my fitness ebooks and this forum all day :twisted: Picked up an unreal pair of pants for the gym at lunctime as well, only $13, can't wait to try them out :D
SarahC

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:58 pm

good for you girl!!! Im doing the same thing! (with the slacking off...think I might leave early as well!). Well done with the gym pants btw, i love a bargain :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Far out, Sarah!!! That's insane, I don't blame you for going on strike!!! Well done on the gym pants-buying, by the way!! What a score!! Why does Melbourne have so many more bargains than Adelaide!??! More expensive, my a$$! hahah :P Sorry, I'll get over this 'I wanna go back to Melbourne' thing soon enough :P
So have they said anything to you about your 'strike'? Have they noticed? Knowing managers, they are too busy going to play golf and going to 'business' lunches. That was what my old boss used to do anyway :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 pm

Lol, this is the first day since I've been here that my boss has not come to check on me *touch wood* (there's still an hour to go). Maybe I have a look that just says "steer clear"... or maybe he knows what happened yesterday and is too gutless to come talk to me about it. Tell you what, I was ready to give him a piece of my mind this morning.... there was a meeting on this morning that I was meant to go to but didn't, for that reason... I was too mad!!

If he does come to check on me I won't be shy in telling him exactly why I've achieved nothing today!
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Hahah oooh Sarah's on the warpath - watch out!! I wouldn't want to be him when he finally catches up with you! It does sound like he knows what went on yesterday and is keeping away!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby sassi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 am

hey sarah...sorry to hear that work is still being horrible. i think it sounds incredibly immature of your boss to go straight to HR without speaking to you first to see if there was a reason you weren't making the calls as quickly as he expected & if there was a problem to try and work out how to get round it.

tam - that's ridiculous of her to be mad at you. i work kind of on the other side - in marketing - and i know it's my responsibility to make sure everything's right before it goes out. it's me who signs it off, not anyone else so if there's a mistake - it's mine!
sassi

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:11 am

Update time!!!

Ok, so it did get outta here..... but now I'm back :shock:

I just sat down to my desk, Tuesday last week, after being at the seminar in Sydney all weekend. And my "old" boss comes to my desk wanting to speak to me in private :shock: Apparently the *jerk* (sorry did I say that out loud lol) that I was working for had some problem with me, and wanted me gone! What really peeves me is that, instead of actually talking to me about it, so that I have a chance to DO something about it, he went straight to my old boss and let him deal with the whole thing!!! :evil: It makes me so mad thinking about it. I really stretched myself, made myself physically ill over those phone calls... and it's like my best is never good enough. And he can't even give me the respect to kick me out of there himself, or at least have an adult conversation about whatever bee he had in his bonnet!

Anyway, I was packed up and out of there within an hour, and now I'm back where I started from :roll:

AND the story doesn't end there. I have been doing some volunteer work at a place I would really like to work at. The lady that was looking after me at that place got pregnant and had to go on maternity leave. They told me I should apply for her position, which I did. The application took FOREVER! And I got an interview for it as well.

So, as I'm packing up to leave for Sydney, they called me up to tell me I didn't get the job! :evil:

Unbelievable! I can't help thinking... if I can't get THAT job, having worked there for however long, then what hope do I ever have of ever getting offered anything. There's no point even applying!!!!!

So yeah, I've got my hands up in the air on this. The only good thing is that I went to Sydney all fired up and determined to make a go of it.... and it probably fuelled me along to make the decision to go to the USA. Thank goodness I made the decision! :shock:
SarahC

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:05 am

Sarah dont be too hard on yourself for not getting the job. Often the best person doenst. There is a myriad of reasons why you may have missed out, eg. the bosses next door neighbour's cousin needed a job. hehe crazy but happens all too often. If you keep up your efforts and aim to improve your performance by increasing your job interview skills your luck will turn. good Luck

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

PreviousNext

Return to Just Chatting