It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Free Newsletter

any ideas for a 1st birthday party

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

any ideas for a 1st birthday party

Postby Mummyof3 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:06 pm

I am wanting to plan for my daughters 1st birthday, well actually she is going to have a combine one with my 2 nieces, the 3 of them were just born weeks apart from each other,

It's a bit hard cause being only 1, they cant really do much, but I would love something pretty, like maybe a fairy party or something along the lines!

Any idea's! Anyone....
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby serendipity » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:51 pm

My personal opinion is to have a big relaxed family get together. At the age of 1, like you said there really isnt alot the children can do. I would dress her in a fairy costume complete with wings, tiara and wand but have the decorations as balloons and streamers. Anything too fancy and your littlen might be overwhemled or not interested which in turn will stress you and make you feel you have put in the effort for nothing. I'm talking from experience with my 1st child :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wliAkne/]
[/url]
serendipity

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:40 pm

1 is such a great age!

Good idea Serendipity. Do be aware that the little one will probably feel a bit daunted. Even with just family members my usually outgoing grandson looked a little overwhelmed. My daughter went to such pains over planning the meal etc but at that age baby isnt fussed so don't stress yourself about it too much. Relax and have fun, that's what your baby would prefer - a nice happy cuddly Mum. :)

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Casual BBQs are great this time of year and the kids can get messy and u can relax a little without all the fuss . My son had one for his 1st bday and it was realaxing as we only have a small family . Be sure to take lots of pics hehehe then u can show them on ther 18th or 21st :lol:
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Mummyof3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Hey all, yeah i geuss Ive just been thinking way too hard about this birthday lol, I'm going to take it easy.... bar b sounds good actually, I dont know, i'll let you all know what I decide in the end when the time comes close.

My sister n law, really p%$$ed me off the other week. I asked her what we going to do for the girls 1st birthday, and she just turned around bluntly and said, "she is going to have her own 1st" I then said that we can have our little own ones but it would be nice to have a birthday for all of them together, she then agreed half heartedly, (I could tell) then she said that she wanted to have Journey's one on her own because her family wont come if we have the 3 of them together, :roll: :twisted: anyway i then said that I was thinking about hiring out a hall, with like clowns and jumping castles and a farm, but then the dry as chick - like she is, says that she was thinking something like Mc Donalds!!! lol honeslty she drives me nuts.... I'm just leaving her anyhow, It is her and my brothers first child, so yeah I geuss she wants the big bash, which I have come to terms with being cool 8) :lol:

Mummyof3

Postby JL77 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:18 pm

How many people are you inspecting to invite? I think a barb b (love the way you spelt it lol) sounds like a great idea. That way to adults can have a relaxing time and have a nice afternoon/ night and the chn can run around and do as they please with each other.

I think a patting farm sounds like fun. How old are the chn coming?

I ask this because speaking as a childacre worker who is in charge of the baby room lol and NOT a parent, I think if its only 1 - 2 year olds coming then they proberly wouldnt really understand the idea of the day, if ya get what I mean.

I dont mean to sound rude or bring your idea down at all though...
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Re: any ideas for a 1st birthday party

Postby JP1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:04 pm

Mummyof3 wrote: Any idea's! Anyone....

dummies at two paces? :wink: just kidding... have fun..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Mummyof3 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:38 pm

age would average like a bout 1-8 years old, yeah my girl wont even know really whats happening, I'm thinking of just having a dinner party now, saves alot of hassle as well as money, , with or without the other 2, I might just take a family trip as well to butterfly creek, so then Promise can look at the butterflies..

Mummyof3

Postby Chelle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:02 pm

For a one year old you dont have to do much they would't remember!! Dinner party sounds alot less hassle with organizing & most likely cost less too. It is a wonderfull milestone in there life enjoy the day & dont plan too much where you run off your feet & miss out!!
Chelle

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:01 pm

For a one year old you dont have to do much they would't remember!! Dinner party sounds alot less hassle with organizing & most likely cost less too. It is a wonderfull milestone in there life enjoy the day & dont plan too much where you run off your feet & miss out!!
thanks for that chelle, so true aye :D

Mummyof3

Re: any ideas for a 1st birthday party

Postby Chelle » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:34 pm

Have you decided on what you are going to do for your little one & when is it???
Chelle

Return to Just Chatting