It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

I have never been this mad!!!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I have never been this mad!!!

Postby Juddy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:22 am

So I've decided to have some diet lemonade to drink while working late at night so I can get to sleep.

Usually I'd have Solo The Sub but these cheap Coles diet drinks are... well.. cheap... and drinkable! So I bought some.

Here I was sipping away, not really paying attention to what I was drinking until I felt weird. Not sleepy or tired and my sensitive tooth was getting sore.

Yep, it was the full-on sugar version - someone had put it on the wrong shelf amongst the diet ones and I hadn't noticed because their labels are EXACTLY the same except for small "diet" print that had been whacked on.

I got through half, which is about 80grams of sugar. Might as well have had the chocolate, the milo and spooned a few teaspoons of sugar this afternoon while I was resisting them all.

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 am

How frustrating for you! :x I can think of better ways to spend those kJ too.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:35 am

:( That sucks big time. But at least you know you weren't caving in and you only accidently consumed the calories!

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:46 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr very annoying :x It would hardly have done any harm to your near perfected body :D but how frustrating none the less, + you had to feel like crap from the big sugar hit - not fair!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:44 am

Argh don't you hate it when that happens, it is soooo frustrating!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:55 am

GRRRRRRRRRRR i hate that when im shopping . Its a pet hate
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Gal Friday » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Why are you having it anyway if you want to go to sleep? Their is caffeine in most soft drinks (including diet) isnt there? I know Sprite has it!
Gal Friday

Postby Nikerz82 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:30 pm

its the little things like that that irk you the most, specially like you said when you could have consumed the cals and all that sugar on something much more statisfying.

thats sucks!

Postby Juddy » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks for the support guys, haha!

I was pretty angry, so today I've been extra good to make up for it - high protein meal supplement shake, water, tuna and small bag of nut mix.

Haha, thanks Fiona, but I haven't been as good lately - so not really near perfected yet :P
I have had a busted knee and haven't gone for my run for 2 weeks - BUT NO EXCUSE! I've had it, time for knee braces, I'll run like Forrest if I have to!

Return to Just Chatting