It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm seeing a ghost

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm seeing a ghost

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm

when I was 13 years old, yes 13 years old :lol: I use to go out with this 16 year old guy, who had a car, even though I was 13 I was very mature for my age.
Anyway his name was Daniel, he use to pick me up, we use to cruise, and he was just real cool, I use to spend heaps of time with him in the weekend.

One saturday morning, we picked up my cousin louise and Daniels brother Michael, they were both an item and then we picked up our other cousin Kareva, there was five of us and we went crusing to the beach. this commodore started dragging with us, and daniel then started his game, It really was crazy when I think about it now. Daniel took a sharp right bend it's only 65km/speed, and he took it at 160km...We crashed down a ditch, car tumbled and tumbled I still remained in the car, in the same position but just up side down, Louise, Daniel, Michael and Kareva were meters away, thrown out of the car, during the crash. Any way My cousin Kareva, died and so did Daniel.

The reason why I have just briefly explained the above is because almost 15 years later, I have bumped into his family, as you may know, Jon has been in hospital and the room across him is a man in there with the last name Isaaka, which is daniels last name, anyway I dont know them in paticular, but I know that they are his nephews, I saw daniels mum sadly I have just avoided her, I have my reasons.... but one of the guys that go and visit this Mr Isaaka, looks like Daniel a split image. Daniel was the youngest child of about 15 kids and so he had nephews that were only like 5 years younger them him..

I've explained all this because since Jon has been in hospital it's just been weird, like Jon knows who the family is in the room across from us, when we past these blokes in the corridor, I get this real strange feeling, to make it worse, I told Jon that the dude looks exactly like Daniel... but to me it's like the past just came rushing back, (daniels ghost) he's right in my face, each time I go to the hospital to visit Jon. I even dreamed the other night about daniel...couldn't remember the dream at all, but just to dream of him is freaky in it self, cause I only dreamed once of him not long after his funeral and that was that...

I just needed to get this off my chest, it's been so many years ago, hopefully this will help to release whatever I need to let go off, If anything.

I sort of feel like I didn't really give the situation time to recover, I had this bad accident losing my first boyfriend and then straight after that, my teenage life was pretty much over, I just lived way to fast and advance, if you know what I mean... party party hard, was me....

Anyway all, thanks for reading if you read this far :lol: You guys are so 8) For real, thanks for your time, what you think!!! Tragic aye :roll:
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:06 pm

What a traumatic experience to go through.

It must be very hard having to face it day in day out while your visiting your hubby(?).

It sounds like you buried away any thoughts of the accident and the shock of seeing his family and seeing some one he resembles him would be pretty hard to face *hugs*.

I hope you can find some closure and if you do run into his mother just remind yourself: you were not the cause of the accident.

Hope it doesn't get to weird for you
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:04 pm

What a tragic event you had to go through at such a young age :(

Hopefully at this time you will now be able to get some closure on this traumatic event from your past. Maybe there's a benefit to Jon's recent misfortune...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Rustie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:00 am

Its very weird but I kinda know what you are going through. I grew up living next door to a guy that died last year in a car accident.. He was just the most loveable person ever.
The night he died i had a dream about him which was strange cause i hadnt seen him in about 12 months cause we moved and so did they. He came and told me that he was happy and content and to tell everyone not to worry about him. It freaked me out.
Afew days later I rang a friend of mine (annie's friend at schools' mum) to ask her if she would watch annie cause i had a funeral to go to. She asked me who died and i explained. I nearly died when she turned around to me and said that his gf was actually at her house having coffee. I cryed.
Over 300 people turned up to his funeral and it was lovely.
Now everytime something propts me to think of him i see to run into a member of his family. Quiet a few times i have seen his mum in the shops. I also ran into his brother.
Its weird how things happen.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Mummyof3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:07 am

Rustie
The night he died i had a dream about him which was strange cause i hadnt seen him in about 12 months cause we moved and so did they. He came and told me that he was happy and content and to tell everyone not to worry about him. It freaked me out.
:shock: :shock: wow, he must have a strong connection with you, I really believe he came to see you, that evening,
I nearly died when she turned around to me and said that his gf was actually at her house having coffee. I cryed.
:shock: oh well, gosh that is so out of it. Instead of looking at things being so weird, would you say that you are now maybe more spiritually aware, when things like this occur!

HB55
It sounds like you buried away any thoughts of the accident and the shock of seeing his family and seeing some one he resembles him would be pretty hard to face *hugs*.
Yeah I did bury them, and just facing it all again after so long, makes me feel sad, takes me straight back to that day.... :!: The following is Grusome :!: I struggled to jump out of that car, my cousin Kareva was maybe about 5 meters away from the car, I was real dizzy and faint when I pushed myself through - out of the car, so dizzy that I walked a bit and then tripped over my cousin who was lying there already dead, I then saw daniel in the distance maybe 15 meters away from where Kareva layed I walked to him, and he was lying there in a pool of blood. :!: So yeah it is pretty hard.

San
Hopefully at this time you will now be able to get some closure on this traumatic event from your past. Maybe there's a benefit to Jon's recent misfortune...
Yeah closure is soo what I what I hope to get at this time, and I truely was thinking that maybe Jon being in hospital, sad to say was all ment to be,

Mummyof3

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 am

It's funny how people / things appear in your life after a long time. I know I had this with dad's passing. Every time I would see him in my dreams telling me of how he was feeling, someone from the past would always come my way.

It still happens to the day. Really unexplainable.

Im sending you all the strength vibes to get through this, remember, everything happens for a reason.

*hugs*
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fireball » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:07 pm

So sorry to hear what a traumatic event for such a young person to have to try to cope with. It must be confusing emotinally having the situation with your husband on one hand and the past on the other. I hope you are able to find some inner peace from this. Maybe consider if you did run into the mom what would you say to her, so if it happens you are prepared. Sometimes because time has past things are different than they were. She may be ok about seeing you. You wee only a child at the time!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Chelle » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:13 pm

That is such a freaky coinscedence, how bazzar. Would of brought back a few painfull memories & to go through that at a young age aswell. And to have the nephew look like him too it would look like you had seen a ghost. It'a amazing after all these years that it has come up. Somthing that you cant avoid as Joh & the guy share the same room as each other.
Chelle

Re: I'm seeing a ghost

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:35 am

Yeah it was freaky seeing my past all over again, but it was good in a way, cause Jon hates my past, (ex partners) like he always gets pisssed off when we use to see someone that I went with back in the day and so fourth, so that was good for him in a sense, I thought it was going to bring us some problems like it always use to, but nah, everything was algud.. Jon dealt with it very well...

It was nice when Jon left the hospital though, I picked him up to bring him home on friday, so thats cool wont be seeing any of them now for a while.

Mummyof3

Re: I'm seeing a ghost

Postby JL77 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

All I can think to say is WOW !!!!!!!
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Return to Just Chatting