It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Free Newsletter

60's themed party

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

60's themed party

Postby Sassygirl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm

My mother in law is turning 60 and we are having a 60's themed party. Just chasing some ideas on what to wear/costumes. I know that it is the era of the "hippies" so any suggestions would be appreciated. Also Perth people - do you know of any good vintage Op Shops (second hand shops) around the traps that I might be able to get some "older" style clothing.

Cheers
Michelle
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Re: 60's themed party

Postby electrongirl » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:53 pm

I LOVE 60's clothes, but no the hippie stuff!! I love Mod stuff!! White boots and bobbed hair, shift dresses!! Like this:

Your best off going into Freo and having a look at the retro stores they have there.

Pongee Retro Clothing on high st is good and there are heaps of other ones.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: 60's themed party

Postby matchbox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:39 pm

there's a few good ones along beaufort st too - memory lane is a costume hire shop but they sell all that kinda thing too :)

also i think the vinnies around there has some pretty retro stuff (can't remember exactly where sorry). maybe try the good sammys up there too - haven't been but heard of some pretty cool things about it.

also on beaufort st (can u tell i live around here? :P) mum's retro boutique - that has some pretty wicked stuff too, lots of old school stuff as well.
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Return to Just Chatting