It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:58 am

Free Newsletter

So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 pm

[color=#FF0000]That lovely dovey day is coming uo this Thursday. :D Whats everyone doing for valentines day (partner or not)? And what are people getting there special someone? :wink: [/color]
Tarz

Re: So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:09 pm

my man is taking me out to a 3 course dinner (cue scary music)...im a little worried, but I think I'll skip the entree, have the main and we can split dessert. He has gotten me a suprise, I have no idea what and I bought him Superbad and family guy...looking forward to Thursday :) (especially if my weigh in on wednesday goes according to plan!)
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:11 pm

I wish I was strong enough to tell my boy not to buy me chocolates!!! He wouldn't anyway - I'll be lucky to get a card!! :roll:

We're in the process of saving for a new house and an O/S holiday so we're not doing much. We're going to the cricket at Adelaide oval on Sunday so I've bought his ticket and he's bought mine....how romantic!! haha!! :oops: :lol: :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Sounds like your gonna be a very lucky woman on Thursday night. My fiance and i have decided we can't spend to much since we have to save all our pennies for our trip to Fiji, but i did catch him looking at the Austrian restaurant i want to go to on the internet so i am hoping we are going there so much. I know we are going to the movies later in the night to see definatley maybe.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:15 pm

ali76 wrote:I've bought his ticket and he's bought mine....how romantic!!

We've done that before. :lol:
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:19 pm

We did the same thing for Christmas...we were already spending so much on everyone else so I bought him a ticket to see Jack Johnson and he bought one for me!! Lucky we have the same taste in music and sport!! :P

I'm still mad about him so just happy to spend time with him....aaaawwww..... :oops: :wink: :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby emmaline » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:34 pm

hehehe i had to force my boyfriend to do something
but he's feeling guilty lately for being a bit mean, so he has kinda agreed
i set just a $10 limit because i thought something token would be cute
i found him a snowdome where you put your own photos in
totally cheesy and perfect for his desk at work
now i just need a photo!

all you lucky girls whose boyfriends do lovely things!
i might have to get your boyfriends to teach mine
this is our fifth valentines and its the first time ill get anything (if he remembers!)
emmaline

Postby Fiona25 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:07 am

We rarely do anything for V day - too expensive and not good while dieting!

I'm going to be using my massage/facial voucher Thursday morning though, can't wait :D

I will get my hubby a card and thats about it, i'll be lucky if he even remembers its V day :lol:
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Mandie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:53 am

by a pure coincidence (I'm working shifts), i have the day off on Thursday - and so does Joel becuase it's his uni O week and he doesn't have to go in on Thursday, but he already got the day off work!

So we're gonna spend the day just with each other at home. Might go out for a spot of lunch, but will just enjoy each others company and relax :) And then we are planning to cook a delicious dinner together!

I think I will get him something small today, but we discussed presents and decided not to spend much, so it will just be something token.

I'm just psyched we get to spend the whole day together - rarely happens now that I'm working most weekends!

:D
Mandie

Postby sassi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:51 am

i'm going to the PT after work :lol:

neither of us are very into v-day - we do cards & that's it.
sassi

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:59 am

Im not really sure yet, we never do anything over the top for it, after all it is a fabricated day of love. I think I might just cook him his favourite dinner, get the kids of to bed early and put something sexy on. For dessert im thinking champagne, stawberries and some fun with some low fat whipped cream hehe :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:58 am

I'm working!! haha

it was our 2nd wedding anniversay on Sunday so we kind of combine them. We had a nice lunch on Sunday and we aren't doing pressies as I am getting my laptop in a week!! YAY!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:02 am

Just gotta say it's my parents 27th wedding aniversary tomorrow (the only day they could get married was valentines day) and i really hope when i have been married for 27 years that i am still as in love as they are. My dad has taken my mum to Las Vegas, they left Monday and tomorrow night he has booked dinner at a fancy hotel and gotten tickets to the cirque du soleil there (not the beetles version the other one). Mum doesn't know hes booked that stuff yet. She found out 2 weeks ago she was going to vegas. I never thought my dad could be like that.
Tarz

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:09 am

Tarz wrote:Just gotta say it's my parents 27th wedding aniversary tomorrow (the only day they could get married was valentines day) and i really hope when i have been married for 27 years that i am still as in love as they are. My dad has taken my mum to Las Vegas, they left Monday and tomorrow night he has booked dinner at a fancy hotel and gotten tickets to the cirque du soleil there (not the beetles version the other one). Mum doesn't know hes booked that stuff yet. She found out 2 weeks ago she was going to vegas. I never thought my dad could be like that.

that is so awesome!!!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Return to Just Chatting