It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:54 am

Free Newsletter

I hate it when shop attendants watch everything you do!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I hate it when shop attendants watch everything you do!

Postby Tarz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:18 am

I need to have a rant

Just went to my local shops very quickly and decided to stop in on bras n things to pick a voucher book for fiance for Valentines day (you know the sort i mean :oops: ...its something i know he would love and they are fairly cheap) i went in (now just so you know, i'm not an outgoing girl, i get embarrassed easily so this is a big thing for me to go into a shop and look for this sort of thing) anyway i go in to the stand they are usually on and the girl comes over with the can i help you and i say no and she turns around walks two steps faces then me again and just watches me! I hate being watched in any store - i'm not gonna steal anything. If i want help i will tell you. At least don't make it obvious that your watching me!
I just walked out i couldn't hack it :oops: .
GGRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :x
Now i don't have the voucher book and won't have another chance to go back and there aren't any others near by.. GGGRRRRRRR!!!!!! :x
Tarz

Re: I hate it when shop attendants watch everything you do!

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm

you should have turned around and said "would you like to read this with me"? she would of got the hint then and racked off. But I do agree with you, doesnt make you feel very comfotable and willing to spend does it. Have you got a printer, Maybe you could print up your own vouchers and put a bit more of you and him into them, word them how he likes it if you know what I mean. :wink: you could always do it by hand.. the vouchers I mean :P lol
Nikerz82

Postby Tarz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Don't have a printer at home and there is to much traffic in the print room at work. Don't really get much time at hjome by myself to be able to do it by hand but i could try. Grab some coloured paper and pens. He does have rugby training tonu=ight. I guess i could print out blank ones at work and write them in later. Thabks Nickerz.
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Knickers, you took the idea out of my mind!!

I too was going to suggest making your own (something i might consider too!).

I literally laughed out loud to your comment of - doing it by hand....!!! Hahahahahaha!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 pm

sorry my dirty mind run away with the sensible me :P lol :lol: :D

No worries tarz hope he likes it... Yours too Ali.. :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby emma21 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:26 pm

I was in a gift and homewares store a few months ago and there were two shop assistants working at the time (doing a stocktake I think). 1 of the assistants was leaving to have her lunch (I presume) and says to the other "Keep an eye out to your left". I was the only one in the shop at the time and yes I was probably taking a long time to look at things (but its my god-given right as a customer!) but there was no way I was about to steal anything. I was gobsmacked! I waited til the woman had left for lunch and then said to the other assistant "Tell your colleague I dont appreciate the insinuation that I would steal from your shop and she can stick it up her ar$e!" I havent been back since and neither has any of my friends and family.
emma21

Postby Jodie91 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:23 pm

Had a similar experience in the local toy shop- the shop was under new management (the old managers/workers were excellent) and the new owners watched and didn't smile and didn't welcome customers into the store. It has lost all of it warmth to the extent I wont buy my kids toys from there anymore and have actually told the kids that I wont go in to the shop because I dont like the new owners. Sad but true and I knwo I should be supporting the little guys but they just aren't nice
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby big_love » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:35 pm

I know where you guys are comming from, especially not returniong to shops. As I work in advertising and design ads, and I live in a small town, everyone is always on your back to shop locally. But when shop keepers are a$$holes to you (when your a customer, or your dealing with them through work) why would you spend money in their business?!?! And the toy shop thing...our toy shop is exactly the same...they are nasty, never smile or anything...I don't shop there at all (and my family has boycoted them as well)
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Beetle » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Wow, I thought it was only me that felt like this, I so know where you guys are coming from. I even go to the extent of trying to find the busiest time to shop so that I'll just be free to browse without feeling like everyone is watching me. :evil:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woR3SP2/]
[/url]
Beetle

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I get the opposite!!

I can't stand it when you obviously need an assistant and they completely ignore you!! God that annoys me!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:25 pm

I hate when you just want to look and the pushy assistant feels the need to follow you around and comment on everything you appear to be looking at telling you the prices and quality etc even if it's some cheap knock off handbag. I hightail it out of any shop that pressures me to buy crud I just wanted to look at. I just want to look in peace and buy if I find something I like. If I want your assistance I will ask for it...and I expect you to be happy to help!!

I work in an award winning customer service team and I expect great service everywhere I go, maybe I have been spoiled but I really don't think it's that hard to give people what they want. If someone wants to be left alone, it's pretty obvious, JUST DO IT!

I think I need to relax a bit... :shock:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:01 am

hysterical_oliver wrote:I work in an award winning customer service team and I expect great service everywhere I go

I think thats what i should be doing. When i worked as a checkout superviser at a IGA store i was always big on customer service. I comment on people customer service skills everywhere i go.
Tarz

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:04 am

I did a course on customer service a couple of years ago and according to surveys Australia has pretty bad customer service compared to the rest of the world.

North America, funnily enough scored pretty high and I can confirm this cause when I was in the US the service I got in most places was really good.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:11 am

They do, I lived in the us for 3 months and everywhere you go they are chirpy when they work.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:11 am

But that could be because they rely on tips a fair bit
Tarz

Next

Return to Just Chatting