It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Free Newsletter

What part of you do you love

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What part of you do you love

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:09 am

After watching TBL last night and seeing the agrument between kerianne and Jillian that you gotta have something about yourself that you like got me thinking. Yeah it easy to say hey i hate my arms and my legs i dream of the day i have two seperate thighs (i do really). I thought about what i like about myself and it makes you feel better, it gives a boost in confidence. So write down what you love about yourself. It can be personality wise but you must also say something about your body that you love.
For me, i have 2 things about me i like. First is my eyes. I have very blue eyes. my mum dad and brothers all have brown eyes so everyone comments that i have my oms's (grandma's) blue eyes. My second thing is i am happy with my stomach, never really had a problem with it. only when bloated from eating to much apart from that it has always been fairly flat.
Tarz

Re: What part of you do you love

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:18 am

Calves :) They are pretty well worked, so you can see a fair amount (maybe too much) of definition. I like wearing skirts and high heals, reckon that's great. And maybe the collar bone/chest area... I'm very happy that I don't have bones sticking out of my chest, which is gross, it's pretty well covered with muscle (I make sure of that! Hate sticking out bones!)
SarahC

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:23 am

What a great thread Tarz! Thanks :P

I'm with you - I have my dads lovely blue eyes and L-O-N-G dark eyelashes. Also have my mums lovely soft skin that's never had acne, etc....thanks mum and dad! :P

Personality wise - I'm very determined....when I want something, I go all out to get it. Watch out 65kgs....I'm on your tail!! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:48 pm

My boobs and waist. I've always been lucky to have an hourglass figure... the only problem is it's grown to being a very large hourglass over the years! I have great cheekbones and cute ears as well. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:35 pm

My waist too, I've got the hourglass thing happening as well. I also like my bum and legs. Pretty much from the waist down, I like :) I'm happy with everything now except my boobs, urgh, and my eyes are too small! I like my collarbone area too. Okay, now I'm sounding conceited, but I'm really not!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Thers nothing wrong with having a number of things about yourself that you like. It's a good sign if you can keep thinking of them. Its called self love!
Tarz

Postby emmaline » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:45 pm

I like my waist too :)
Its the one place i never really put on weight!
I have chubby hips and tree trunk thighs, but my waist always remains pretty small
I love 1950s dresses for this fact!
it gives the impression i'm smaller than i am, as my upper half is small(ish)
but then i'm two sizes bigger on the bottom so the impression doesn't last long haha
D'oh!

I have my dad's eyes too!
Chocolate brown ones
emmaline

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:22 pm

How much do I love 1950s dresses! I have the problem of thick legs as well (or 'cart horse legs' as my mum so eloquently puts it). Even when I'm thin and fit I still share a striking resemblance to a rugby player from the waist down :lol: . My thick arms balance it out a bit though which is... umm... good I guess. Ah well, such is the lottery of genetics! And at least I know I look great in vintage clothes as a result. :wink:

Wait, I seem to have turned the 'positive' thread into a 'negative' one. I love my cart horse legs, I really do! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby emmaline » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 pm

Exactly EWQ!
And vintage is all the rage these days!!

I like having an hourglass figure
It makes me feel really feminine!
Until I get in a swimming costume... hahaha
Gotta love boardshorts

Here's to self love!
I think we should all be loving ourselves a bit more :)
emmaline

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:56 pm

I find it really hard to do these things and on TBL I was strapped for thinking what I physically liked about myself :cry:

Right now i'd say my hair when it is straightend, and my skin is fairly good. Usually pretty clear and hardly any freckles/moles/pimples etc

Personality wise I like that I don't take crap, I won't be walked on and I won't allow those I love being walked all over either. I'm also very generous and protective of close family and friends and would do just about anything for them. I have a good business brain too.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Very true, Tarz! I didn't work this hard and lose this much weight to hate myself still :P :P Although I still have my off days for sure!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby electrongirl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 pm

I'd have to say my hair. Its long, healthy and I can straighten it or have it curly. Its thick and at almost 32 I still don't have any greys.

I also like my feet and my hands, they are small and dainty!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:31 am

Im happy with my legs and I like my hair :) Wish I didn't have any greys though LOL!
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby sassi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 am

i think this is a great idea - i know i definitely spend waaaay too much time thinking about negatives & i'm sure that's part of what has caused me to hover around the same weight for months - self fulfilling and all that :|

anyways, i like my eyes & my eyelashes. i have dark brown eyes & pretty long lashes. i love getting them tinted blue black :)

i also like the skin on my body (rather than my face) - it has it's fair share of scars (damn being clumsy!) & cellulite but it's smooth & soft.

hmm. that wasn't too hard at all :)
sassi

Postby Beetle » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:04 am

This is really hard!!! I guess I like my arms and back, nice and toned from so much rowing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woR3SP2/]
[/url]
Beetle

Next

Return to Just Chatting