It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:42 am

Free Newsletter

What food to you know you should eat....but just can't?

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

What food to you know you should eat....but just can't?

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Here's an interesting topic...!!

I would love to be able to eat seafood, but I just can't stand it!! I know how good it is for you....but....sigh....

And a normal one that a lot of people hate - brussel sprouts...eeewww....!!

Apart from that, I love my fruit and veggies!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: What food to you know you should eat....but just can't?

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:27 pm

Beans you know like mexican beans.
Chick peas cant bring myself to even look at them. :oops:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby bferbear » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 pm

I don't like avocado, I just cannot bring myself to eat it for some reason, on the odd occasions I have eaten it before I haven't minded the flavour, but for some reason as soon as i realise I ate avocado I feel queasy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby bferbear » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:32 pm

that should read "on the odd occasions I have eaten it unknowingly before...."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Ooohhh.....I LOVE avocado....just had it in my salad for lunch!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:41 pm

I don't like brussel sprouts but will eat them, I really don't like squash - they're gross. I used to think they were ok but I bought some recently and I don't know if they were more bitter or what it was but I couldn't eat them! I hate paw paw too. I think that is the only fruit/veg that I don't like.

I like most seafood, some stuff I don't like is natural oysters but I love kilpatrick or mornay, don't like squid and i'm not fussed on crab or lobster. I love salmon and most fish and freshly cooked prawns, not so much the ones that are already cooked when you buy them.

I think thats about it, I love pretty much all food LOL
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Tummygirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Oh Advocado and i are having an affair and my it is a strong relationship lol. If anyone looks at my food diary when i do it Advocado is at the top of my day lol soo nice on toast.
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't like shellfish with the exception of cray and crab. Can't cope with oysters and mussels etc. Like fish, but can't cook it to save myself!

I love most vegies if they're cooked right (do not feed me steamed-to-within-an-inch-of-it's-life vegies every day of the week, it will go badly with you) and grew up in a predominantly vegetarian household so I love all the pulses (red kidney beans, chickpeas, lentils etc etc) and know how to cook them. The only vegies I'm not keen on are green beans and broad beans errggh. Can't stand broad beans, except baby broadbeans in the dip called beguilla (it's a Maltese thing, a bit like broad bean version of hommous)

I'm not so keen on plain water - i.e. out of the tap. But i think that's just our tap water :lol:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby electrongirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:50 pm

I am pretty good with the food, its the water I have a real problem with.

I just dont drink enough fluids.

I am bad.....
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:58 pm

Again, can't think of anything :P :P

I loooove brussel sprouts!!! And avocadoes! *thinks to self* nope, I'm drawing a blank here!! hahah :P I'm just a food lover!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby hysterical_oliver » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:14 am

bferbear wrote:I don't like avocado, I just cannot bring myself to eat it for some reason, on the odd occasions I have eaten it before I haven't minded the flavour, but for some reason as soon as i realise I ate avocado I feel queasy.

I want to eat avocado too but it's just not right!!! All healthy for you and disgusting bleurgh :evil:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby JP1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:48 pm

theres not much l can't eat, l have my faves but love sea food, avocodos and everything else mentioned... therefore nothing thats actually good for you l can't eat...

the only stuff l can't eat and would refuse to is liver and kidneys and brains and stuff like that... the smell just puts me off full stop..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby NewMe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:35 pm

I eat pretty much anything...hence needing to lose weight :lol:

For some reason natural yogurt doesn't sit well in my stomach. Not sure why. I have tried adding museli fruit etc. but it always bothers me. Any other type is fine...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqW2v1C/]
[/url]
NewMe

Postby ForMe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:37 pm

I have Nikki's prob, I just don't drink enough water. I absolutely love avocado but keep it to a minimum taster because of the fat content.

My biggest thing with this topic is the combination of food on a plate. I know that it would be good for my weight-loss efforts to not have a carb with my evening meal and although I'm not counting carbs, I feel much lighter if I have say fish or meat with salad or vegies and not combined with any carby food like potato, pasta, rice, bread, etc. I feel lighter to the point of not feeling like I have eaten at all! So I do find it hard to be happy with no carbs at all at a meal. I've found that people who don't seem to have a problem with gaining weight eg my partner, are satisfied not to have a carb with their evening meal just as part of their usual eating habits. He can also jsut eat a big lump of meat and reckon its the best thing, and he can take or leave pasta whereas I love it. He can skip a meal if busy at work and bounce back at dinner without overeating. All clues I suppose as to what naturally normal weight people have built their health on. But then again, he can sit and eat a family sized block of chocolate after dinner with 2 big glasses of full cream milk once of twice a week and it would not tip his scales in the slightest. Maybe its just a much better metabolism.

Sorry to get off the topic!

Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:25 pm

I know I should eat lean meat and fish... I just can't eat it because I follow a vegan diet! You'd think that only eating vegetable products would make it easy to lose weight, but it's quite the opposite. And apparently because vegetable proteins aren't as well assimilated by the body as animal proteins it's actually harder to build muscle if you exclude all animal products from your diet. Plus you have a heavier feeling of fullness (if that makes any sense) after eating lean meat compared to beans and tofu so you can be tempted to overeat if you're just eating vegetable products.

That's not to say there aren't health benefits in eating a vegan diet. It's just that it's so much harder to balance everything. And I'm not even going to go into B12 and Omega 3 fatty acid.... (flaxseed oil is not as yummy as everyone says it is).
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Just Chatting