It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

i'm bored...

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: i'm bored...

Postby hysterical_oliver » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:33 pm

lol probably...I'm more of a facebook/email wh*re at work :oops:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:21 am

Well, I won't be at work tomorrow, so if I'm not sleeping I'll probably be on line.

Found a great way to get off from work - get hit by a car and taken by ambulance to the hospital...!! I don't recommend it though....kinda hurts?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am

What happened Ali? Are you ok? :?

I'm sure working is a lot less painful than being hit by a car!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:32 am

ali76 wrote:Do you find you get really tired from just being on your own and a bit bored? I find the day drag and I'm ALWAYS tired...

My last job was like that. my bosses spent more time in NZ then in australia so i was on my own mon-fri doing most things. I had to be there to man the phones and pack orders if they came in. so boring i barely lasted a year there and when i went for my new job i made sure there would be people in the office all the time. Although so far this morning there is only 2 in the office. me being one of them.!

i got so bored one day at my last job that i put the music right up and danced around until i saw people in the building across could see me. :oops: oh well it made an hour go by quickly.
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:40 am

Cac33 wrote:Hopefully your day gets more exciting!! :lol:

hahaha...it certainly did!!! :shock:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby matchbox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:28 pm

hahaha...it certainly did!!! :shock:

what happend?
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:40 pm

OK....here's the story...forgive me if I don't make sense - I'm on wicked pain killers and haven't had any sleep yet.

I was riding home (I get around town on a scooter - 50cc Yamaha) from my first Italian lesson for my new job. I was on a main road in Adelaide (Pulteney St for you south aussies) and in the left lane when a car started coming across from the right lane. I breaked and beeped and he went straight back into his lane. Then, he just decided to come over again...I breaked but couldn't stop quick enough, he hit me and I obviously came off.

I hit the road and my bike came on top of me. All the cars around me stopped and someone pulled the bike off me. Luckily there was an ambulance about 5 cars back so they came and took me away to hospital.

Its a good thing I wear a proper motorbike helmet and not one of those half head ones a lot of people on scooters wear. My helmet was totalled...

They thought I'd broken my ankle and / or my foot but xrays have cleared that but I've done some ligament damage so I'm on crutches. Also, the way I fell, the handle bars went right into my abdomen so I'm very bruised there. They did an ultra sound but thats all ok too. I'm just scraped and bruised EVERYWHERE! My legs, arms, hip, pelvis and my right foot - which is so sore it might as well be broken!!

All in all, I'm VERY sore - funny enough feel like I've been hit by a car - but very, VERY lucky. I could've very easily have broken something - including my neck. The police told me I came off the right way because if I'd tried to veer to the left to avoid the car, I would've ended up beng run over by the car in the lane turning left...

The driver has accepted full responsibility and the police are happy with all reports (they came to visit me in hospital!) so now it's just recovery time....think I'll be missing the gym for a while...?!?!?!?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby matchbox » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:44 pm

i just saw that in your thread and commented (stupid me didn't think to look there first :roll:) you poor thing!!!
how you feeling today?
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Oh Ali that sounds awful! Thankfully you haven't broken anything so hopefully you will be on the mend soon. In the mean time rest up & take it easy!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby shelbel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:47 pm

Geez Ali, thats scary sh*t!!! I really hope you're are doing ok :D

What will happen to the driver? I mean besides insurance and all that, will they be charged with dangerous driving or something?? I ran up someones bum in a work car (no one was hurt) And i got fined for 'not driving with due care' so surely they will cop something.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali76 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:39 pm

shelbel wrote:Geez Ali, thats scary sh*t!!! I really hope you're are doing ok :D

What will happen to the driver? I mean besides insurance and all that, will they be charged with dangerous driving or something?? I ran up someones bum in a work car (no one was hurt) And i got fined for 'not driving with due care' so surely they will cop something.

Apparently he was fined and given a violation....I feel bad for him though, he was SO upset!

The cops that came to the hospial said they could've thrown the book at him, but he was genuinely sorry and upset and admitted it was all his fault so they were a little more lenient...
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby shelbel » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:14 pm

Im sure he didnt do it on purpose and yeah i guess it would feel pretty yuck to be responsible for injuring someone like that (but thats nothing compared to being the one injured of course!!)
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby LillyPilly » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:48 am

ali76 wrote:OK....here's the story...forgive me if I don't make sense - I'm on wicked pain killers and haven't had any sleep yet.

I was riding home (I get around town on a scooter - 50cc Yamaha) from my first Italian lesson for my new job. I was on a main road in Adelaide (Pulteney St for you south aussies) and in the left lane when a car started coming across from the right lane. I breaked and beeped and he went straight back into his lane. Then, he just decided to come over again...I breaked but couldn't stop quick enough, he hit me and I obviously came off.

I hit the road and my bike came on top of me. All the cars around me stopped and someone pulled the bike off me. Luckily there was an ambulance about 5 cars back so they came and took me away to hospital.

Its a good thing I wear a proper motorbike helmet and not one of those half head ones a lot of people on scooters wear. My helmet was totalled...

They thought I'd broken my ankle and / or my foot but xrays have cleared that but I've done some ligament damage so I'm on crutches. Also, the way I fell, the handle bars went right into my abdomen so I'm very bruised there. They did an ultra sound but thats all ok too. I'm just scraped and bruised EVERYWHERE! My legs, arms, hip, pelvis and my right foot - which is so sore it might as well be broken!!

All in all, I'm VERY sore - funny enough feel like I've been hit by a car - but very, VERY lucky. I could've very easily have broken something - including my neck. The police told me I came off the right way because if I'd tried to veer to the left to avoid the car, I would've ended up beng run over by the car in the lane turning left...

The driver has accepted full responsibility and the police are happy with all reports (they came to visit me in hospital!) so now it's just recovery time....think I'll be missing the gym for a while...?!?!?!?

You are one very lucky woman. I hope your recovery goes well.
LillyPilly

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:55 pm

I hope you get better quickly, Ali. I must say I don't have as much sympathy for the driver as you and the police do. From what you said he knew you were in that lane because he went back to his lane initially when you beeped at him. What on earth could be his excuse for changing his mind and merging into your lane again when he already knew you were there???
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm

Thank you gorgeous people :P

I actually drove the car today (naughty) and I have to admit I have less sympathy for him now. If he knew there was a bad blind spot in the car (which he said to me!) and he herd me beep - why didn't he turn his head to look and not just in his mirror?! :evil:

I'm VERY cranky today....can you tell?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Previous

Return to Just Chatting