It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Aaah stressed - changing 2nd teaching area for Uni!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Aaah stressed - changing 2nd teaching area for Uni!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Aaaah I am so stressed right now, the past couple of weeks I've felt a little iffy about PE being my 2nd teaching area at Uni... today I met with my mentors, 2 4th year girls.. they asked if I had any issues and it all just came to the surface...
So I'm thinking of changing my 2nd teaching area from PE to English.. But I have to enrol in the English topics by Friday!!! AAAH!
I went to the Education office to make an appointment to talk about it, they said I had to EMAIL them through a request for an appointment!!! Can you believe it!! I couldn't just make an appointment there and then, I found that appalling! So I did that, and now I'm absolutely STRESSING that they won't contact me in time etc etc.. AAAH my lord I'm stressing hardcore.
Bet you anything I won't sleep for AGES tonight because I'll be thinking about it.

And now I have to go to work to feel incompetent while doing stocktake again - yeeha!!!!

Can you tell I'm having a bad day? :P :P

Em xoxo

PS Don't feel like you have to reply to this, anyone, I just had to vent!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Re: Aaah stressed - changing 2nd teaching area for Uni!

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Aww, uni admin stuff sucks Em! But you WILL get it worked out - trust me! You can always change these things in second semester and it wouldn't matter too much! Nothing is definite in uni, you can change as you go!

Don't stress.. deep breaths.. do the best you can, and don't worry about the things you can't control!
Mandie

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Thanks Mandie, hun :) :) I've calmed down a bit, work wasn't too bad and took my mind off things.
I've got a break tomorrow from 11-1 seeing as I have to go in to make up a Workshop that was missed cos of the Public Holiday, so I'll chase it up then!! Ah dear, I just feel so silly!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:47 am

Don't panic! Unis are used to students changing their subjects so they'll be able to deal with your request easily enough. I'm sure you'll be able to change in time and it will be sorted out with not much fuss.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm

ah hun, nothing is written in concrete when it comes to uni.

Like Mandie says you can transfer later on in the semester.

When I first started uni I started out doing a Law degree at UQ...blah I hated it!!! :twisted: and did it for a year, what was I thinking :roll:. The following year I transfered to QUT and ended up doing Marketing and HR and the year of law I did, did not go to a total waste. I just used those subjects as electives and got credit points towards my degree.

Hahaha welcome to the world of university bureaucracy :roll: . Sometimes they are prompt with emails, at other times not so. I remember I once emailed a lecturer 2 weeks before an exam to clarify a point. I didn't hear back from him until 2 weeks after the exam :shock: talk about slack.

Don't feel silly for stressing about it hun. All will work out in the end.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:58 pm

Whew, it's all sorted! I've got an appointment about it tomorrow. I've already emailed the topic coordinator for my new English topic and gotten the info off her of what books to get, an assignment that's due next week, how to make up the workshop I missed etc. So it's all under control :D

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Fantastic! I'm so glad it's all sorted. Uni is stressful enough without adding all the bureaucracy into the mix! Good luck with your studies. I hope you love your new subject!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:06 pm

Thanks hun :D It looks really good, can't wait to get started on it!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Great stuff :!: :D

Knew it would work out for you darl (oops I nearly wrote in my last name hahahaha).

Hmmm they should technically give you a couple of days extension at the very least for that assignment so you can catch up with the missed work. G'luck with it.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Tis all good, I've finished the draft for the assignment, so I'll be ok to hand it in :) :) I'm looking forward to my first Workshop, that's for sure :D
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Just Chatting