It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

I need ideas......... please help me

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

I need ideas......... please help me

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:28 pm

I want to buy my husband an eternity present. Usually the wife gets a ring when they have their first child, some of my friends got it for their first anniversary or out of the blue for no particular reason & my Mum got given hers on her wedding day as they weren't planning on having more kids.

So we are going to start trying to conceive later this year & I thought it would be nice to surprise my husband with an eternity present when I get pregnant. The reason I'm bringing this up now is I'll need to start putting away some cash so he won't notice the money gone if I take money from our savings.

I want it to be something that he will keep forever (an eternity :mrgreen: ) so I was thinking maybe a gold chain? He only wears his wedding ring & a bracelet that I bought him for his 21st. He doesn't wear cufflinks so they are out, watches we seems to damage too much with work etc (I have already given him 3!!!).

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Please help me............................... :D :mrgreen: :wink:

Cass x
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Re: I need ideas......... please help me

Postby Diminishing » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:32 pm

Cass, maybe a watch? My husband is very old fashioned and didn't want a wedding ring, so we opted for a watch instead....it is very "him" and will last a lifetime. I had it engraved on the back too.
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:56 pm

I have already bought him 3, all of which he has broken or scratched to death from work & various activities! BOYS!! :roll:
That's why I was leaning towards a chain as I think it is less likely to get damaged or lost.

Thanks for your input though :wink:
Cass

Cac33

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:16 pm

A tattoo lol THAt's eternity!!! :twisted:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Cac33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:21 pm

hysterical_oliver wrote:A tattoo lol THAt's eternity!!! :twisted:

I love it! I would like to get a tattoo but hubby is dead against them so I'm holding off getting one for now.

I kinda think that when ever you tattoo someones name or initials etc it jinxs the relationship. My brother tattooed a girls initals on his arm but they broke up so he had to have it turned into something else now it is massive & looks gross.

You cracked me up when I read your idea :wink:
Cass

Cac33

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:08 pm

Necklaces can be lost too.

I don't like them on men, but what about a pinky ring?
LillyPilly

Postby Fireball » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:03 am

I like your chain idea. It does depend on what your husband likes though. I bought a fine chain about 20 years ago for my husband and he has not taken it off. And our kids bought him one about 10 years ago. He wears both of them all the time. I asked him about it and he said he likes them. The watch idea again depends on persoanlity, my husband would see that as a work thing as his job depends on watching the time a lot.The little pinky ring is a nice idea too.

Marica

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:51 pm

I liked the Tat idea, If he liked them you could get matching ones or something, that would be pretty cool.

What type of things is he into???

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Return to Just Chatting