It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

The times that i hate weightloss!

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

The times that i hate weightloss!

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:02 am

:!: :!: :!: WARNING THIS IS A RANT :!: :!: :!:

Really annoyed right now! Fiance's birthday tonight so we went out for dinner and a few drinks at our local pub. The pub has really yummy food but the only thing on the menu i could have was a greek salad! BORING!!!!!!!!!!!
All i have drunk tonight is diet coke and water - trying hard to avoid unneeded calories. Sitting there watching everybody else get drunk is no fun. Sitting around with all sams mates is really boring!!!!! none of my friends could even come out because they have no money. All i wanted to do to make the night more interesting was to keep up the drinking with the others but i behaved myself. They all decided at midnight to go on to another pub cos one guy won $11k!!!!!!!on the censored (not exagerating!). I came home because of a massive headache.
ITS NOT FAIR, I WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE GIRLS THAT ARE SKINNY NO MATTER WHAT THEY EAT THAT WAY I COULD HAVE THE YUMMY MEAL, DRINK THE ALCOHOLIC DRINKS ALL NIGHT AND NOT PUT ON AN OUNCE. I HATE THIS WEIGHTLOSS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't gonna drink tonight because i am going to the horse races tomorrow and i'm gonna treat myself to a few champas.

RANT OVER sorry to take up your time but i had to vent.
Tarz

Re: The times that i hate weightloss!

Postby Pussycat » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:57 am

Just remember how far you have come, feel virtuous, and enjoy every sip of that champagne at the races.

Judith
I must make time for me!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8LUJQB/]
[/url]
Pussycat

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:49 am

You should be so proud of yourself, you displayed a massive amount of self control!

I don't think there are that many girls in the world that can do what they want, eat what they want and not put on weight, we probably look at them thinking that but they probably work really hard to maintain the body that they have.

Just think, you're probably the only one in the group from last night that doesn't have a hangover :lol:

Its fine to have a night out every now and then with some nice food and drinkies, don't deprive yourself completely. Just plan ahead and if you want to have a big night out then do extra exercise that day and be extra good for the rest of the week.

Have fun at the races!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby talia11 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 am

I hear ya chick - it is so hard to watch other people getting on it around you - and to see those skinny girls makes it even worse!

Just stick to your guns and it will pay off in the end..!!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks guys, had a sleep and not so annoyed now. The guys came back at about 4am absolutely pissed.I woke up at 8am and even though i hadn't drunk anything i felt crap. But that is probably because i smoked like a chimney out of boredom last night, i haven't smoked much at all, i am slowley kicking the habit. Disapointed in myself there but glad i didn't drink and eat crap.
I just realised why i had such a big headache last night, earlier in the evening i smashed my head against the drier by accident and had a bit of an egg. I am suprised i forgot about it!?!?
Fiona25 wrote:Its fine to have a night out every now and then with some nice food and drinkies, don't deprive yourself completely. Just plan ahead and if you want to have a big night out then do extra exercise that day and be extra good for the rest of the week.

Knowing that i was gonna have extra calories today i did a big workout at the gym already this morning and have bout one of those slim secret snack attack bars to eat at the races instead of having the crap they sell there to hold me off till dinner time. Will still drink slowly today. Looking forward to get frocked up. Thanks again guys for letting me vent last night.
Tarz

Postby HappyBella55 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Hey Tarz, I hear you girl. I went out last night while everyone around me was getting pissed I was drinking my water and diet coke. I used to feel left out but you know what I've realised - its all a state of mind! You can still go out and have a fab time without hitting the drinks.

You might have felt differently had you had your friends along. I know it can be boring when its your boy and his mates, boy can they get out of control :lol:

Good on ya for sticking to your guns hun.

Enjoy getting frocked up for the races. I love going to the races, only time you really get to get all doled up in gorgeous cocktail dresses :D

Fiona25 wrote:
I don't think there are that many girls in the world that can do what they want, eat what they want and not put on weight, we probably look at them thinking that but they probably work really hard to maintain the body that they have.

This is true Fi. All my skinny minnie friends work out so they can drink and eat what they want. It's all about balance. If they didn't exercise then they would put on the weight.

Though there are some women who have extraordinarily fast metabolisms and find it hard to put on the weight...my sister is one...grrr....hate her.....jokes, I love her to bits, but damn she took all the good genes :lol:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:12 pm

Sure some girls can drink and eat what they want and not gain an ounce but they're a tiny, tiny minority. And living a healthy lifestyle has so many more benefits than just being skinny! What's the point of being thin if your liver is pickled, you're aging prematurely from too few antioxidants in your diet, you're completely unfit, you're constipated and your arteries are clogged? Rather than concentrate on the fact that you can't get drunk, appreciate the fact that you can enjoy yourself the next day without a hangover.

And remember, eventually you're going to get to maintenance stage. Then you can have a couple of drinks and live life in moderation. You'll probably be so used to not getting pissed by then that you actually enjoy only having one or two drinks and escaping a hangover as well!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby nutzy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:15 am

Today all the girls in the office went to lunch at a local restuarant. I had a side plate with smoked salmon and prawns with salad, while everyone else enjoyed huge platters of baked potatoes with filling, steak pies and chips, macaroni and cheese, drooooollll I felt very virtuous, if not a little deprived - although I love smoked salmon and prawns. The restuarant also served huge portions of creamy cakes, oozing chocolate and cream, yet not a morsel passed my lips - my halo was shining extra brightly! I did well! I really, really could do with something decadent, creamy and mightily calorific, and today is the day that I HATE WEIGHTLOSS - I HATE THAT I HAVE 8.7KGS TO GO, AND YES!!!! I AM SHOUTING!!! So, I'm really with you on this one Tarz!!!

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Nutzy, this can be our rant thread when ever we feel weightloss is unfair!, Well done on being so strong through those temptations. Shows how dedicated you are to your weightloss.
Tarz

Return to Just Chatting