It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Free Newsletter

NRL 08

Talk about anything and everything, whether it's related to weight loss or not.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: NRL 08

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 am

mythril_hawk wrote:Tarz you damn champion!

Ive been a Balmain / Wests Tigers supporter since I was 4yrs old, 20 years!

19 years of pain, 1 year of sheer joy haha. 2005 will live with me forever! 8)

Are you on the Wests Tigers forum by any chance? I may know you from there if you are (this isnt my nickname there)

Excellent, i am so happy to have a fellow tiger here. I'm not on the forum but probably should be.
I actually have a question you may be able to answer for me. Is it just rumour or is it fact that Skando will be back next year?
Tarz

Postby mythril_hawk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 am

Its rumour at the moment and very unlikely.

To be honest (and I dont mean any disrespect to Skando, hes a champion!) but we don't need him back, it would be going backwards for our club I feel.
He is well past his best and would only handle 1 or 2 NRL seasons at max, then we will be left with a hole to fill again... We should invest in some young props to build our club around, eg Daine Laurie etc, players who would be with us for some time to come, Skando would just be a short-term fix and at his current age not a great fix either...

However if we could have Skando back in a coaching or mentoring type roll than I say we should jump at the chance, hes got a lot of knowledge to pass on :)
mythril_hawk

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:59 am

I agree that he should be in a metoring position rather then a playing position. I heard Skando was coming back and thats why they didn't make an offer to Teo (which i was a little upset about cos he does have great potential) But as you said, it is only rumour. Will just have to wait till next year to find out.
We do need to get more dane lauries on the team for sure. I heard Skando was coming back and thats why they didn't make an offer to Teo
Tarz

Postby mythril_hawk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:04 am

Yeah maybe thats why they didnt offer Te'o a contract but I'm not that upset about the loss of Te'o, he does have potential like you said but hes only good when all is going well, when we are under the pump he folds like tissue paper, we need more blokes like Heighington, hes an absolute champ in my eyes :D .

We've also lost Bronson Harrison for next season :(

And nearly lost Todd Payten!

Gareth Ellis will be a big boost :)
mythril_hawk

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

i wasn't happy when i heard about Bronson. I'm hoping we do have a better season next year. I plan to get another season pass next year, except no point choosing seats at leichhardt, each time we sat on the hill. Do you go to many of the games?
Tarz

Postby mythril_hawk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Yeah I get to as many as I can :)

Leichhardt is getting robbed in 2009! Campbelltown gets 3 extra matches
mythril_hawk

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:16 pm

mythril_hawk wrote:Leichhardt is getting robbed in 2009! Campbelltown gets 3 extra matches

what? Do you mean there will be an extra three home games that will be played there or there won't be any leichhardt games? Even though i am happy to have games at c'town (it means a home cooked meal from mums afterwards) i love the games at leichardt, closer to home, drinks at the red lion before hand and the atmoshere is so much better on the hill! Leichhardt should get more then ctown. Better crowds and less yobos.
Tarz

Postby mythril_hawk » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:22 pm

3 of our games which would normally have been sold off to the souless concrete jungle (Telstra/ANZ Stadium) have been moved to Campbelltown.

Good for the club in the most part but Id have liked to see at least one of those go to Leichhardt, at least the fans at Leichhardt turn up, the fans out Campbelltown way are very much fair-weather supporters and like you mentioned the atmosphere at Leichhardt is way better, Leichhardt Oval is worth 6-12 points a game for us from the crowd alone!
mythril_hawk

Previous

Return to Just Chatting